• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ireland: Rachel Corrie won't dock at Ashdod

Apocalypse

DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Ireland: Rachel Corrie won't dock at Ashdod

Dublin says reached deal with Israel by which aid ship would dock at Ashdod, but crew refused

Ynet
Published: 06.04.10, 22:08 / Israel News

The Irish Department of Foreign Affairs announced Friday that it had reached an agreement with the Israeli government on the 'Rachel Corrie', by which it would dock at Ashdod and submit the aid it was carrying to inspection, but that the ship's crew had refused.

The Irish Department of Foreign Affairs said in a statement it believed this would be the best way to convey humanitarian supplies to the Gaza Strip in the future as well, until the lifting of the siege.

"The Government has made clear that it believes that the Rachel Corrie should be allowed to proceed to Gaza and to unload its humanitarian cargo. Those on board the Rachel Corrie have indicated that they are ready to accept inspection of their cargo at sea, prior to docking in Gaza," the statement said.

"However, the Israeli government has stated that it is not willing to allow any breach of their naval blockade of Gaza."

The statement said the Irish government was concerned for the wellbeing of the crew. "We are also conscious of the urgent need to address the humanitarian concerns of the people of Gaza," he said.

According to the agreement reached between the two states, the Rachel Corrie would dock at Ashdod port, where its cargo would be inspected under the supervision of UN officials.

Then the supplies, which reportedly include 550 tons of cement, would be transported to Gaza through the Erez crossing. Two crew members would accompany the transport until that point.

"This proposal was put to those on board the Rachel Corrie who, on Friday afternoon, after careful consideration and having thanked the government for its efforts, declined to accept it. I fully respect their right to do so and to continue their protest action by seeking to sail to Gaza," the department said.

Therefore it asked that Israeli soldiers exercise restraint if they board the ship. "Those on board the Rachel Corrie have made clear their peaceful intentions and have stated that they will offer no resistance to Israeli forces. Based on these assurances, there can be no justification for the use of force against any person on board the Rachel Corrie," it said.

Israel: No interest in confrontation

Earlier Friday Israel said it had "no interest in confronting" the crew of the Rachel Corrie and asked its members to sail directly to Ashdod port. The activists on board, for their part, announced repeatedly that they would not do so.

"We have no interest in boarding the ship. If it sails directly to the Ashdod port, we will secure its crew and refrain from boarding it. Israel is prepared to receive the ship and unload its cargo. After it is checked to make sure it contains no weapons we will be prepared to transfer all of the goods to Gaza," said Foreign Ministry Director-General Yossi Gal.
Ireland: Rachel Corrie won't dock at Ashdod - Israel News, Ynetnews

So now Ireland and Israel reach an agreement on the ship's faith, to have it inspected at Ashdod's port by Israeli, UN and Irish officials, and the ship simply declines the offering.

They should bulldoze that **** and rename it the "flat rachel corrie"..... :thumbs:

The Irish do have a knack for defying countries, and for that I am proud of my Irish grandparents on my mother side of the family. ;) Rachel Corrie is an American, and you Rev I like you, but you disgraced an American peace actives, so yeah.

The Irish do have a knack for defying countries, and for that I am proud of my Irish grandparents on my mother side of the family. ;) Rachel Corrie is an American, and you Rev I like you, but you disgraced an American peace actives, so yeah.

No, she was an anti-american big mouth punk who thought standing in the blind spot of a bulldozer taking down the home of a known terrorist was the smart play.

rachel%20corrie%202.jpg

Eff her, and her flat rotting corpse.

:thumbs:

I think if you hang out with known jihadists and terrorists, sure absolutley.

You don't know anything about what Happen too Rachel Corrie she didn't hang out with jihidiest she hanged out with civilians, and she was not anti American, because she disagreed with you, and that didn't look like a USA flag to me.
The picture is Rachel corrie

image002.jpg

Trying to make it seem she was the one wanting to burn it is amusing

Here parent followed in too her footsteps ie wanting peace.

Last edited:
Feel free to google it. it clearly is her.

She was part of ISM, which had meetings with Omar Khan Sharif and Asif Muhammad Hanif who blew up a tel aviv pub just a few days later after this meeting. Who also sheltered terrorist and leading member of Islamic Jihad Shadi Sukiya in thier offices. The same ISM who says in its mission statement that ‘armed struggle’ is a Palestinian ‘right’.

Now while you would like to call me an idiot, perhaps you should try not to be so ignorant when you do so.

Flat Rachael corrie was a terrorist sympathizer and a rabble rouser who is now a lot skinnier than she once was, but also not as pretty.

Last edited:
Oh and lets not forget, media co-ordinator’ of the ISM, Flo Rosovski, stated ‘“Israel” is an illegal entity that should not exist.

