• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IRS Agents ‘Accidentally’ Discharged Guns 11 Times, Possible Injuries

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Elizabeth Harrington
June 19, 2013

IRS Agents ‘Accidentally’ Discharged Guns 11 Times, Possible Injuries (CNSNews.com) – Special agents at the IRS accidentally shot their firearms 11 times between 2009 and 2011, and at least three of the cases “may have resulted in property damage or personal injury.” Agents actually fired their guns accidently more often than they intentionally fired them in the field, according to an audit by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA). The report also found that the agency, which is now training with AR-15s, does not always provide remedial training to agents who fired their weapons due to “negligence.” The...

[Excerpt]

Read More:
IRS Agents

Not only are they incompetent to do their jobs, now they are allowed to carry weapons they don't know how to handle.

By Elizabeth Harrington
June 19, 2013

IRS Agents ‘Accidentally’ Discharged Guns 11 Times, Possible Injuries (CNSNews.com) – Special agents at the IRS accidentally shot their firearms 11 times between 2009 and 2011, and at least three of the cases “may have resulted in property damage or personal injury.” Agents actually fired their guns accidently more often than they intentionally fired them in the field, according to an audit by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA). The report also found that the agency, which is now training with AR-15s, does not always provide remedial training to agents who fired their weapons due to “negligence.” The...

[Excerpt]

Read More:
IRS Agents

Not only are they incompetent to do their jobs, now they are allowed to carry weapons they don't know how to handle.

" at least three of the cases “may have resulted in property damage or personal injury.”
Let's be fair here, at least three of the cases may not have resulted in property damage or personal injury.

Last edited:
The kicker on this is that while there were 11 accidental discharges there were only 8 intentional ones during the same period.

Prime example of issuing weapons to those who don't know the dangers and don't know how to use them. Training at least should have come first.

By Elizabeth Harrington
June 19, 2013

[Excerpt]

Read More:
IRS Agents

Sorry sorry sorry - I'm still trying to figure out why IRS needs handguns at work.

By Elizabeth Harrington
June 19, 2013

[Excerpt]

Read More:
IRS Agents

I have personally witnessed IRS agents preparing to go on raids with ATF. The agents were giddy at the prospects and obviously weren't all that well trained in handling fire arms. I wouldn't have wanted to be around them in the field. Not surprised at all that there were so many AD's. I'm surprised they haven't shot each other yet.

Sorry sorry sorry - I'm still trying to figure out why IRS needs handguns at work.
Auntie, they get to go out with other agencies on raids to confiscate property. They love it. Plus, they get to act like they're "special agents". And they are special all right.

I am not sure why IRS needs armed "field agents" either, unless they do not bother to get court orders, enforcable by other fedral LEOs, to confiscate assets or whatever it is that they need to use an armed force to do.

An AR-15 is not a handgun. In fact, handgun was never mentioned in the story at all, simply used in the picture posted with it. The main problem seems to be training, as the article stated that even those "field agents" without or who had failed at training were still issued arms.

Don't tell that to the gun nuts.

This has nothing to do with the 2A, since the 2A does not have the gov't issue guns/ammo to citizens or pay them to carry guns.

This has nothing to do with the 2A, since the 2A does not have the gov't issue guns/ammo to citizens or pay them to carry guns.

See what i mean, the requirement to train a person to use a deadly weapon is repulsive to those people. These are the same people who think handing a gun unsupervised to a 5 year old is a great idea. When you wonder why stuff like this happens you can easily find the source of the breakdown.

Auntie, they get to go out with other agencies on raids to confiscate property. They love it. Plus, they get to act like they're "special agents". And they are special all right.

Hehe

Reminds me of 'The Other Guys' - Give him a wooden gun. . . maybe the bad guys will polish it up real nice.

They should do what the military does - take MP's or the Police with them who are well trained and have to answer to their own authority if they discharge. (Ok - Police - scratch the MP's - they're not military. lol)

Post office has armed agents. How many AD's did they have?

I am not sure why IRS needs armed "field agents" either, unless they do not bother to get court orders, enforcable by other fedral LEOs, to confiscate assets or whatever it is that they need to use an armed force to do.

An AR-15 is not a handgun. In fact, handgun was never mentioned in the story at all, simply used in the picture posted with it. The main problem seems to be training, as the article stated that even those "field agents" without or who had failed at training were still issued arms.

LOL - you're right - they do have AR-15's . . . holy ****. What hte **** for.

Maybe if they gave them just some simple HANDGUNS this problem would happen. My God.

The article stated they are now training with ar-15s, but nothing indicates that they have ever actually used them in a field capacity.

I guess I could google this but...doesnt the IRS go on raids on stills in the backwoods etc?

Should they, as citizens, not be allowed to carry while they are working?

That is an entirely different issue, but I see no reason that they should lose constituional rights by virtue of their employment - unless they are working inside a secured facility that bans carrying guns by all persons.

See what i mean, the requirement to train a person to use a deadly weapon is repulsive to those people. These are the same people who think handing a gun unsupervised to a 5 year old is a great idea. When you wonder why stuff like this happens you can easily find the source of the breakdown.

Training in gun safety is not "repulsive to those people", in fact many would welcome it as an addition to their free public education. I doubt that you will find any that advocate handing firearms to unsupervised 5 year olds but feel free to spew BS to degrade federal employees if you must.

I guess I could google this but...doesnt the IRS go on raids on stills in the backwoods etc?
Yes. They accompany ATF, DEA, and pretty much any domestic agency where tax issues and confiscation might be involved.

Well let's hope they don't accidentally discharge and hard a civilian while they're going about such business, eh?

Maybe its because of the criminality and over reach they continue to perpetrate. There is no justification for IRS employees to carry weapons. Isn't that the job of the FBI?

Another IRS Official Pleads the Fifth

by Wynton Hall
26 Jun 2013

Internal Revenue Service (IRS) contracting official Greg Roseman invoked his Fifth Amendment rights to remain silent on Wednesday. A House Oversight Committee report released yesterday alleged he helped funnel almost $500 million in contracts to his friend, Braulio Castillo, the chief executive of Strong Castle/Signet Computers.

“By inappropriately using a personal relationship and abusing a provision designed to help disadvantaged businesses, the IRS and Strong Castle have made a mockery of fair and open competition for government contracts,” said House Oversight Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA). “Taxpayers deserve accountability and the Committee is troubled by this unacceptable behavior.”

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Another IRS Official Pleads the Fifth

I guess there must be a lot of IRS agents criminally bent.

Back
Top Bottom