• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

And another one bites the dust. Will the racist Obama haters learn anything from this? This is what they said it was right from the start. Just too many baggers attempting to con the system.

No, they won't learn because politics is skin deep and their racist hate goes clean to the bone!

quote 86.jpg

Is the motive really that important? Anyone who knew about it and allowed it to continue, should be sacked.

I agree. I just think Republicans are attempting to link this to Obama, when they could be going after Obama for many things, such as killing American citizens with drones, without due process, spying on Americans, breaking many promises he made when he ran for office, etc. etc.

If Republicans want to impeach Obama for the things he is REALLY doing, then I will join them. However, I won't be a hack for either side. And, as it turns out, this IRS michigas is just more political hackery, especially when they won't go after Obama's real crimes, which is right in front of their faces.

You know, when you think about it, the GOP has more to worry about the Tea party than the dems.

I mean, the Tea Party is so, well, you know. They only help to assure democrat victories. The TP'ers hurt the GOP more than than anyone. It makes sense that a Republican would go after them.

It should be interesting to see how this plays out.
How is the Tea Party hurting the GOP?

Interesting development, but whether the staffer was a Republican or not is not the question. The IRS DID target Tea Party groups a lot more closely than Progressive groups. However, this does not appear to be political, but bungling how the IRS investigates applications for 501(c)3 status by groups. Many Tea Party groups had applied, which appeared to be more political than providing social programs, may have had an impact on how the IRS investigated, but the IRS ended up going overboard. This seems more like incompetence than political motivation, but whatever the reason, the IRS does owe apologies to the Tea Party groups they overscrutinized.

However, take this story with a grain of salt. The story is laid out by a Democrat. What actually occurred could be different. Let's wait and see how quickly this can be verified, one way or the other.

Article is here

Edit: The actual transcripts of the committee hearings (Part 1 and Part 2) seem to back this up. No wonder Daryl Issa did not want the transcripts released.

Predictable. It was a GOP operative all along. Either he was trying to create a fake scandal that he knew Issa would pick up (perhaps working with him -- that should be investigated) or he was trying to harm the tea party because it deflated GOP electoral prospects (again perhaps while working with the GOP leadership).

We need to investigate the GOP connection with this, starting with Issa.

Ted Adkins and other stupid candidates saying stupid things that resulted in electoral losses. Most rationale GOP operatives realize the tea party is killing the GOP. Even Rove realizes that and he created the tea party.

darrell-issa-Jay-Mallin-Bloomberg-via-Getty-Images.jpg

WANTED!

I think it swings the moderates and independants towards the democrat side. I know it does for me.

It's the middle that decides elections.

You can come up with all the conspiracy theories you want to, but they can't
change what is in the actual hearing transcripts, which is testimony under oath, and even by a Republican who oversaw the IRS Cincinatti office.

Is this the guy Cummings points to as the proof needed to end the investigation ?

LOL !! Yea you wish. I mean how fuc**** stupid do the Democrats think we are ? They forget, we're not Obama supporters. But how Convienent, a " Conservative Republican" who semt back ONE case to Washington.

There are signed letters by Lois Lerner that shows this targeting was Mico-Managed by Washington. Jay Sekulow is representing over 60 groups and has access to signed documents.

You people. This aint over, and until you can provide evidence of this middle managers political lean its juat more lies from Democrats and nothing else.

I am not a witch, legitimate rape, etc... The tea party is a big tent party for crazytown.

In 2010 the GOP lost 3 easily winnable senate seats, Sharon Angle in Nevada, Ken Buck in Colorado, and Christine O'Donell in Delaware. In 2012 the Tea Party primaried Dick Lugar with Richard Mordock who was crushed. Missouri should have gone red, but Todd Akin couldn't keep his mouth shut. That's at least 5 senate seats off the top of my head. Tea party candidates routinely under perform GOP baselines by 6-10 points in state-wide races.

Without the tea party, the Senate would have been either GOP or 50/50. Their complete compromise-a-phobia has also prevented the GOP from adapting to compensate for changing demographics.