So yeah, Eff flat rachel corey's rotting flat corpse. :thumbs:

Rev,

I haven't heard of these people named Omar Khan Sharif and Asif Muhammad Hanif and then I went and researched your claim, and haven't found anything related to what you claim can you provide some links?

Last edited:
No, she was an anti-american big mouth punk who thought standing in the blind spot of a bulldozer taking down the home of a known terrorist was the smart play.

rachel%20corrie%202.jpg

Eff her, and her flat rotting corpse.

:thumbs:

Call her what she is. A Jew hating Anti Semite Nazi

She is not a" Jew Hater" for wanting pace then I must be a "Jew hater" for wanting peace. You know what I am out of here y'all are defacing someone who is a peace actives that doesn't mean she is a "JEW HATER"

The two people in question only saw people at a funeral that was a public memorial of Rachele Corrie

And Also I thought this part was interesting I went thought the archives and found this And Also this Jewish Chronicle pays £30,000 libel damages to peace activist | Media | guardian.co.uk

Adam Shapiro (An American Jew) is ONE OF THE founders of the ISM A love under fire | World news | The Guardian

The first incident occurred on March 27th 2003. Jenin had been placed under a military curfew for several days. Israeli military patrols were arresting people on site regardless of their reason for being out of their homes. 23-year-old Shadi Sukiya appeared at the ISM office in Jenin in the middle of the night. He was soaking wet, shivering and terrified. The ISM members present did not speak sufficient Arabic and Sukiya spoke no English. He was given a change of clothes, a hot drink and a blanket.

Soon afterward Israeli soldiers entered the building and arrested Sukiya. The soldiers that entered the ISM office systematically damaged much of the personal belongings of the ISM volunteers there. Despite later claims that they had been in a dangerous situation, the soldiers took the time to pile the volunteers’ clothing on the floor and break raw eggs on top of them. In briefings made to the Associated Press, the Israeli military claimed that Sukiya was senior member of the Islamic Jihad, a pistol had been discovered in the ISM office and that two ISM volunteers were hiding Sukiya. By the time that the military left the building and the immediate area, all of the ISM volunteers in Jenin were present either in the office or outside the building. None of them were detained, arrested or even seriously questioned, indicating the absurdity of the later claims made by the military.

When asked for proof of the allegations, the military changed its story: “The information originally released was wrong,” said an Israeli military spokesperson and it was now “unclear” where the pistol had been found. Somewhat chastened, the Associated Press, which had originally run the story, published a retraction on March 29th 2003, entitled “Army backtracks on details about militant arrest at International Solidarity Movement.”

She is not a" Jew Hater" for wanting pace then I must be a "Jew hater" for wanting peace. You know what I am out of here y'all are defacing someone who is a peace actives that doesn't mean she is a "JEW HATER"

The two people in question only saw people at a funeral that was a public memorial of Rachele Corrie

And Also I thought this part was interesting I went thought the archives and found this And Also this Jewish Chronicle pays £30,000 libel damages to peace activist | Media | guardian.co.uk

Adam Shapiro (An American Jew) is ONE OF THE founders of the ISM A love under fire | World news | The Guardian

*shakes head*

Did you see the picture?

Explain how ripping up a mock US flag is a peace loving person :roll:

Last edited:
Is it just me, or does ripping up a mock flag it does nothing too her character in my own opinion. To me she was for peace just because you have sensitive skin, and can't take someone who ripped up a fake flag doesn't mean she not for peace I am an American who is for FREEDOM of EXPRESSION, and those who aren't then by all means go build your own country.

Poly to me the first picture didn't look like an American flag, because it was so small that I didn't see all of it

Is it just me, or does ripping up a mock flag it does nothing too her character in my own opinion. To me she was for peace just because you have sensitive skin, and can't take someone who ripped up a fake flag doesn't mean she not for peace I am an American who is for FREEDOM of EXPRESSION, and those who aren't then by all means go build your own country.

Poly to me the first picture didn't look like an American flag, because it was so small that I didn't see all of it

If she was for peace she never would have stood in front of bulldozers trying to close off tunnels bringing in weapons.

No matter if this vessel would have voluntarily docked at Ashdod and had it's cargo investigated by a UN overseen crew.
Hamas, remember them? would never allow this cargo to enter Gaza unless the ship had docked in Gaza Port.
The aim of Hamas is to garner as much support as possible for it's murderous cause. Hamas cares not one whit for the people it controls within Gaza, there aim is the complete and total removal first of all Jews within Israel, then within the Middle East, then within the entire World.
This is their oft stated ambition, it is why they refuse to accept any treaty's made on behalf of the Pelestinian people by previous Palestinian leaders.
Once you realize their intentions and assuming you are not an Antisemite, then stopping them becomes an extremely sensible and logical proposal.

