• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IRS on the chopping block on first day of legislative work under Speaker McCarthy

IRS on the chopping block on first day of legislative work under Speaker McCarthy

What does that really mean? Do they want to do away with the IRS and quit collecting taxes? Well, hardly:

That is 70 billion out of the 80 billion in new funding awarded last year. What was that extra funding for?

So, they want to cut back the money earmarked for preventing tax evasion. They must be in favor of more tax evasion, then.
I hear to seal the deal, they are talking about a tax cut for the super wealthy and corporate america.

You 'people' still keep talking about the increased IRS force as if you believe they will be targeting the wealthy. The wealthy have accountants that follow the tax codes and utilize all the loopholes the fed has given them...that the fed isnt changing.

No...the IRS is increasing its staff to spy on YOU. They are tracking your yard sales, your online sales, any transaction over 600$. they are spreading their nets to anyone that owns a small business with transactions of as little as 10,000$ in a single year. The stated goal is to eliminate paper currency and track every dollar spent.
Do you believe every single person, whether they make $15k or $15B, should pay every single penny they are legally required to pay in taxes? If not, why?

Do you believe every single person, whether they make $15k or $15B, should pay every single penny they are legally required to pay in taxes? If not, why?
Sure...like I said...idiot leftists should stop deluding themselves that the army of IRS agents are going after 'the rich'.

Reactions: PoS
Sure...like I said...idiot leftists should stop deluding themselves that the army of IRS agents are going after 'the rich'.
who is saying this?

You 'people' still keep talking about the increased IRS force as if you believe they will be targeting the wealthy. The wealthy have accountants that follow the tax codes and utilize all the loopholes the fed has given them...that the fed isnt changing.

No...the IRS is increasing its staff to spy on YOU. They are tracking your yard sales, your online sales, any transaction over 600$. they are spreading their nets to anyone that owns a small business with transactions of as little as 10,000$ in a single year. The stated goal is to eliminate paper currency and track every dollar spent.
You 'people' like to make shit up. The IRS is running computer systems that are archaic. tRump has shown the very rich can hide millions in taxable income by outright fraud. The wealthy have accountants who engage in very shady practices that go undetected because the most the computer screening does is make sure the math is right and any reported income such as bank interest is included.

I know the MAGA/Rabid Right are all butthurt because the IRS released tRump's tax records (they didn't audit him in his first year like they should have)

But bottom line is just like the meaningless votes to defund the ACA, this is just empty posturing for the MAGA mouth breathers... ✌️

What does that really mean? Do they want to do away with the IRS and quit collecting taxes? Well, hardly:

That is 70 billion out of the 80 billion in new funding awarded last year. What was that extra funding for?

So, they want to cut back the money earmarked for preventing tax evasion. They must be in favor of more tax evasion, then.
So, the party that is supposedly all for the rule of law punts when it comes to collecting taxes owed by deadbeats...

Or helping the middle class and cutting bloat.

"The last thing the American people need right now are more audits from an out-of-control, bloated IRS,"

"Our bill leaves in place funding for customer service and IT improvements because IRS is in desperate need of reform, but it protects middle-class families from audits they cannot afford,"

More importantly, didnt McCarthy already violate his promise to give people time to read bills? Its moot anyway, the Senate wont pass this.

More tax evasion only for the wealthy, which should not be a surprise. Both ruling parties are owned and controlled by BIG MONEY. Now that the fascists have the majority in the House we should expect even more favoritism for big money including wealthy people and corporations.

Since it will die in the Senate, not much needs to be said.

I'll take that as a no.
A "no" to what? I made no assertions; I merely asked you to explain yours. It's not my job to make your argument for you. Just accept that you can't back it up and move on.

A "no" to what? I made no assertions; I merely asked you to explain yours. It's not my job to make your argument for you. Just accept that you can't back it up and move on.
The answer should be obvious, a "no" to the question, "Do you have something/anything?", I asked of you.
No one here seems to have any interest in trying to seek solutions to any governing issue.

The answer should be obvious, a "no" to the question, "Do you have something/anything?", I asked of you.
No one here seems to have any interest in trying to seek solutions to any governing issue.
sure

All for show, there is little evidence this effort will pass the Senate let alone ever make it to Biden's desk.

But we can expect more of this as Republicans inch their way closer to defaulting.

Shut up... you have no idea about what you try to type.
You can't squeeze blood from a stone, but people who earn enough income might have to pay more in taxes, and so the GQP will cry foul.

All for show, there is little evidence this effort will pass the Senate let alone ever make it to Biden's desk.

But we can expect more of this as Republicans inch their way closer to defaulting.

How do you inch closer to something that doesnt exist?

Nothing they do relates to what America needs and everything to do with holding power.

Donalds was on TV last night talking about how great privatized Social Security would be and then said he opposes it. This makes no sense unless you understand that they see power in attacking the government program, but no power in changing it.

Explain to us how defaulting on debt does not exist.

Easy, the govt takes in more than enough revenue to pay interest, and exchange treasuries. Defaulting on debt would be a choice by the treasury and govt to fund lots of dumb things before debt. Like if you bought some sneakers instead of paying the credit card minimum.

Easy, the govt takes in more than enough revenue to pay interest, and exchange treasuries. Defaulting on debt would be a choice by the treasury and govt to fund lots of dumb things before debt. Like if you bought some sneakers instead of paying the credit card minimum.

We are talking about two different things, I am talking about Republican intention to weaponize the debt limit.

Back
Top Bottom