From the transcript, made under penalty of perjury:
Q: And, sir, are you familiar with the National Treasury Employees Union?

A: Yes.

Q: Are you a member of the union?

A: No, I am not.

Q: And __________, are you registered to vote?

A: Yes, I am.

Q: And do you have a party affiliation?

A: Yes, I do.

Q: What's your party affiliation?

A: I am a conservative republican.

BWHAHAHHAHAH! The GOP was exposed again!

Oh FFS....

Without regard to who started the targeting or why we have seen and heard several top level officials who acknowledged that they were aware that the targeting was going on and did nothing about it. That's unacceptable under any circumstances. If nobody informed the White House that doesn't mean that the White House is guiltless in this. Oversight starts at the top and if the top has opted to insulate itself rather than lead then it becomes nothing more than a pawn of the infrastructure beneath it.

Jeepers, these groups were not targetted. Why do you think there was something sinister behind this? They just wanted to use the same rules/protocol on all like-minded groups. Why is that so freakin hard to accept?

I think it swings the moderates and independants towards the democrat side. I know it does for me.

It's the middle that decides elections.
You may have a point there. The Democrats court social conservatives and the Republicans court fiscal liberals. Those seem to be the swing voters but fiscal conservatives account for a huge portion of voters and we're fed up with both parties being against us.

Poll: GOP Can Broaden Appeal by Sticking to Fiscal Conservatism - US News and World Report

I am not a witch, legitimate rape, etc... The tea party is a big tent party for crazytown.

In 2010 the GOP lost 3 easily winnable senate seats, Sharon Angle in Nevada, Ken Buck in Colorado, and Christine O'Donell in Delaware. In 2012 the Tea Party primaried Dick Lugar with Richard Mordock who was crushed. Missouri should have gone red, but Todd Akin couldn't keep his mouth shut. That's at least 5 senate seats off the top of my head. Tea party candidates routinely under perform GOP baselines by 6-10 points in state-wide races.

Without the tea party, the Senate would have been either GOP or 50/50. Their complete compromise-a-phobia has also prevented the GOP from adapting to compensate for changing demographics.
A handful of Tea Partiers are harming the Tea Party movement and the GOP, but that isn't the same as the movement (as a whole) hurting the GOP. There are plenty of examples of Democrats hurting their own party.

Jeepers, these groups were not targetted. Why do you think there was something sinister behind this? They just wanted to use the same rules/protocol on all like-minded groups. Why is that so freakin hard to accept?
Obama disagrees with you, even though his own administration is at fault.

Did they apply the same rules to OFA?

Obama disagrees with you, even though his own administration is at fault.

Just like he overreacted when the now ripped apart ACORN video scadal (don't you just love that word!) came to light. Often it takes time to get at the truth and hard facts, but it seems Obama--in this case too-- was more concerned with appearances. Tsk tsk.

They were targeted. I'm not sure that there is even any legitimate debate over that. I mean TIGTA said they were targeted, Schulman said they were targeted, Cummings himself has said they were targeted.

When applications are pulled based on keywords related to political ideology that's targeting and the fact that ALL applications containing those words were sent up for additional scrutiny and a huge percentage of them were unduly delayed that's reasonable cause to look at the possibility of intimidation.

The transcript the OP is citing details one small aspect of what was going on and the actions and decision of one person in a long list of people who were involved in this activity.

They were targeted. I'm not sure that there is even any legitimate debate over that.

They were not targeted. I'm not sure that there is even any legitimate debate over that.

Wow, talk about opposite ends of the spectrum.

They were targeted..

By a GOP operative.

Doesn't fit into your narrative too well, does it?

Excerpt from transcript of deposition of IRS Cincinnati manager, under penalty of perjury:

Q: And, sir, are you familiar with the National Treasury Employees Union?

A: Yes.

Q: Are you a member of the union?

A: No, I am not.

Q: And __________, are you registered to vote?

A: Yes, I am.

Q: And do you have a party affiliation?

A: Yes, I do.

Q: What's your party affiliation?

A: I am a conservative republican.

Back
Top Bottom