If she was for peace she never would have stood in front of bulldozers trying to close off tunnels bringing in weapons.

She stood in front a bulldozer that was trying to demolish the home of the local pharmicist, Samir Nasrallah. Get your facts straight.

Oh wait, I just realized who I was replying to.

I invented the Rachel Corrie sandwich. Its a piece of cheese on flatbread.

She stood in front a bulldozer that was trying to demolish the home of the local pharmicist, Samir Nasrallah. Get your facts straight.

Oh wait, I just realized who I was replying to.

Still have no clue what you are talking about I see Degreez. Nice to see some things never change

It would be amusing if it wasn't so pathetic.

The Israeli government revealed that 90 weapons-smuggling tunnels were constructed between the Egyptian border and Rafah. At least some of these tunnels were known to end underneath the homes in Rafah.

First, there are the tunnel connections underneath the homes. ISM'ers who stayed with Gazan families might have seen the tunnels themselves, or they at least spotted people going back and forth from the basement of the home.

During deliveries, people would have been hauling the goods out of the homes. Maybe Corrie herself did some heavy lifting.

The weapons then had to be transported somehow. Vehicles appear to be the natural choice. They would have had to be driven to the tunnel entrances and the weapons would need to be loaded onto the trucks.

Would you wonder about this kind of activity if you were personally on the scene?

Wherever ISM members mingled and even lived among Gaza and West Bank Arabs, it is possible that many of these Arabs were terrorists or helped the terrorists by feeding and housing them. The ISM'ers could have been at gatherings where they were introduced to suspected terrorists, heard stories about violent activities or noticed otherwise suspicious activity.

Actually, there is not only evidence, but proof of ISM aiding and abetting terrorists. When terrorists seized a church in Bethlehem, a few ISM'ers smuggled food to them.

If you put it all together, a reasonable person must conclude that the ISM members knew they were aiding and abetting terrorists.

The instant that it dawned on any of them that they might be helping terrorists was precisely the time for them to end their involvement. That's what a sincere and honorable person would have done.

Perhaps some ISM'ers dismissed such validation on grounds that this was the Arabs' only mechanism to resist Israel's brutal occupation. Which would excuse, in their warped minds, the murder of hundreds of innocent human beings.

We overlook the fact that Corrie’s death took place in the midst of the “intifada” terrorist onslaught against Israel and that she was working for a Palestinian-led organization as the first line of defense against Israel’s Operation Defensive Shield to stop terrorist suicide bombers. Just ten days before Corrie’s death, a Palestinian suicide bomber blew up a bus in Haifa, a few miles from the courthouse where the Corrie parents are suing Israel. Seventeen Israelis died in the attack, many of them teenagers.

The Palestinian-led group — International Solidarity Movement (ISM) — enlisted dozens of “internationals,” including Corrie, to serve as support troops. ISM admits that it “recognizes the Palestinian right to resist Israeli violence and occupation via legitimate armed struggle.” ISM’s creed translated into action: In May 2002, ten ISM members rushed into the Church of the Nativity to serve as human shields for Palestinian terrorists holed up there and desecrating the holy site. In Jenin in March 2003, an ISM woman hid a wanted Islamic Jihad terrorist, Shadi Sukiya, from the Israeli army. In Gaza in April 2003, two terrorists “had tea” with ISM members before they embarked on their mission to blow up Mike’s Place, a bar in Tel Aviv, five days later.

I know its hard for you to do any critical thinking but to try to actually research something before embarrassing yourself once again :)

The Case Against Rachel Corrie - Op-Eds - Israel National News

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/rachel...cken-with-a-bulldozer-that-day-pjm-exclusive/

Last edited:
Still have no clue what you are talking about I see Degreez. Nice to see some things never change

It would be amusing if it wasn't so pathetic.

The Israeli government revealed that 90 weapons-smuggling tunnels were constructed between the Egyptian border and Rafah. At least some of these tunnels were known to end underneath the homes in Rafah.

First, there are the tunnel connections underneath the homes. ISM'ers who stayed with Gazan families might have seen the tunnels themselves, or they at least spotted people going back and forth from the basement of the home.

During deliveries, people would have been hauling the goods out of the homes. Maybe Corrie herself did some heavy lifting.

The weapons then had to be transported somehow. Vehicles appear to be the natural choice. They would have had to be driven to the tunnel entrances and the weapons would need to be loaded onto the trucks.

Would you wonder about this kind of activity if you were personally on the scene?

Wherever ISM members mingled and even lived among Gaza and West Bank Arabs, it is possible that many of these Arabs were terrorists or helped the terrorists by feeding and housing them. The ISM'ers could have been at gatherings where they were introduced to suspected terrorists, heard stories about violent activities or noticed otherwise suspicious activity.

