• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IRS Sent 23,994 Refund Checks to ‘Unauthorized’ Aliens at Same Address in Atlanta

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
IRS Sent 23,994 Refund Checks to ‘Unauthorized’ Aliens at Same Address in Atlanta – Sent 8,393 Refund Checks to Same Bank Account

by Jim Hoft
June 22, 2013

The IRS sent 23,994 refund checks totaling $46,378,040 to “unauthorized” alien workers at the same address in Atlanta.

Maybe rather than targeting “Tea Party” activists they should have been targeting homes that collect more than twenty refund checks!
But, no.
CNS News reported, via Bizpac Review:

The Internal Revenue Service sent 23,994 tax refunds worth a combined $46,378,040 to “unauthorized” alien workers who all used the same address in Atlanta, Ga., in 2011, according to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA).​

[Excerpt]

Read more:
IRS Sent 23,994 Refund Checks to ‘Unauthorized’ Aliens at Same Address in Atlanta – Sent 8,393 Refund Checks to Same Bank Account | The Gateway Pundit

Of course the excuse by the Oval Office and Obama's appointees will be it was the lower level employees who committed these acts. Really? Then there's the persecution of conservative and religious groups. But of course Progressives find no connection here of course.

Why should this year be any different than last year? As long as a TIIN number is allowed for a tax return, and illegals don't need to prove how many children they have like we do with a SSN, then these abuses will continue.

This is a known problem.

Our gov't may be big, and it may be slow, but it sure is expensive. ;)

Our gov't may be big, and it may be slow, but it sure is expensive. ;)

I wonder if Obama and his cronies will be blaming this again on low level employees like they did with the persecution of religious and conservative groups. Will Shulman, Sarah Hall Ingram and Miller give testimony on this incident too? Hmm... I wonder where all those checks ended up?

I wonder if Obama and his cronies will be blaming this again on low level employees like they did with the persecution of religious and conservative groups. Will Shulman, Sarah Hall Ingram and Miller give testimony on this incident too? Hmm... I wonder where all those checks ended up?

You did not read the click through article did you? It documents that these type problems have been around since the 1990's...

I know, reading is hard, but you could give it a try.

You did not read the click through article did you? It documents that these type problems have been around since the 1990's...

Madam, I suggest that you draw in your horns. The moderators are watching closely.

Madam, I suggest that you draw in your horns. The moderators are watching closely.

Well, that is one way to avoid the point. How is it "Obama and his cronies", when it has been going on since at least the 90's? And how do you stop errors happening in an organization that handles hundreds of millions of documents each year? In this case, they found the error, which is kinda what we want oversight to do.

It isn't hard to defraud the IRS. You can do it with no equipment. Just file fake returns or certainly tell big, fat lies on your own return. There's a reasonable chance they won't catch you. It's an imperfect system - an ancient c9omputer system with software that thousands of programmers wrote and modified over decades. There are constant changes to tax codes from legislation and rulings. Thousands more programmers at work.

My son's job for a while was to unscramble some program that was written to track real estate owned by one utility. It was an enormous task that will never be completed. Now, multiply that by about a million, and you have one murky situation. They'll never catch up.

So lots of people do defraud the IRS. Some they catch and they go to prison. Some they don't catch. Some take years to catch. Just like every other crime. Even murders go unsolved half the time.

I see you start a dozen anti-Obama threads a day. What is your point? All these things are discussable but I'm reasonably sure that everything that happens everywhere does not have the personal involvement from Obama. We all get that you hate Obama. Hell, I hate him most of the time. But this borders on fixation. Bad things happen all the time. It's humans.

Well, that is one way to avoid the point. How is it "Obama and his cronies", when it has been going on since at least the 90's? And how do you stop errors happening in an organization that handles hundreds of millions of documents each year? In this case, they found the error, which is kinda what we want oversight to do.

Can you prove that statement you made about these criminal actions have been taking place since the Clinton Era?

Can you prove that statement you made about these criminal actions have been taking place since the Clinton Era?

Didn't you read your source, and their source?

If you would care to curtail your love of big brother you could ascertain the IRS is not only inept but criminal in some instances.

:allhail

Didn't you read your source, and their source?

Of course I read it. Since you are always cribbing about fact, I thought maybe you'd come up with something to blame Bush with rather than Clinton. I maintain that there are IRS union thugs that are benefiting from all this. But I can't prove it.

Of course I read it. Since you are always cribbing about fact, I thought maybe you'd come up with something to blame Bush with rather than Clinton. I maintain that there are IRS union thugs that are benefiting from all this. But I can't prove it.

Since you apparently did not read your source, and are just making up random **** about Bush and Clinton, neither of whom I mentioned...

IRS Sent $46,378,040 in Refunds to 23,994

For example, the Treasury Inspector General’s Semiannual Report to Congress published on Oct. 29, 1999—nearly fourteen years ago—specifically drew attention to this problemFor example, the Treasury Inspector General’s Semiannual Report to Congress

Since you apparently did not read your source, and are just making up random **** about Bush and Clinton, neither of whom I mentioned...

IRS Sent $46,378,040 in Refunds to 23,994

OMG, you mean that Clinton was using the IRS just like Obama is using it today... Are you sure your a Progressive? So this isn't the first of millions that disappeared into DNC coffers.

OMG, you mean that Clinton was using the IRS just like Obama is using it today... Are you sure your a Progressive? So this isn't the first of millions that disappeared into DNC coffers.

You are funny. What it means is that fraud issues are long standing. There is no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of any administration in regards to the fraud. I am a liberal, not a progressive as I have explained to you before.

Back
Top Bottom