• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Iraqi WMDs in Syria?

Would you change your mind if we found Iraqi WMDs in Syria?

• Nope. I still dont support the war

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Yep. I guess Bush really didn't lie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I already support the war, and this doesnt surprise me.

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
I already support the war, and this doesn't surprise me.

Woe to the liberals should the day come when we can verify that Saddam was in possession of W.M.D.'s when Bush said he had them; for they will have to endure countless hours of Rush Limbaugh's maniacal laughter.....and if they are found before the next election, the Dems. can kiss that good-by also.

Busta said:
I already support the war, and this doesn't surprise me.

Woe to the liberals should the day come when we can verify that Saddam was in possession of W.M.D.'s when Bush said he had them; for they will have to endure countless hours of Rush Limbaugh's maniacal laughter.....and if they are found before the next election, the Dems. can kiss that good-by also.

Doesn't matter, they stil will not admit anything and stil will not support the president. I think it has a lot more to do with the who then the what

It would change some of my views about how we got there
but it would never change my view of how we should have sent those troop levels to Afghanistan first.

cherokee said:
It would change some of my views about how we got there
but it would never change my view of how we should have sent those troop levels to Afghanistan first.
We did. And when the Taliban had been dismantled, we reduced them. There is growing concern, however, that Taliban sympathisers are regrouping and forming again. Stay tuned. We may increase the troop numbers there before long.

No, absolutely not.

First of all, it's simply logically not possible that we had evidence of WMDs but didn't know where they are. There's no way that our leaders wouldn't have anticipated the movement of those weapons if they actually knew where they were. Saddam Hussein never would have ordered their movement out of the country anyway, because that would be a tacit admission that he knew his reign was over (which he still doesn't believe to this day). And there's no way that unorganized groups of Baathists could have moved ALL of those alleged weapons across the Syrian border, contrary to Saddam's wishes, without missing any weapons and with no one noticing.

Second of all, Iraq was no threat to the United States. Despite being very grandiose and conspiracy-oriented, Saddam Hussein responded to sticks and carrots like a rational human being. If he had weapons, he was a prime example of how deterrence is supposed to work.

Third of all, the invasion of Iraq has made America weaker in every sense of the word. The Bush Administration is unwilling or unable to take the strong stance against Iran that it desparately needs to take, because of the mess in Iraq.

KCConservative said:
We did. And when the Taliban had been dismantled, we reduced them. There is growing concern, however, that Taliban sympathisers are regrouping and forming again. Stay tuned. We may increase the troop numbers there before long.

That’s one of my points.
We should have hit them hard with everything we had. Left none of the Taliban alive. Allowed the only regrouping to be done in hell.

I know some say its “Non factor” but I want bin ladens head on a stick!

cherokee said:
That’s one of my points.
We should have hit them hard with everything we had. Left none of the Taliban alive. Allowed the only regrouping to be done in hell.

I know some say its “Non factor” but I want bin ladens head on a stick!
Interesting. When Bush hits Iraq with "everything we had", he gets criticized for not caring about civilian casualties. In Afghanistan, where he elected to do it with precision, it's not thorough enough. It's a lose/lose proposition for some liberals.

KCConservative said:
Interesting. When Bush hits Iraq with "everything we had", he gets criticized for not caring about civilian casualties. In Afghanistan, where he elected to do it with precision, it's not thorough enough. It's a lose/lose proposition for some liberals.

The US didn’t send in enough troops to deal with the AQ and taliban in Afghanistan. That’s why we didn’t catch them all and I feel that’s why bin laden got away.
We had to depend on the locals who I believe let them go.

Here answer this.

If a guy kills a family member and you know where he’s at do you:

Go find him and rip his heart out?
Go to another guys house that threatened you and beat the crap out of him?
Or do you go after both knowing that one or the other has a better chance he’ll get away?

Me I go for number ONE..but thats just me...

Why isn't this making headlines all over the media???

conserv.pat15 said:

because it's not extremely reliable, it is just a conspiracy theory.

M14 Shooter said:
If we found them - and there's some reason to believe we might - would you change your mind about the war?

