• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is a degree in Accountancy enough to teach Business Studies

ashiol

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Guys..
what do you think Is a degree in Accountancy enough to teach Business Studies at secondary level?
share your opinion with me

Guys..
what do you think Is a degree in Accountancy enough to teach Business Studies at secondary level?
share your opinion with me

If secondary means high school, then probably "yes", assuming that you are also teacher certified in your state. In my state, teacher certification at the high school level requires either a minor in education with an extra semester for student teaching, or a Masters of Art in Teaching (usually a year or year and a half program beyond the bachelors degree). Some states allow you to get an associates degree in education (before or after your bachelors), plus a bachelors in the subject area that you want to teach, and then passing the Praxes I and Praxes II for your particular subject matter. Some states will wave the need for any education classes, if you have a bachelors in the field that you want to teach high school in, if you have at least X years of work experience in that field - but you still have to pass the Praxes I and II, and you still have to take graduate level continuing education classes to remain certified.

And some bachelors degrees automatically come with teaching creditals, but not normally business degrees. Examples of bachelors that include teaching creditals would be degrees that end with "education", like a degree in Physical Education, or a Bachelors of Music in Music Education. There may or may not be a Bachelors of Science in Business Education, not sure about that, never heard of one, but it's possible.

You should be able to google the requirements for your state.

Back
Top Bottom