• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is “SAD” a New York Adjective?

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I was listening to Michael Cohen’s interview with George Stephanopoulos (sp?) and he used the adjective, ‘sad’ in reference to his ex-client. Trump has used “SAD” in many Tweets. Is this a NY ‘thing?’ I don’t recall hearing it very much in the mid-Atlantic area...

Dude is straight out of central casting. That Hollywood script is writing itself.

I was listening to Michael Cohen’s interview with George Stephanopoulos (sp?) and he used the adjective, ‘sad’ in reference to his ex-client. Trump has used “SAD” in many Tweets. Is this a NY ‘thing?’ I don’t recall hearing it very much in the mid-Atlantic area...

Might be a tri-state area thing. That is interesting. Didn't think other parts of the country didn't know that. NY Values FTW?? I've used it in the exact same way Trump and Cohen uses it.

No, it is a trump thing

It is not unheard of for a subordinate to adopt the speech patterns of their superiors

Might be a tri-state area thing. That is interesting. Didn't think other parts of the country didn't know that. NY Values FTW?? I've used it in the exact same way Trump and Cohen uses it.

Tri-state?

Ny-NJ.......is Connecticut the third?

Tri-state?

Ny-NJ.......is Connecticut the third?

Yeah, parts of PA would like to consider themselves as part of it but NO!!!!!!!

Funny that most people on this forum don't know that either. I guess different cultures. :shrug:

I've heard and personally used "sad", exactly like Trump does. And I'm not from the East Coast. It might be an urban or generational thing. Hell, I can remember when "dope" meant "information". Yep, just like in Rolling Stone's "Straight Dope" column. That's generational, and who knows? It may have been urban thing, too. Hell, all I really know in slang seems to be urban. Guess I am who I am.

Its part of the lexicon of people who overwhelmingly use one syllable words, not a NYC thing. You know "Hulk smash" and "Me sad"

Back
Top Bottom