• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IRS Investigator A Republican Operative! Only Reported By Politico. [W:47]

head of joaquin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The biggest story about the phony GOP investigation into wrong-doing is not being reported on: namely that Russell George, the author of the "report" that claimed the IRS targeted Tea party groups (and which failed to mention the targeting of progressive groups) is a Bush appointee and conservative Republican.

This is the second conservative Republican who was inside the IRS operation. Worse, Issa had significant contacts with George during the so-called investigation, apparently urging him to conceal the full story (that progressive groups were targeted) and that the Cincinnati group included conservative republican operatives.

Yet the only news outlet to even mention George's GOP ties is Politico. This needs to be fully investigated and reported on.

IRS watchdog J. Russell George finds himself under scrutiny - Kelsey Snell and Lauren French and Rachael Bade - POLITICO.com

George donated to Republican candidates several times before being appointed inspector general by Bush in 2004. He started his career in Washington as an unpaid intern for Sen. Bob Dole and later worked in the George H.W. Bush White House.

Re: IRS Investigator A Republican Operative! Only Reported By Politico.

The biggest story about the phony GOP investigation into wrong-doing is not being reported on: namely that Russell George, the author of the "report" that claimed the IRS targeted Tea party groups (and which failed to mention the targeting of progressive groups) is a Bush appointee and conservative Republican.

This is the second conservative Republican who was inside the IRS operation. Worse, Issa had significant contacts with George during the so-called investigation, apparently urging him to conceal the full story (that progressive groups were targeted) and that the Cincinnati group included conservative republican operatives.

Yet the only news outlet to even mention George's GOP ties is Politico. This needs to be fully investigated and reported on.

IRS watchdog J. Russell George finds himself under scrutiny - Kelsey Snell and Lauren French and Rachael Bade - POLITICO.com

Say false flag. Go ahead. Say it.

Republicans — including House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp — are now arguing that while progressive groups might have been placed on the “be on the lookout” list, that’s not as severe as what conservative groups endured. Some conservative groups have said they were asked to reveal information about their members and donors and the books they read.

Liberal groups were approved in the run up to the 2012 election. Only 4 Conservative groups were approved in 2 years in 2010 to 2012. This is a smokescreen--the liberal groups were not sent up to a determination unit in DC, they were not subjected to personal scrutiny, they were actually APPROVED more than one every 6 months.

If you can't even get Daily KOS or moveon.org to come up with these fantasies, I'm not likely to believe some new site that HoJ linked.

If you can't even get Daily KOS or moveon.org to come up with these fantasies, I'm not likely to believe some new site that HoJ linked.

Translated: you can't rebut the facts.

I thought so.

Is it your claim that George isn't a conservative republican appointed by Bush?

I love conservative fantasy responses.

There are no facts. This should be in "conspiracy theories".

Liberal groups were approved in the run up to the 2012 election. Only 4 Conservative groups were approved in 2 years in 2010 to 2012. This is a smokescreen--the liberal groups were not sent up to a determination unit in DC, they were not subjected to personal scrutiny, they were actually APPROVED more than one every 6 months.

"Quick, change the subject, they're on to us"

Russell George conservative Republican, appointed by Bush, contacted by Issa, carried out the "investigation" and withheld information about targeting of progressive groups.

Connect the dots!

You simply don't understand that all Republicans are the spawn of Satan and serve only the dark lords who wish to oppress the masses.

Guess Im going to have to put the Nate Silver link on favorites. Timelines are important. There was a glut of approvals after the IRS came under scrutiny itself and the election was over.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytime...groups-following-congressional-scrutiny/?_r=0

View attachment 67149485
There are some posters that read a response and compute how it relates to their own previous comment.....then we have this.

You said "Only 4 Conservative groups were approved in 2 years in 2010 to 2012."

I said, "no you are wrong" and linked to a post showing you why you are wrong.

You then respond......with your own link....to an article.....that further shows that more than 4 Conservative groups were approved 2010 to 2012.

Just today I pointed out that you just refuse to think through your responses to me.....and then you prove me correct AGAIN.

Why do you do this to yourself?

This does not surprise me. From the very beginning I thought it was a republican plot to create a scandal.

