• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is 44% true?!

Have they been able to prove there is a nuclear weapon in Iran or is this just war propaganda like Iraq?

If we wait until that happens, it will be too late. That would be like waiting until you've been in an accident before putting on your seatbelt. The idea isn't to stop Iran once they get one, its to prevent them from getting one. Anyway, not sure if you even realize it, but Iran does NOT have a right to a nuclear weapon, no matter how bad liberals such as yourself want them to have one. They signed the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, if they acquire one they will be in direct violation and would immediately be subject to the full force of the US and Israeli military.

I will say that I'm not sure if the OP even realizes it, but asking "will my life improve if we go to war" is EXTREMELY selfish. God, it wreaks of selfishness. At no time in the history of our nation has individual comfort level been a reason to go to war. War is about the good of a nation, the safety of a nation, stopping a brutal dictator. But no.....its not about you and your god damn lifestyle improvements. You want to improve your lifestyle? Get a better job. But war has nothing to do with that.

Some people amaze me, and in really bad ways.

Did the quality of life get better over here after nuking Japan? Damn right it did. We had a huge industrial revolution in this country once the war ended, and nobody in their right mind disputes that nuking Japan ended the war. Did the quality of life here improve after attacking Iraq and Afghanistan? Well, not really. I mean employment was at historically high levels but you surely couldn't tie the two together.

Last edited:
If we wait until that happens, it will be too late. That would be like waiting until you've been in an accident before putting on your seatbelt. The idea isn't to stop Iran once they get one, its to prevent them from getting one. Anyway, not sure if you even realize it, but Iran does NOT have a right to a nuclear weapon, no matter how bad liberals such as yourself want them to have one. They signed the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, if they acquire one they will be in direct violation and would immediately be subject to the full force of the US and Israeli military.

I will say that I'm not sure if the OP even realizes it, but asking "will my life improve if we go to war" is EXTREMELY selfish. God, it wreaks of selfishness. At no time in the history of our nation has individual comfort level been a reason to go to war. War is about the good of a nation, the safety of a nation, stopping a brutal dictator. But no.....its not about you and your god damn lifestyle improvements. You want to improve your lifestyle? Get a better job. But war has nothing to do with that.

Did the quality of life get better over here after nuking Japan? Damn right it did. We had a huge industrial revolution in this country once the war ended, and nobody in their right mind disputes that nuking Japan ended the war. Did the quality of life here improve after attacking Iraq and Afghanistan? Well, not really. I mean employment was at historically high levels but you surely couldn't tie the two together.

What money are you going to use to support it. God knows we don't have it.

Recently I heart that 44% of Americans agree with attack to Iran. Is this true?! If so, OK, no problem! but I would like to write a few notes:
  1. Even, if you, 44%, defeated Iran, then what will do you, next?! Did Japan nuclear bombing make your life quality better, before?! Did your before wars make you happier really or not?! Did not learn that the earth is wide enough and God will punish sinners?
  2. In next war, our heart is fill of pride but yours, 44%, is fill of fear, because we're true but you're false. Althout we're poor physically but you, sinners, are poor spiritual. We love death on our true opinion because we believe heaven, but you, 44%, the hell is waiting for you, because you kill peoples on false opinion.
  3. Althout I myself don't agree with alot of things in Iran and I myself know that there are problems with us and I myself know that the United States is better than us in some fields, but I'll forget these when I smelt a foreign attack and many Iranians are like me. They will be together all and will forget other problems when they reach a bigger problem.
I think it's simple to guess who is the winner of the war.

Are you seriously trying to turn something such as war into a religious chant of some type? Channeling the inner godism . . . where does god fall in all of this: looking at the Bible - he supports any war as long as it's religiously implimented and enacted . . . so they're right for waging jihad and we're right for responding?

I'm not following your religious connection, here - or why you'll step aside on your religious views so they can rule their region with theirs. I wish these issues didn't involve their ridiculous religion to begin with. . . it would make things so much easier to traverse.

