• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

I'm confused. You say:

However, this does not appear to be political...

and then this:

...Many Tea Party groups had applied, which appeared to be more political than providing social programs...

appears antithetical...what am I missing?

...and yes, I read the ~200 pages of transcript but there is MUCH MORE out there for dissemination.

OK, they are racists. So you must be a terrorist supporter because so many Arabs support the Democratic party. See, it gets pretty ugly when you start assassinating peoples' character, based solely on association.

Are there a few racists among Tea Party members? Of course there are. Lots of people from the Middle East, a very few of who don't like America, support Democrats. But I'm not going to say that, just because a few of them don't like America, then that makes you a terrorist. I would be un-american for doing something like that. So, let me ask you - Are YOU un-American?

FAct is, more than half of the baggers are racists. That's what their real agenda is all about. I'm in the process of proving that now with one example of them being afraid to take a stand against another war. Simply because it would tend to be supportive of Obama in that he opposes the mainstream of the repub party.

But calling me a terrorist supporter is entirely different because the claim doesn't hold water and so it means nothing. if you would like to go the effort of substantiating that claim then I would probably be convinced to argue it.

Am I anti-American? No. I'm anti-American wars that are being waged for phony reasons and I see another one on the horizon. Are you anti-American for refusing to speak up and oppose them? Aren't the majority of your people opposed to another ME war?

Not at all.

The fact that it can't be linked to Obama is most definitely a problem

For the haters on the right

Right...because it's so much better to have an incompetent administration than it is to have one that's overtly malicious.:doh

Some desperate liberal spin going on here

The Federal Government used what are supposed to non partisan institutions to specifically target, harass and intimidate Americans based upon their beliefs. That is not in dispute. This information was released by Elijah Cummings who has made repeated contradictory statements and done everything in his power to brush this massive scandal under the rug. He's not even remotely a credible source.

This just shows how desperate The Left is to excuse and dismiss Fascism because their belief in their GodKing Messiah > The Constitution

I'm confused. You say:

and then this:

appears antithetical...what am I missing?

...and yes, I read the ~200 pages of transcript but there is MUCH MORE out there for dissemination.

What you're missing is that there is nothing "political" about questioning the tax-exempt application of a group that appears to be political when the law says that political groups are not eligible for that tax exempt status

I just want to make sure that I'm understanding how this all works....

We KNOW that the IRS was unfairly targeting Tea Party groups and have all kinds of evidence that it was doing so including admissions from dozens of people but (and apparently this is the only part that matters) because it can't be linked directly to Obama is isn't a problem.

Is that really the argument people are trying to make?

No, the argument of this post is that Issa called Carney a liar and insinuated that the president ordered the targeting. The pages that were released show Issa to be the liar. The IRS already admitted to the targeting. I'm sure more heads will roll before this is over but it has nothing to do with the WH

The Federal Government used what are supposed to non partisan institutions to specifically target, harass and intimidate Americans based upon their beliefs. That is not in dispute. This information was released by Elijah Cummings who has made repeated contradictory statements and done everything in his power to brush this massive scandal under the rug. He's not even remotely a credible source.

This just shows how desperate The Left is to excuse and dismiss Fascism because their belief in their GodKing Messiah > The Constitution

Prove that, and provide a citation from the links to the complete testimony given before Congress, which I posted in the OP. Good luck.

Right...because it's so much better to have an incompetent administration than it is to have one that's overtly malicious.:doh

Yes, a well-intentioned incompetent in a position of power is far more preferable than an administration which has both bad intentions, and the competency to put their intentions into action

It just doesn't help the hyper-partisans and their hateful lies of conspiracy

FAct is, more than half of the baggers are racists. That's what their real agenda is all about. I'm in the process of proving that now with one example of them being afraid to take a stand against another war. Simply because it would tend to be supportive of Obama in that he opposes the mainstream of the repub party.

But calling me a terrorist supporter is entirely different because the claim doesn't hold water and so it means nothing. if you would like to go the effort of substantiating that claim then I would probably be convinced to argue it.

Am I anti-American? No. I'm anti-American wars that are being waged for phony reasons and I see another one on the horizon. Are you anti-American for refusing to speak up and oppose them? Aren't the majority of your people opposed to another ME war?

