• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IRS agent: Tax agency is still targeting Tea Party groups

trfjr

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
In a remarkable admission that is likely to rock the Internal Revenue Service again, testimony released Thursday by House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp reveals that an agent involved in reviewing tax exempt applications from conservative groups told a committee investigator that the agency is still targeting Tea Party groups, three months after the IRS scandal erupted.

In closed door testimony before the House Ways & Means Committee, the unidentified IRS agent said requests for special tax status from Tea Party groups is being forced into a special "secondary screening" because the agency has yet to come up with new guidance on how to judge the tax status of the groups.

IRS agent: Tax agency is still targeting Tea Party groups | WashingtonExaminer.com

Hey, why not? The Obama administration has learned that no crime, no bad policy, no corrupt deal or appointment, will have any consequences. Look, he owns the Justice Department and has the Senate. He could indulge in murder on the front lawn of the Whitehouse and get away with it by granting himself a blanket pardon. And the lame stream media would lay the blame on who he murdered. Deal with the fact that he is using us like the idiots we are for electing him and his minions.

Or without the spin the IRS still investigates applications for tax free status it is supposed to investigate. You are aware they are supposed to actually check on these things, right? It is sort of the purpose for filling out the application.

Or without the spin the IRS still investigates applications for tax free status it is supposed to investigate. You are aware they are supposed to actually check on these things, right? It is sort of the purpose for filling out the application.
No application is required.

No application is required.

Yes, I know. However, they still apply which means that the IRS should be investigating them for the purposes of approving their application. If they just want to file under the status and obey the law they could certainly do that which is why this whole IRS thing is a big gigantic sham.

Yes, I know. However, they still apply which means that the IRS should be investigating them for the purposes of approving their application. If they just want to file under the status and obey the law they could certainly do that which is why this whole IRS thing is a big gigantic sham.
Obama said it was outrageous. Maybe he was wrong.

Obama said it was outrageous. Maybe he was wrong.

They are doing their job. That is not outrageous, that is what happens when you apply for special status with the IRS. Since none of them were ever denied status, nor was their business ever impeded by a voluntary unnecessary application, and it even looks like every one of their applications was forwarded to a guy to rubber stamp approved on them there doesn't seem to be much of a problem with it. Are you telling us that because Obama says something it must be true?

He said it was outrageous if only one political affiliation faced extra scrutiny. It's come out that's not the case.
Oh absolutely. The IRS targeted from 2 to 6 liberal groups depending on who does the listing, compared to hundreds on the right. The IRS admitted it targeted the right-leaning groups.

They are doing their job. That is not outrageous, that is what happens when you apply for special status with the IRS. Since none of them were ever denied status, nor was their business ever impeded by a voluntary unnecessary application, and it even looks like every one of their applications was forwarded to a guy to rubber stamp approved on them there doesn't seem to be much of a problem with it. Are you telling us that because Obama says something it must be true?
I was not addressing "us". I was addressing "you". The IRS already admitted targeting conservative groups. I'm afraid you will have to live with that admission, whether you like it or not.

Oh absolutely. The IRS targeted from 2 to 6 liberal groups depending on who does the listing, compared to hundreds on the right. The IRS admitted it targeted the right-leaning groups.

By "targeted" you mean they had to fill out additional paperwork because the scumbags (and I include Liberal groups trying to get that designation) wanted to take advantage of a loophole. I'd point out...only a couple of groups were denied the status and they were liberal/progressive groups. The BOLO list that included partisan catch phrases was the shortcut used by agents on who they should apply scrutiny to and it included phrases you'd find in any political group across the specturm.

I'm not sure why conservatives are still pushing this story. It's completely fallen apart. If anything the scandal here is Issa and congressional Republicans using their positions not to provide oversight and get to the truth of the matter but to use one of their main functions as some political tool.

By "targeted" you mean they had to fill out additional paperwork because the scumbags (and I include Liberal groups trying to get that designation) wanted to take advantage of a loophole. I'd point out...only a couple of groups were denied the status and they were liberal/progressive groups. The BOLO list that included partisan catch phrases was the shortcut used by agents on who they should apply scrutiny to and it included phrases you'd find in any political group across the specturm.