Recently I heart that 44% of Americans agree with attack to Iran. Is this true?! If so, OK, no problem! but I would like to write a few notes:
  1. Even, if you, 44%, defeated Iran, then what will do you, next?! Did Japan nuclear bombing make your life quality better, before?! Did your before wars make you happier really or not?! Did not learn that the earth is wide enough and God will punish sinners?!
  2. In next war, our heart is fill of pride but yours, 44%, is fill of fear, because we're true but you're false. Althout we're poor physically but you, sinners, are poor spiritual. We love death on our true opinion because we believe heaven, but you, 44%, the hell is waiting for you, because you kill peoples on false opinion.
  3. Althout I myself don't agree with alot of things in Iran and I myself know that there are problems with us and I myself know that the United States is better than us in some fields, but I'll forget these when I smelt a foreign attack and many Iranians are like me. They will be together all and will forget other problems when they reach a bigger problem.
I think it's simple to guess who is the winner of the war.

Oh, the fake Iranian is back

I feel that he is trying to make something big happen to drive his campaign.

Do you think Obama supports the idea of starting a war with Iran, or at least a preemptive strike on specific "nuclear targets" within Iran?

Why do you think the second Iran gets a nuke it'll use it against some foreign country?

In the interest of injecting a little reality, here's a factual comparison of the US and Iranian military...

Item..........US...............Iran
Troops 1,477,896.....545,000
Reserve 1,458,500.....650,000
Aircraft 18,234..........1,030
Naval units 2,384..........261
Artillery 2,163.........1,575
Tanks/etc 56,269........12,393
Aircraft carriers 11...........0
Actual warships 305........56

Not to mention Iran's military technology is roughly Korean War era, while the US's tech is 21st century, giving a huge qualitative edge.

World Military Strength Comparison

It would be the Lion vs the groundhog.

Do you think that the war is a game?! There are only numbers and the real life is different and not completely predictable. Also, Quran says that 1 Believer man is equal to 70 sinners man.

Did you remeber?! Your army was more powerful than vietnam army and indeed you defeated them physically. But actually you lost the war because you lost the validity of the war in your people minds.

Goshin, I suggest you to go back to your game and left the war analysis to your bosses:lamo

Actually judging from the casualties in Afghanistan it would be 1 sinner to 70 believers dead. Just saying.

Actually judging from the casualties in Afghanistan it would be 1 sinner to 70 believers dead. Just saying.

So they, Afghanistanies, were not believers.

Why you dont say about Iran-Iraq war where Iran was alone and his revolution was young but Iraq was supported with a lot of countries including yours?!

Last edited:
So they, Afghanistanies, were not believers.

Why you dont say about Iran-Iraq war where Iran was alone and his revolution was young but Iraq was supported with a lot of countries including yours?!

The religious militants weren't believers? Really?

Are you suggesting that the USofA has "won" something by invading Afghanistan?

Not accusing. Just asking.

Something you are not factoring in, is that although the Iranian people have issues with their government, the second their country is attacked they will unify in solidarity. You're forgetting that an entire generation has already grown up with the mullah's brainwashing; that, and people will just unify anyway because it's their homeland. Iran is 1000 times stronger than Syria. Not that we couldn't beat them, but it's still not something to bat an eyelash at.

Also... our army is not for "quashing people". It's supposed to be for fulfilling our treaty obligations, and defending our nation from major threats. Iran does not qualify by any stretch of the imagination. They are doing good business with China, Russia, India, and until very recently, us; their economy is strong given the region, and their mullahs are just as greedy as any other economic power. They know they would lose to us, and if they are going for nuclear weapons, that is the reason why.