Any old timer here will tell you that I was one of the very first to oppose Bush's war in Iraq. And, who the hell is "my people"? Fact is, you are nothing but a hack.

You do realize that non partisan orginizations are made up of individuals who can be quite partisan at times.

Did you read the transcripts of the hearings, which I posted in the OP? No, I didn't think so.

Unless I'm missing something all this guy is saying is that he bumped cases that he didn't want to make a determination on up the line. That's not exactly a revelation. It's what bureaucrats do. The problem came later on when these cases NEVER got resolved and just sat there in limbo for years on end.

This case is an elephant and this transcript is nothing more than an in depth look at the elephant's toe.

Last edited:

Got any evidence to support this?

You know, when you think about it, the GOP has more to worry about the Tea party than the dems.

I mean, the Tea Party is so, well, you know. They only help to assure democrat victories. The TP'ers hurt the GOP more than than anyone. It makes sense that a Republican would go after them.

It should be interesting to see how this plays out.

No, the argument of this post is that Issa called Carney a liar and insinuated that the president ordered the targeting. The pages that were released show Issa to be the liar. The IRS already admitted to the targeting. I'm sure more heads will roll before this is over but it has nothing to do with the WH
And I'm sure Darrell Issa and Fox News will continue to insinuate President Obama was behind this.

Oh FFS....

Without regard to who started the targeting or why we have seen and heard several top level officials who acknowledged that they were aware that the targeting was going on and did nothing about it. That's unacceptable under any circumstances. If nobody informed the White House that doesn't mean that the White House is guiltless in this. Oversight starts at the top and if the top has opted to insulate itself rather than lead then it becomes nothing more than a pawn of the infrastructure beneath it.

Unless I'm missing something all this guy is saying is that he bumped cases that he didn't want to make a determination on up the line. That's not exactly a revelation. It's what bureaucrats do. The problem came later on when these cases NEVER got resolved and just sat there in limbo for years on end.

This case is an elephant and this transcript is nothing more than an in depth look at the elephant's toe.

I think it's an elephant because a Republican (Elephant), who headed the IRS in Cincinnati, told the truth.

And I'm sure Darrell Issa and Fox News will continue to insinuate President Obama was behind this.

Darrell Issa is really pissed that the testimony from the Congressional hearings was made public. That's the last thing he wanted, because it shows that he lied about what really happened.

Darrell Issa is really pissed that the testimony from the Congressional hearings was made public. That's the last thing he wanted, because it shows that he lied about what really happened.
Once again he tries to nail Obama. The Republicans need to put someone honest in that spot.

Can you specifically support:

1. Darrell Issa is really pissed...
2. 'he lied about what really happened'...

OH hey guys Elijah Cummings says this guy is a Conservative Republican so it must be true! No scandal here folks! The IRS specifically targeting Conservatives and acting like the fascist sledge hammer for the Obama Campaign is perfectly acceptable now because Elijah Cummings said a "conservative republican staffer" did it! The liberal WAPO reported this so it MUST BE TRUE!

Fixed

Why are you defending and excusing fascism with this nonsensical thread? Just curious

And the fact that this program neutralized a significant part of the President's opposition during the 2012 election cycle is merely coincidental.

Explain exactly what was neutralized?

Can you specifically support:

1. Darrell Issa is really pissed...
2. 'he lied about what really happened'...

You been living in a cave? Issa was attempting build a Watergate-like case, and it was full of nothing but conspiracy nuttiness. Here's a good link. You can also look at the transcripts of the hearings themselves, which I included in the OP.

Fixed

Why are you defending and excusing fascism with this nonsensical thread? Just curious

did you read the transcripts? I did. The fact that he is a Republican is supported by his own testimony, under oath. As for the rest of what you posted, that was good enough to put you on my ignore list for trolling. Buh bye.

I completely agree with you. The head of the Cincinatti IRS office should be sacked. And, by the way, the head of the Cincinatti IRS office, who IS a Republican, admitted, under oath, that he was the one who started this. So yea, he is culpable, and his head needs to roll.

Chalk this up to incompetence, not politics.
Is the motive really that important? Anyone who knew about it and allowed it to continue, should be sacked.

Back
Top Bottom