Another story regarding their movement to Syria:
http://www.nysun.com/article/26514?page_no=2
Gee, what a surprise that you posted a slanted and biased poll in response to a bullshit story! You've never done that before, now have you?

Why'd you link the story to page 2 not page 1? Did you want people to not read the MOST important aspect of the story:
The Iraqi general, Georges Sada, makes the charges in a new book, "Saddam's Secrets," released this week. He detailed the transfers in an interview yesterday with The New York Sun.
New book? Released this week? What a crock! This thread is specially made for all of you Bush apologists who just will not accept the truth no matter how many times it stares you in the face.

How come you didn't include a "I don't believe the story" option in your slanted poll? Are you unable to start a poll that is non-biased?

Here's the perfect image for this thread....
bow_kneelsuckers.gif

KCConservative said:
What part of this is uncomprehensible to you?

We attacked Afghanistan because they attacked the USA on 9-11. We should have done EVERYTHING we could have to defeat the Taliban. We didn't do that, and now the Taliban is reemerging because Boobie Bush made the assinine decision to focus on a total non-threat, Iraq, instead of pursuing OBL and our real enemies.

Shame on Bush for NOT doing what had to be done and instead selling out all Americans by attacking Iraq.

tali-bush.jpg

At best, the Bush administration is incompetent, either for going to war on dubious intelligence or for failing to procure Iraq's WMD. At worst, the Bush administration is malfeasant, for cherry picking intelligence to take us to war for ulterior motives.
If we found WMD in Syria, it would do nothing but affirm that Bush seriously bungled this war.

Ths ISG concluded that Saddam's stockpiles were destroyed in 1991 and I've seen no conclusive evidence that convinces me otherwise. First you'd have to prove that weapons in Syria came from Iraq and lets face it..most people would say anything for a few hundred thousand dollars. Ahmed Chalabi comes to mind.

conserv.pat15 said:

Because there's no substance to it yet.

Last edited:
Napoleon's Nightingale said:
Ths ISG concluded that Saddam's stockpiles were destroyed in 1991 and I've seen no conclusive evidence that convinces me otherwise. First you'd have to prove that weapons in Syria came from Iraq and lets face it..most people would say anything for a few hundred thousand dollars. Ahmed Chalabi comes to mind.
Well done! Good job! You know how it goes for the hypnotized Bushies...they refuse to accept the truth because it proves how incompetent and how wrong Brainiac Bush was/is.

The truth is simply that, the truth. I find it amazing that some people here are so stoned on Bush that they will believe the word of a high ranking general under Saddam whose trying to sell a book over the discoveries of our military, the UN Weapon inspectors and everyone else in authority that's already admitted conclusively that there were no WMD's in Iraq.

Look at it this way? If Saddam had 'em why wouldn't he use them? If he wouldn't use them when his regime is toppled then he didn't have them, because he had to know that his number was up, and that without WMDs he stood zero chance of survival.

The reality is that he was lying for years about having them in the hopes that we would fear him and he used the lie to stick his chest out, he was bluffing...

26 X World Champs said:
Well done! Good job! You know how it goes for the hypnotized Bushies...they refuse to accept the truth because it proves how incompetent and how wrong Brainiac Bush was/is.

The truth is simply that, the truth. I find it amazing that some people here are so stoned on Bush that they will believe the word of a high ranking general under Saddam whose trying to sell a book over the discoveries of our military, the UN Weapon inspectors and everyone else in authority that's already admitted conclusively that there were no WMD's in Iraq.

Look at it this way? If Saddam had 'em why wouldn't he use them? If he wouldn't use them when his regime is toppled then he didn't have them, because he had to know that his number was up, and that without WMDs he stood zero chance of survival.

The reality is that he was lying for years about having them in the hopes that we would fear him and he used the lie to stick his chest out, he was bluffing...

You sure know a lot about reality and truth. :lol:

KCConservative said:
You sure know a lot about reality and truth. :lol:
Your posts seem to fall into the FICTION category most of the time. I enjoy reading fiction, I read about 15 novels every year...I also read short stories...My point is that I know fiction when I'm reading it...you know?