This whole notion that the mullahs are crazy enough to nuke Israel is propaganda. Iran has a nice status quo right now aside from the impending regional security problems.

brainwashing?! So who washed Libya, Egypt, Tunnes, etc minds while their main medias was in hand of dictators! what about Syria?! Ooooooh, why you have problem with ME?! Why you think you should decide about ME and peoples countries:doh Anyway there are not enough water there to wash million of minds:lamo

Lets ask something. How do you feel if we talk about attacking your country in our TV?! What caused this cheeky in yours?!:doh

Stop policing the world. Get out of other countries business. If Iran in fact does have a nuclear weapon then why not do what worked in the cold war? Talk to them. This invading countries is ridiculous. Yz89 makes a point. If they were talking about attacking us on our own soil then we would be going crazy. However, we can threaten them constantly?

The religious militants weren't believers? Really?

Yes, believing is in heart and not just a label or name. Do you think Taliban were believers? not at all. They did what they liked not what was true.

Every one who said I'm moslem does not mean he's believer. You, 44% Americans, are christians but do you really understand what christ tried to say? no, it's just a label on you like moslem lable on some Irianians.

Our religion isnot like others. Ours will have impact in all aspect of the life not just sundays. our religion says us the human will not die really after death and the world isnot for a game.
Quran says that the world after death is more bigger than the earth. It says that Allah created the life to test who do bad and who do good. Allah says that the earth is like a small toy in compare to the Heaven. So, we, Iranians, are not crazy at all. Why we should waste our time and money in war to buy Hell and lost Heaven?!!!

So, guys, we, Iranians, does not need the nuclear bomb becuase our logic is more powerful than nuclear bomb. The nuclear bomb is for who don't have logic.

I honestly want everyone who supported the war in Iraq to realize that they are idiots, and refuse to vote in any elections ever again.

Furthermore, I want the 44% of people who still want to invade Iran knowing the fiasco that was the Iraq war to simply DIE.

Come make me.

No, just pointing out the flaw in what he said.

The flaw is thinking we can win something by attacking Iran.

We've won nothing in the last ten years of war with two countries much less organized than Iran.

We've lost a lot.

Do you think that the war is a game?! There are only numbers and the real life is different and not completely predictable. Also, Quran says that 1 Believer man is equal to 70 sinners man.

Did you remeber?! Your army was more powerful than vietnam army and indeed you defeated them physically. But actually you lost the war because you lost the validity of the war in your people minds.

Goshin, I suggest you to go back to your game and left the war analysis to your bosses:lamo

You'll be laughing out the other side of your face if we do indeed go to war.

We have 3 times as many troops, 18 times as many aircraft, 4 times as many tanks, 6 times as many warships...

We whupped Iraq easily, after you spent years fighting them to a draw.... being Muslim did not seem to help them any. Taliban ditto.

Get real.

Yes, believing is in heart and not just a label or name. Do you think Taliban were believers? not at all. They did what they liked not what was true.

Every one who said I'm moslem does not mean he's believer. You, 44% Americans, are christians but do you really understand what christ tried to say? no, it's just a label on you like moslem lable on some Irianians.

Our religion isnot like others. Ours will have impact in all aspect of the life not just sundays. our religion says us the human will not die really after death and the world isnot for a game.
Quran says that the world after death is more bigger than the earth. It says that Allah created the life to test who do bad and who do good. Allah says that the earth is like a small toy in compare to the Heaven. So, we, Iranians, are not crazy at all. Why we should waste our time and money in war to buy Hell and lost Heaven?!!!

So, guys, we, Iranians, does not need the nuclear bomb becuase our logic is more powerful than nuclear bomb. The nuclear bomb is for who don't have logic.

It's not up to you do dictate what a believer is and isn't, they obviously thought they were the "true" believers also. Finding a definite truth in religious texts is a very shaky business at best.

The flaw is thinking we can win something by attacking Iran.

We've won nothing in the last ten years of war with two countries much less organized than Iran.

We've lost a lot.

I've already posted earlier that I'm not it favor of a war for the same reasons you described. I don't see what you're getting at.

