• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is A Vote For Gary Johnson - - -

Is a vote for Gary Johnson - - -

• A vote for Hillary Clinton?

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • A vote for Donald Trump?

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • A vote for Gary Johnson?

Votes: 30 78.9%

• Total voters

A vote for Gary Johnson is just a vote for Gary Johnson. I realize some die hard party-tards who don't mind principals taking a back seat just as long as their party wins will claim a vote for Johnson is a vote for Clinton or a vote for Johnson is a vote for Trump.

a vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for "none of the above." It's a vote to break the stranglehold that the two major parties have on elections. If enough people were to vote third party, maybe people would begin to wake up to the fact that both parties have sold out to the military industrial complex.

Of course, Johnson has no chance to win California, but then, neither does Trump. The votes of us Golden Staters don't really count in the general presidential election anyway.

Three old ladies were sitting in the park when a flasher came up to them and did his thing. The first old lady had a stroke on the spot. The second one had a stroke soon after.

But the third one couldn't reach.

They felt the Johnson.

The only way that he'll ever see the inside of the White House is as a guest.

But not as a guest of Trump.

:lol:

A vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Gary Johnson to the person casting the vote. And that's perfectly legit.

In practical reality, a vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Hillary Clinton. Sorry, it just is.

That being said, I'd still prefer that people vote their conscience.

A vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for yourself. There are a whole lot of people that are going to look at themselves in the mirror and feel like **** because they voted for either of those major party clowns. Sadly...there are also a whole lot of people that will look at themselves with pride that they voted for either of those two major party clowns. Either way...when you look at how badly ****ed we are as a country and how we got to a choice between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton...dont blame Trump...or Clinton. Blame the partisan muppets that put them in the WH.

I might vote for him because he says he'll legalize weed and I can be stoned for 4 years until a better candidate shows up. His foreign policy is garbage in my opinion, but his other stuff is mostly ok.

Unless there is some fine print on the ballot I am not aware of, a vote for Candidate X is a vote for Candidate X.

A vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Gary Johnson. It's who I'm voting for, that's for sure.

If a pollster calls me and asks who I am voting for I will say Johnson because he is currently polling around 13%, and 15% gets him on the debate stage. But in reality I haven't decided yet between him and Stein, who is at only 5%. May I ask why you have chosen Johnson instead if Stein?

A vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Gary Johnson to the person casting the vote. And that's perfectly legit.

In practical reality, a vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Hillary Clinton. Sorry, it just is.

That being said, I'd still prefer that people vote their conscience.

The strongest mathematical case you can make is that it's half a vote for Hillary. But since it seems like Johnson is drawing an equal or greater number of otherwise Democratic voters this year than Republicans, a better case could be made its half a vote for Donald Trump.

The best case that can be made though is that it's a vote for Gary Johnson.

The only way that he'll ever see the inside of the White House is as a guest.

But not as a guest of Trump.

:lol:

Of course not. Donald Trump will sublet the White House to his buddy, Vladimir Putin, to use as the Russian Embassy. Remember, for Desperate Donald, if the money's there he does not care.

A vote for Trump is a vote for Trump and not a vote for Clinton or Johnson. A vote for Clinton is a vote for Clinton and not a vote for Trump or Johnson. A vote for Johnson is a vote for America. But, go ahead and vote for Trump or Clinton. Both are Democrats. Both want to be the royal tyrant to replace Obama. They're both do anything for a buck.

... a waste of a vote.

If a pollster calls me and asks who I am voting for I will say Johnson because he is currently polling around 13%, and 15% gets him on the debate stage. But in reality I haven't decided yet between him and Stein, who is at only 5%. May I ask why you have chosen Johnson instead if Stein?

Because Johnson is at least a somewhat realistic candidate at 13% to 5%. I hope he does make it to 15%. She has no chance to.

I will to see how the election is going. If it is a land side and my vote will not stop the wicked witch I will vote for Johnson.

I personally don't care for Johnson but we do need more choices. Plus if the rich and powerful are going to buy every election lets make them pay. If you have enough parties spread thin enough there would be a chance a candidate of the people might actually get elected. As we get more parties we make it tougher for the rich and powerful to own the President, Congress, and SCOTUS. They may still always fund the presidential candidates but we could take congress away from them by not voting party. They clearly fund and own both parties.

A vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Gary Johnson.

The bull**** line about "you're giving the election to this other candidate" if you vote 3rd party is...well, bull****.
If you can't earn my vote by presenting a choice I want to vote for, you don't deserve said vote.

If you can't run a campaign that wins without threatening people with your opponent should they not vote for you, you really don't deserve to win.

A vote for Gary Johnson is a Vote for Gary Johnson, which will likely be inconsequential in a practical sense when speaking of the actual results but which may hold far more consequence on a personal level.

A vote for Gary Johnson cannot be said to have a negative impact on the voting totals of Hillary or Trump, unless you can say with certainty that a given Gary Johnson voter WOULD have voted for that particular candidate if Gary Johnson wasn't in the field. Even then, while it would be accurate to say the presence of Johnson cost [x] candidate a vote, the vote itself would still be a vote for Gary Johnson

Sorry, but it's just not, unless you've got some type of crystal ball indicating that if each person voting for Gary Johnson was forced on pain of death to vote for either Hillary or Trump, that they would all to a man pull the lever for Donald Trump.

Back
Top Bottom