26 X World Champs said:
Your posts seem to fall into the FICTION category most of the time. I enjoy reading fiction, I read about 15 novels every year...I also read short stories...My point is that I know fiction when I'm reading it...you know?
Oh, I see. Well tell me, how did you get to know so much about me...what I know, what I don't, etc? In fact, how do you know so much about Bush...what is true, what are lies, etc? Wow, I'd give anything to have a crystal ball like yours.

:wink3:

KCConservative said:
Oh, I see. Well tell me, how did you get to know so much about me...what I know, what I don't, etc? In fact, how do you know so much about Bush...what is true, what are lies, etc? Wow, I'd give anything to have a crystal ball like yours.

:wink3:
CRYSTAL_BALL_L.jpg

Here's a picture of mine...it's not the deluxe version because as a Liberal Democrat I already have more insight than the average person. :lol:

I love how you believe that Saddam had WMDs in 2003, it's so cool to find people who truly and sincerely have blind faith no matter what the facts are. You the man!

Hey...did you also believe Bush when he talked about "Heckuva Job Brownie"? What's your take on the job Brown did at FEMA? Was he a victim of the press or what?

Seriously, if you want to buy a Crystal Ball try eBay, it has the biggest selection and the best prices. Just remember, Caveat Emptor!

I couldn't help notice the poll results. Many on the right have accused liberals for staking their entire disapproval of the war on the fact that no WMD's were found. In looking at this poll, that fact, is not panning out. So it is logical to surmise, that liberals against this war have other issues those on the right are refusing to admit.

There's more to this question than people know.

Anyone watching this guy Sada on the news stations talking about Saddam transporting the nukes to Syria via air and ground--knows full well that they're in Syria. Sada was a pilot for Saddam.

I just love watching the liberals scramble around here twisting their take on the war now that this WMD mystery has been solved. We don't forget the constant drumbeat from liberal/media as to where are the WMD's? My question to them now is, where is your patriotism and support for the war now that you've been made to look like fools?

Originally posted by pstdkid:
Anyone watching this guy Sada on the news stations talking about Saddam transporting the nukes to Syria via air and ground--knows full well that they're in Syria. Sada was a pilot for Saddam.

I just love watching the liberals scramble around here twisting their take on the war now that this WMD mystery has been solved. We don't forget the constant drumbeat from liberal/media as to where are the WMD's? My question to them now is, where is your patriotism and support for the war now that you've been made to look like fools?
It is not solved until you produce the weapons. Until then, your arguement is still bullshit!

ptsdkid said:
I love the Rabid Rightists who are so stoned that they will believe a book hawking ex-Saddamist General over every other fact exposed, even Bush admitting that there weren't any WMDs. It is so sad to read posts like this one. People so desperate to be proven correct that they will allign themselves with anyone who says they're right. It is the saddest of all arguments, the most feeble, and of course totally WRONG! You can write all the bullshit you want about this General but until even one weapon is found you're just living the fantasy! How sad for anyone to have to rely on a deposed book selling evil man to make their argument, one that no one else is making! :rofl
ptsdkid said:
I just love watching the liberals scramble around here twisting their take on the war now that this WMD mystery has been solved.
:2rofll: You're too much, really too much! Hey, I hear they also found the Abominable Snowman and the treasure in Al Capone's vault! I'm dying here! I've not laughed so hard at any one post ever. You the man!
ptsdkid said:
We don't forget the constant drumbeat from liberal/media as to where are the WMD's? My question to them now is, where is your patriotism and support for the war now that you've been made to look like fools?
OK...time for a serious point...Thousands and thousands of Americans are dead or maimed because of the evil and insane decision making of the American Taliban. Iraq was never a threat and there are more terrorists in the world today that hate America precisely because we invaded Iraq. Patriotism? What a bunch of crap! The world is a SCARIER place today then the day after 9-11 and that is due mostly to Osama Bin Bush. Had he acted properly and put all his efforts into defeating Al Quaeda the whole world would be a better place. It's pathetic as was your entire post.

Back
Top Bottom