I'm not sure why conservatives are still pushing this story. It's completely fallen apart. If anything the scandal here is Issa and congressional Republicans using their positions not to provide oversight and get to the truth of the matter but to use one of their main functions as some political tool.
Targeted is the word the IRS used. I'm just repeating their characterization. It appears that the administration was using the IRS for political ends. Who in the administration authorized this seems to travel right into the WH in the form of Counsel. I'm not certain why the political left believes they'll be able to avoid the obvious political connections. They will not be able to.

Targeted is the word the IRS used. I'm just repeating their characterization. It appears that the administration was using the IRS for political ends. Who in the administration authorized this seems to travel right into the WH in the form of Counsel. I'm not certain why the political left believes they'll be able to avoid the obvious political connections. They will not be able to.

Wow...so the fact that more and more information is proving there wasn't even targeting (I'll use that word but I think it's a loaded term) with a partisan agenda but you still believe there's some connection to the White House which there has been no indication of at all?

Wow...so the fact that more and more information is proving there wasn't even targeting (I'll use that word but I think it's a loaded term) with a partisan agenda but you still believe there's some connection to the White House which there has been no indication of at all?
Yeah. I'm a real nut. Carter Hull indicated he received instructions from his boss in the WH. He's a nut too, apparently. In fact, that some have pleaded the 5th amendment really just proves that nothing whatever occurred that anybody need worry about at all. These people are all nutty as fruitcakes. And the IRS admission of targeting of conservative groups was just their pitiful attempt to start a phoney scandal to detract from yet another phoney scandal. It gets complicated. Nuts, though, every single one of 'em.

Yeah. I'm a real nut. Carter Hull indicated he received instructions from his boss in the WH. He's a nut too, apparently. In fact, that some have pleaded the 5th amendment really just proves that nothing whatever occurred that anybody need worry about at all. These people are all nutty as fruitcakes. And the IRS admission of targeting of conservative groups was just their pitiful attempt to start a phoney scandal to detract from yet another phoney scandal. It gets complicated. Nuts, though, every single one of 'em.

:agree: It is axiomatic that when there is great manipulation of anything, it can work, but only temporarily. It's like pressure building up in a pressure cooker. When the lid finally blows, the surge in the opposite direction will be greater than ever. Too many people are starting to cover their own behinds on a variety of scandals, and I wonder how great the shock to the American people will be when all the truth is finally known. :eek:

We'll see I guess how this vast conspiracy to make conservative groups fill out additional forms ends up.

:agree: It is axiomatic that when there is great manipulation of anything, it can work, but only temporarily. It's like pressure building up in a pressure cooker. When the lid finally blows, the surge in the opposite direction will be greater than ever. Too many people are starting to cover their own behinds on a variety of scandals, and I wonder how great the shock to the American people will be when all the truth is finally known. :eek:
You're absolutely correct. We certainly see it with Benghazi. As time goes on, it's impossible for everyone involved = because there are so many - to buy into and maintain the politically dictated position. The naked and unvarnished truth eventually will surface because not everyone involved has anything personal to gain maintaining the political line of the moment, and the more honorable have a lot to lose.

We'll see I guess how this vast conspiracy to make conservative groups fill out additional forms ends up.
Again, the application process is not required. It is wise to pursue it none the less.

I was not addressing "us". I was addressing "you". The IRS already admitted targeting conservative groups. I'm afraid you will have to live with that admission, whether you like it or not.

And lets not forget, an agent within the IRS just confirmed that the IRS is STILL targeting CONSERVATIVE GROUPS

The people defending this fascism are trying to derail this thread with lies. I'm ashamed to call you fellow Americans. You certainly don't represent the country as it was founded. This is not Republican or Democrat. This is an abuse of power and people need to be held accountable.

These crooked agents have already found out that there's nothing to fear, so why not?

Back
Top Bottom