And the man who is ultimate accountable for the IRS targeting conservative groups, is a Liberal Democrat. Wow, that raises a flag. This needs to be fully investigated and reported on.

You simply don't understand that all Republicans are the spawn of Satan and serve only the dark lords who wish to oppress the masses.

Let's play pretend. If a Democratic investigator appointed by a Democratic president in contact with a Democratic house member, came up with an investigation that blamed the GOP for improper IRS action, you'd be drooling over it and claiming it was all a setup.

And the man who is ultimate accountable for the IRS targeting conservative groups, is a Liberal Democrat. Wow, that raises a flag. This needs to be fully investigated and reported on.

Yeah, I wish he had done the investigation. It would have been done right. Instead a GOP operative in cahoots with Issa has produced an already discredited report, that he now has to explain away. "Uh, well, I didn't mention the progressives being targeted because .. . er .... "

This does not surprise me. From the very beginning I thought it was a republican plot to create a scandal.

Indeed this is the real scandal. Apparently George and Issa worked on this thing together.

IRS Inspector General, Darrell Issa Communicated Multiple Times In 2012

J. Russell George, a Treasury Department inspector general, testified Tuesday to the Senate Finance Committee that his department was in touch with Issa's office several times in 2012 and this year regarding its IRS investigation.

There are some posters that read a response and compute how it relates to their own previous comment.....then we have this.

You said "Only 4 Conservative groups were approved in 2 years in 2010 to 2012."

I said, "no you are wrong" and linked to a post showing you why you are wrong.

You then respond......with your own link....to an article.....that further shows that more than 4 Conservative groups were approved 2010 to 2012.

Just today I pointed out that you just refuse to think through your responses to me.....and then you prove me correct AGAIN.

Why do you do this to yourself?

Bless your heart.

According to the I.R.S. records, 54 organizations were granted 501(c)(4) status since 2010 with “Tea Party,” “patriot” or “9/12″ in their names. Five of those groups were approved in the first three months of 2010. Approvals then slowed considerably, I.R.S. data shows.

The Indiana Armstrong Patriots was the only Tea Party organization approved during all of 2011, and it was one of just four groups with “Tea Party,” “patriot” or “9/12″ in their names that were approved from April 2010 through April 2012.

I'm sure you did.

And he was right. It's now come out that George, a conservative Republican appointed by Bush colluded with Issa on this fake scandal all along, and even submitted a false report.

I think there may be criminal charges brought in this case, as Boehner predicted, but they may be against George and Issa.

According to the I.R.S. . .

You mean according to GOP operative George in collusion with Issa in a discredited report.

It looks like this house of cards is falling and George and his report needs to be investigated. It appears to be a product of collusion with Issa.

Bless your heart.
Your argument now....is that "conservative group" is strictly defined by baggers and Beckers?...while you bring more articles further undercutting your original claim?

You continue to really think this through.

Your argument now....is that "conservative group" is strictly defined by baggers and Beckers?...while you bring more articles further undercutting your original claim?

You continue to really think this through.

Those targeted by the naming process. Its always been about those specific groups.

“It’s true that he was appointed by a Republican, but he has always been extremely even-handed — he has made a point to be,” said one government official who asked to remain anonymous.

that’s not as severe as what conservative groups endured

It's kind of funny. You have to actually try hard to be hyper-partisan to take a Democratic side to this.

Maybe you should join 66gardeners in the conspiracy theory club for this subject.

You mean according to GOP operative George in collusion with Issa in a discredited report.

It looks like this house of cards is falling and George and his report needs to be investigated. It appears to be a product of collusion with Issa.

Give George immunity from prosecution so he can testify against Issa. I Can'tor wait for Boner on that one.

Give George immunity from prosecution so he can testify against Issa. I Can'tor wait for Boner on that one.

Excellent idea. It's time the Democrats play some hardball with these freakish tea partiers, especially in light of Issa's criminal background.

Those targeted by the naming process. Its always been about those specific groups.

I'd say it's about the progressive groups that George, colluding with Issa, left out of the original report, and is now bumbling around trying to explain why.

Back
Top Bottom