Actually, there is not only evidence, but proof of ISM aiding and abetting terrorists. When terrorists seized a church in Bethlehem, a few ISM'ers smuggled food to them.

If you put it all together, a reasonable person must conclude that the ISM members knew they were aiding and abetting terrorists.

The instant that it dawned on any of them that they might be helping terrorists was precisely the time for them to end their involvement. That's what a sincere and honorable person would have done.

Perhaps some ISM'ers dismissed such validation on grounds that this was the Arabs' only mechanism to resist Israel's brutal occupation. Which would excuse, in their warped minds, the murder of hundreds of innocent human beings.

We overlook the fact that Corrie’s death took place in the midst of the “intifada” terrorist onslaught against Israel and that she was working for a Palestinian-led organization as the first line of defense against Israel’s Operation Defensive Shield to stop terrorist suicide bombers. Just ten days before Corrie’s death, a Palestinian suicide bomber blew up a bus in Haifa, a few miles from the courthouse where the Corrie parents are suing Israel. Seventeen Israelis died in the attack, many of them teenagers.

The Palestinian-led group — International Solidarity Movement (ISM) — enlisted dozens of “internationals,” including Corrie, to serve as support troops. ISM admits that it “recognizes the Palestinian right to resist Israeli violence and occupation via legitimate armed struggle.” ISM’s creed translated into action: In May 2002, ten ISM members rushed into the Church of the Nativity to serve as human shields for Palestinian terrorists holed up there and desecrating the holy site. In Jenin in March 2003, an ISM woman hid a wanted Islamic Jihad terrorist, Shadi Sukiya, from the Israeli army. In Gaza in April 2003, two terrorists “had tea” with ISM members before they embarked on their mission to blow up Mike’s Place, a bar in Tel Aviv, five days later.

I know its hard for you to do any critical thinking but to try to actually research something before embarrassing yourself once again :)

The Case Against Rachel Corrie - Op-Eds - Israel National News

Pajamas Media

I don't really take opinion editorials for Israel National News as factual, impartial journalism.

CNN.com - Israeli bulldozer kills American protester - Mar. 25, 2003
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Israel calls Corrie death 'accident'
The Death of Rachel Corrie | Mother Jones

At two o'clock on the afternoon of Sunday, March 16, Rachel Corrie received a cell-phone call from a comrade in the International Solidarity Movement. "The Israelis are back," she told Corrie. "Get over here right away. I think they're heading for Dr. Samir's house." The news alarmed Corrie. Samir Nasrallah was a Palestinian pharmacist who lived with his wife and three children a few hundred yards from the battle-scarred Egyptian border in the Gaza Strip town of Rafah. Corrie and other pro-Palestinian activists based in Rafah had frequently spent the night in Nasrallah's house, acting as human shields against the Israeli tanks and bulldozers clearing a security zone around the border. Almost every other structure in the area had been knocked down in recent months; Nasrallah's abode now stood alone in a sea of sand and debris.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Certain that the pharmacist's house was about to be razed, Corrie caught a taxi to the Hai as-Salam neighborhood. The paved roads of downtown Rafah gave way to sandy tracks lined with scrabbly olive groves, mosques, modest houses, and dirt pitches where Corrie often played soccer -- badly but enthusiastically -- with local youths. At 2:30, a neighbor of Nasrallah's named Abu Ahmed caught sight of the activist hurrying past his house. Slight, hazel-eyed, with high cheekbones and dirty blond hair pulled back in a ponytail, she carried a megaphone in one hand and an orange fluorescent jacket in the other. "Come inside and have some tea," he urged her. But Corrie told him she didn't have time, and he watched as she disappeared around the corner of his house, heading toward the roar of machinery.

At least post some credible evidence that the house they were demolishing (the Palestinian pharamicist's houst , Dr. Samir Nasrallah) had access to smuggling tunnels. There mere fact that a house is on top of a smuggling tunnel is not cause to demolish that home.

I don't really take opinion editorials for Israel National News as factual, impartial journalism.

CNN.com - Israeli bulldozer kills American protester - Mar. 25, 2003
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Israel calls Corrie death 'accident'
The Death of Rachel Corrie | Mother Jones

At least post some credible evidence that the house they were demolishing (the Palestinian pharamicist's houst , Dr. Samir Nasrallah) had access to smuggling tunnels. There mere fact that a house is on top of a smuggling tunnel is not cause to demolish that home.

Read the articles. The Israeli government revealed that 90 weapons-smuggling tunnels were constructed between the Egyptian border and Rafah. At least some of these tunnels were known to end underneath the homes in Rafah.

I know you would rather wait until more Israelis die before taking action but the Israelis don't agree. I have no sympathy for this terrorist supporter and neither should you.

Back
Top Bottom