• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Iraq insurgency

cherokee

Devil Dog
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The problems in Iraq are not as simple as people tend to think. Its much more compacted then that. You have several groups struggling for power. To the advantage of the US they don’t tend to be joining forces in a unified group mainly because they all have different agendas. Listed below are just a few of these groups but the count has been as high as 40 different insurgency groups operating inside Iraq. I for one am amazed that the Hezbola has not show its nasty little a$$. But I’m sure they are providing support in some way.

Ba'athists, the armed supporters of Saddam Hussein;

Sunni Islamists, the indigenous armed followers of the Salafi movement;

Foreign Islamist fighters including al Qaeda, largely driven by the similar Sunni

Wahabi doctrine, as well as the remnants of Ansar al-Islam;

Sunni Muslims who fight to regain the power they held under previous regimes;

Patriotic Communists (who have split from the official Iraqi Communist Party) and other leftists.

Criminal insurgents who are fighting simply for money.

Nonviolent resistance groups and political parties (not technically part of the insurgency).

Militant followers of Shi'a Islamist cleric Moqtada al-Sadr,

Mahdi Army (Jaish-i-Mahdi)

Fedayeen Saddam

Al-Qaeda in Iraq (Tantheem Al-Qaeda fee BiladirRafidain)

Jaish Ansar al-Sunna

Mohammad's Army (Jaish Mohammed)

Islamic Army in Iraq (Al-Jaish Al-Islami fil-Iraq)

Iraqi National Islamic Resistance (Moqawama al-Islamiya al-Wataniya, "1920

Revolution Brigades")

Islamic Resistance Movement (Harakat Al-Moqawama Al-Islamiya)

Islamic Front for the Iraqi Resistance (al-Jabha al-Islamiya lil-Moqawama

al-Iraqiya - JAMI)

Jaish al-Mujahideen

Jaish al-Rashideen

Asaeb Ahl el-Iraq (Factions of the People of Iraq)

Black Banner Organization (ar-Rayat as-Sawda)

The Return (al-Awda)

Nasserites

Wakefulness and Holy War

Mujahideen Battalions of the Salafi Group of Iraq

Liberating Iraq's Army

Abu Theeb's group

So where does this leave the US? That’s the $64k dollar question. How many members of the Iraq security forces hold loyalty to one on the mentioned groups?

With the attack on the mosque it has pushed the struggle with inside the insurgency groups to the forefront of the media. Will this latest bombing spark and full civil war? Only time will tell.
One thing you can bet is all eyes will be on the reaction of the US military, which I predict will be very low key. This will be a test of the Security forces and the general Iraqi people.

The best solution to this problem may be "LEAVE THEM ALONE".

Let the Iraqis fight their own war.

I feel that now American aid is just doing the opposite thing.

THE U.S. doesn't mean Lord.Even the president of the United States of American has something out of his control.

Get out of there.

Then let's see what will happen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom