• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Iraqi Constitution: PASSED

You must not be paying much attention if you can't find any news coverage of this.

Believe it or not, its not really that big of a deal. No one was expecting it not to get passed anyways. Thats not a very good way to show the media is biased.

And besides, if you actually looked at the links that you posted as
"evidence"you'll realize that there are actually a ton of articles on the constitution particularily in MSNBC.

And your right. The coverage would have been heavy if it failed but only because it wouldn't have been expected.

Last edited:
I think the hurricane is taking away from the covereage of the constitution as well.

Good: We Can Leave now!

Is the constitution really officially passed? I think it is four regions left to count and in one of them there are a slim change they vote against it. If they do that it will be three region that have voted against it and it will not pass. Also how much does the constitution mean, because they are already thinking of alot of fixing and changing in it.

Big deal. The Constitution has passed and nothing has changed.
Oh wait, there are more bombings now. Some progress:doh :doh :doh

FinnMacCool said:
Believe it or not, its not really that big of a deal. No one was expecting it not to get passed anyways. Thats not a very good way to show the media is biased.

The media would rather profess false acusations more than report progress...

GOOD: WE CAN LEAVE NOW!

By the way, does anyone know the exit strategy for pulling our troops out of Germany?

mission Accomplished!

Lets Go Home Now!

Obviously leaving is out of the question. We are already commited. We should at least bring some order to their country. That would be lame just doing a hit and run on Iraq and leaving them to fend for themselves. Well also the country would quickly fall into civil war.

FinnMacCool said:
Obviously leaving is out of the question. We are already commited. We should at least bring some order to their country. That would be lame just doing a hit and run on Iraq and leaving them to fend for themselves. Well also the country would quickly fall into civil war.

Thats what the 'go home now!' people want.
That way Iraq will fall apart and they can blame Bush.

(I'd blame Bush, too... for listening to the idiots screaming for the troops to come home).

See, they KNOW that if we have the resolve to see things through to the end, it will be a success -- and they dont want a success in Iraq because it will make GWB look good.

These people arent anti-war, they're anti-Bush. They started with "I hate Bush" and worked backwards from there.

It is Bush's fault though you can at least admit that. Besides it seems like the situation is already falling apart. Ah well. Maybe this will be a lesson to future presidents.

FinnMacCool said:
What progress?

HA, so you do admit that the media would rather write false articles and further liberal agenda. Im j/k im sure you dont.. idk BUT to the issue at hand:

Take this for example with the current thread.. How much news coverage have you seen on the iraqi constitution (progress)? How much coverage have you seen on Cindy Sheehan? MUCH MUCH MUCH more than the constitution! No doubt about it..

I haven't seen any coverage on Cindy Sheehan recently but I will still answer you.

I informed everyone in my family and a few relatives (some of whom are conservatives) that the Iraqi constitution has passed. None of them cared. The only one who seemed to take any interest was my father who, as he is very anti war, remarked that 2 carbombs blew up in baghdad soon afterwords. I don't think its that the american people think its a big deal which is why the media hasn't spent too much time covering it. Just a thought.

Also if I told my realtives about Cindy Sheehan, they would go on a rant about he being a traitor etc. Whether you agree with her or disagree with her, people would tend to care more about her then the Iraqi constitution.

FinnMacCool said:

No the Media would rather show how many Americans were killed instead of actually reporting something positive coming out of this war. Everyday when I read the paper I read about something bad happening in Iraq...tell me all of the productive things that are going on!

p.s. Im so sick of hearing about Cindy Sheehan

FinnMacCool said:
I haven't seen any coverage on Cindy Sheehan recently but I will still answer you.

I informed everyone in my family and a few relatives (some of whom are conservatives) that the Iraqi constitution has passed. None of them cared. The only one who seemed to take any interest was my father who, as he is very anti war, remarked that 2 carbombs blew up in baghdad soon afterwords. I don't think its that the american people think its a big deal which is why the media hasn't spent too much time covering it. Just a thought.

Also if I told my realtives about Cindy Sheehan, they would go on a rant about he being a traitor etc. Whether you agree with her or disagree with her, people would tend to care more about her then the Iraqi constitution.

Hmm you MAY be right, BUT just he members of your family not really caring and generalizing it about the rest of the country is pretty hastey dont ya say?

I believe it is a VERY important issue. Though, im only one American

Pub31321 said:
p.s. Im so sick of hearing about Cindy Sheehan

1) Then why did you start a thread about her?

2) Its already been discussed ad nauseum throughout this forum moons ago...

I didn't see anything on her but if she was already discussed then my bad...and I started that thread to see how many people actually agreed with her antics and would stand up for her.

Back
Top Bottom