• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iraq withdrawal 'on schedule'

Hoplite

Technomancer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Iraq withdrawal 'on schedule' - Middle East - Al Jazeera English
The US military is on target to withdraw all of its combat troops from Iraq by the end of the month, Barack Obama, the US president, said in a speech.

"We're moving out millions of pieces of equipment in one of the largest logistics operations that we've seen in decades," he said in a speech before the Disabled American Veterans organisation on Monday.

"By the end of this month, we'll have brought more than 90,000 of our troops home from Iraq since I took office."
This is good news. I'm glad there is finally going to be delivery on the promise to work towards ending the war. I'd like to see a complete withdrawal, but it seems like we're working up to that.

I'm still curious as to what will happen once we completely withdraw. I fear things will become even more chaotic, but I also think we've had to many people die over there for no real reason.

Back
Top Bottom