• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Irony to the nth degree.

Threegoofs

Sophisticated man-about-town
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
The city Fox News viewers are afraid to travel to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
From Dave Weigel:

Senate Hearing on Gun Laws Postponed Due to Navy Yard Shooting

By David Weigel

|
Tomorrow at 10, the Senate Judiciary Committee was supposed to hold a hearing on "Stand Your Ground" laws featuring testimony from Trayvon Martin's mother, John "More Guns Less Crime" Lott, and a trio of congressman that, for maximum cable TV potential, included Rep. Louie Gohmert. But shortly after 6 p.m., on a day when the Senate was on a security lock-down due to the Navy Yard shooting, Sen. Dick Durbin's office (and the office of would-be panelist Rep. Luis Gutierrez) announced that the hearing would be rescheduled.

That's right. The hearing inspired by one shooting has been bumped because of another shooting.

From Dave Weigel:

By David Weigel

|
Tomorrow at 10, the Senate Judiciary Committee was supposed to hold a hearing on "Stand Your Ground" laws featuring testimony from Trayvon Martin's mother, John "More Guns Less Crime" Lott, and a trio of congressman that, for maximum cable TV potential, included Rep. Louie Gohmert. But shortly after 6 p.m., on a day when the Senate was on a security lock-down due to the Navy Yard shooting, Sen. Dick Durbin's office (and the office of would-be panelist Rep. Luis Gutierrez) announced that the hearing would be rescheduled.

That's right. The hearing inspired by one shooting has been bumped because of another shooting.

Your point is, I'm assuming, that there are a lot of shootings that have been glorified by the media lately...?

We can agree on that.

What does this, or any other shooting, have to do with gun laws?

I'm guessing the OP's desire is to strike at our liberties while the emotion is hot.

What does this, or any other shooting, have to do with gun laws?

Clearly nothing. I dont really know much about the shooting today - havent read about it.

But I'm absolutely sure it has nothing to do with guns, gun laws, or gun availability. If anything it has to do with the fact that not enough guns were available.

And that goes for the next shooting too. I mean, you cant stop shooting with a law! Thats like saying you can stop bank robberies with laws! Silly!

Clearly nothing. I dont really know much about the shooting today - havent read about it.

But I'm absolutely sure it has nothing to do with guns, gun laws, or gun availability. If anything it has to do with the fact that not enough guns were available.

And that goes for the next shooting too. I mean, you cant stop shooting with a law! Thats like saying you can stop bank robberies with laws! Silly!

You are so determined to attack the symptom and not the source. Violence will occur, regardless of the instrument chosen. We must address the source and stop with this nonsense about destroying liberty.

I wonder how the cops stopped this guy from killing more than 12 innocents...

Well, one thing we certainly do know is that today's shooting involved a criminal.

Hmm......just thinking here.....maybe we should do something about criminals!

From Dave Weigel:

By David Weigel

|

Imagine declaring a Navy Shipyard a no-guns-allowed area and then having a bad guy shoot and kill 11 people. Who knew?

When you can stop all crimes with laws, get back to us.

We will be waiting with bells on.....

If only private didn't have guns......................I mean, the worst mass killings in U.S. history involved jet planes, fertilizer, cyanide(Jim Jones(American)), gasoline, and TNT, but if only we didn't have guns. :roll:

They quoted statutes until he passed out?

DEATH BY KUM BA YUH!!

its the next torture after the Cushy Pillows and the Comfy Chair

Back
Top Bottom