• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IRS Investigation Focused On Tea Party Group Subsection, Not Tea Party Groups Themsel

head of joaquin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/01/irs-investigation_n_3529642.html

"The fact is that the BOLO lists also included the term 'progressive' and listed 'political activities' as the reason for screening those organizations through the BOLO," said Josh Drobnyk, a spokesman for Levin. "Yet TIGTA’s audit makes no mention of this fact, nor did it review when and why 'progressive' was added to the BOLO and what happened to 'progressive' cases that were flagged."

It appears Russell George, the Bush appointee and conservative Republican behind the so-called investigation of the IRS "targeting" has been caught in a lie.

Re: IRS Investigation Focused On Tea Party Group Subsection, Not Tea Party Groups The

I think I would like to never hear the word "targeted" again.

Re: IRS Investigation Focused On Tea Party Group Subsection, Not Tea Party Groups The

I think I would like to never hear the word "targeted" again.

Well, I wouldn't mind an investigation that targeted Issa and George to see what information they colluded to conceal in making George's report. But otherwise, I agree.

Well, I wouldn't mind an investigation that targeted Issa and George to see what information they colluded to conceal in making George's report. But otherwise, I agree.

Nope. Pick a different word. That one is off limits.

The Left reaks with the stench of fear and desperation.

Reality #1: The IRS has already admitted to wrong doing.

The Left reaks with the stench of fear and desperation.

Reality #1: The IRS has already admitted to wrong doing.

Based on George's now discredited "report". So now the question is what was Issa's role in preparing that dishonest report?

Based on George's now discredited "report". So now the question is what was Issa's role in preparing that dishonest report?

Not only has the IRS admitted to wrong doing, they now are taking the 5th to not incriminate themselves for criminal charges, but all that doesn't matter to lefties. I would think you would be more focused on the lies, deception, targeting of conservative groups by the IRS. Oooops the words "targeting of conservatives" that's all OK by you lefties.

Not only has the IRS admitted to wrong doing, they now are taking the 5th to not incriminate themselves for criminal charges, but all that doesn't matter to lefties. I would think you would be more focused on the lies, deception, targeting of conservative groups by the IRS. Oooops the words "targeting of conservatives" that's all OK by you lefties.

Wise to take the fifth with Issa, the lead conspirator with George, at the head of the investigation. I expect he'll be taking the fifth none too soon when he's investigated for obstruction of justice.

Remember what happened to Cheney's crony Libby. It's going in that direction, especially given Issa's criminal past.

The IG report is still undisputable.

Oh snap!

Back
Top Bottom