Seriously? What exactly have we "won"?

Easily? WW2 didn't last as long.

Easily? How much did it cost us? In lives and dollars?

For what?

We beat them militarily in a matter of weeks, with only a small loss of life compared to almost any prior war on the same scale.

Occupation has continued for a decade, mainly because we're rooting out terrorists and old-regime holdouts and foreign fighters coming in to take us on.

Have you forgotten we occupied Germany and Japan militarily for DECADES, and that the first few years were rocky and difficult and a lot of "rooting out of old-regime holdouts" was going on? Study some history. If you want to get technical, we're STILL militarily involved with Germany and Japan.

What did we gain? Well there was this guy named Saddaam that ran things. He'd already invaded Kuwait and threatend Saudi, and was trying to set himself up as the Strongman Of All Middle-East. We decided that wasn't in our best interests and took him down. Well he's gone, and we've given the Iraqi's a CHANCE to have a democratic republic something like ours... it it up to THEM ultimately whether they keep it or not.

Hell yes I'd say we accomplished something. We removed a major thorn in the side of middle east stability for one thing....

You'll be laughing out the other side of your face if we do indeed go to war.

We have 3 times as many troops, 18 times as many aircraft, 4 times as many tanks, 6 times as many warships...

We whupped Iraq easily, after you spent years fighting them to a draw.... being Muslim did not seem to help them any. Taliban ditto.

Get real.

OK, Come on and see the result. Even if you kill me I'll be in heaven but what about you?! wanderer in a complicated world.
I did not know so far that you, 44%, are cheeky more as this!!!

We beat them militarily in a matter of weeks, with only a small loss of life compared to almost any prior war on the same scale.

Occupation has continued for a decade, mainly because we're rooting out terrorists and old-regime holdouts and foreign fighters coming in to take us on.

Have you forgotten we occupied Germany and Japan militarily for DECADES, and that the first few years were rocky and difficult and a lot of "rooting out of old-regime holdouts" was going on? Study some history. If you want to get technical, we're STILL militarily involved with Germany and Japan.

What did we gain? Well there was this guy named Saddaam that ran things. He'd already invaded Kuwait and threatend Saudi, and was trying to set himself up as the Strongman Of All Middle-East. We decided that wasn't in our best interests and took him down. Well he's gone, and we've given the Iraqi's a CHANCE to have a democratic republic something like ours... it it up to THEM ultimately whether they keep it or not.

Hell yes I'd say we accomplished something. We removed a major thorn in the side of middle east stability for one thing....

Needless to say you're completely on board with this guy?

1030-02.jpg

OK, Come on and see the result. Even if you kill me I'll be in heaven but what about you?! wanderer in a complicated world.
I did not know so far that you, 44%, are cheeky more as this!!!

Cheeky?

:mrgreen:

Young man, "cheeky" is more aptly applied to a medium sized country with a modest-sized military that is chiefly 50 years behind the times, acting like they can fight the largest, most modern and most powerful military in the world with any hope of anything but dying valiantly with honor. I respect the plucky underdog who refuses to knuckle under, and I salute the soldier who chooses to die doing his duty.... but you ought to be more realistic about the outcome. It isn't in doubt.... militarily, the US will defeat Iran with relative ease and in a very short period of time, if we choose to do so. Any opinion otherwise is ignoring the facts.

The only way we could lose is by half-assing the attack or losing interest before the task is complete.... in other words, poor leadership.

Last edited:
Needless to say you're completely on board with this guy?

View attachment 67123273

Actually I was never overly fond of Dubya. I thought Iraq was something that needed done, but I felt that Dubya half-assed the war, suspending major military operations too soon; nor did he handle the subsequent occupation and rooting out of terrorists and militants and foreign fighters in a manner that I could give my full approval to.

So in brief no, I was not and am not fully on board with Dubya about much of anything. He went with too much velvet glove and not enough iron fist.

Back
Top Bottom