• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Iraq: Doomed to failure!! Oh... wait...

Touchmaster said:
The alliance with Stalin was a very special case - both the UK, US and the USSR were under attack at once by a couple of military states quite capable of taking over a good proportion of the world... I dont think any of these other military interventions can be described in similar terms...
The USSR was not 'quite capable of taking over a good portion of the world'?

I fail to see your point? when were the US attacked by the Soviets? I dont remember that war??

Touchmaster said:
it is likely that the USSR would have won the war against Germany on its own anyway

Not 'likely' at all. Without US Lend-lease of aircraft, parts, machine tools and many, many other items, the Russians would have been hard pressed to continue the fight. With our assistance, they were able to continue the fight and more importantly, refurbish their mfg base and produce the means to continue the fight. Yes, the Russians showed tremendous fighting spirit, but they were down to the dregs until we showed up with lots of support.

By being able to hang on thru the dark days and then take the fight to the Nazis, the Russians continued to force the Nazis to devote tremendous amounts of men and material to that front - men and material that consequently weren't available to fight in western Europe. The successful division of German forces into fighting on two fronts on a massive scale was a key to winning the war.

oldreliable67 said:
The successful division of German forces into fighting on two fronts on a massive scale was a key to winning the war.

The Schlieffen Plan

A holdover from WW I.
It would have worked too if not for those pesky Belgium/Russian kids!

I love history. We never learn do we?

Caine said:
Negative, You only focus on the words of the far left whackos, because thier words get media coverage.
They have hijacked nothing.
Your arguments are false, as always.

Yeah that is why the democratic party is controlled by left wing whackos like Kerry and Kennedy and bow to the feet of the Michael Moores, Cindy Sheehans, and Ward Chamberlains of this country.....ROTFLMAO.....

Navy Pride said:
Yeah that is why the democratic party is controlled by left wing whackos like Kerry and Kennedy and bow to the feet of the Michael Moores, Cindy Sheehans, and Ward Chamberlains of this country.....ROTFLMAO.....

That is your ignorant opinion... I could make one too.

Yeah, that is why the republican party is controlled by right wing whackos like Ted Stevens and George Bushes, and bow to the feet of the Oil Companies, Pat Robertsons, and Drug Companies of America.......ROTFLMAO.....

Caine said:
That is your ignorant opinion... I could make one too.

Yeah, that is why the republican party is controlled by right wing whackos like Ted Stevens and George Bushes, and bow to the feet of the Oil Companies, Pat Robertsons, and Drug Companies of America.......ROTFLMAO.....

Well all those right wingers control the presidency, both houses of congress, most Governorships and next month the SCOTUS........I guess they are just not buying the the left wing whacko spin of you and your girlfriend Cindy Sheehan....Whats really ironic is you lefties go crazy and call it a big victory when you win governorships of states you were the incumbent in........I guess you have to grasp on to something...ROTFLMAO

Eat you heart out you lefties control nothing, zippo........The American people have spoken........:lol:

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
Well all those right wingers control the presidency, both houses of congress, most Governorships and next month the SCOTUS........I guess they are just not buying the the left wing whacko spin of you and your girlfriend Cindy Sheehan....Whats really ironic is you lefties go crazy and call it a big victory when you win governorships of states you were the incumbent in........I guess you have to grasp on to something...ROTFLMAO
Not only is all this irrelevant to my comment on the idiocy of your post, you decided to add insult to injury by once again stating that my girlfriend is Cindy Sheehan. I have REPEATEDLY asked you to stop doing this, but you persist in INTENTIONALLY trying to **** me off. You are a child, and nobody here takes your posts seriously.

Eat you heart out you lefties control nothing, zippo........The American people have spoken........:lol:
Nobody said the lefties controled anything, your irrelevant statements reek of ignorance and childish humor.

Navy Pride said:

Mod Note

Knock off these types of attacks.

/Mod Note

Touchmaster said:
The alliance with Stalin was a very special case - both the UK, US and the USSR were under attack at once by a couple of military states quite capable of taking over a good proportion of the world... I dont think any of these other military interventions can be described in similar terms... it is likely that the USSR would have won the war against Germany on its own anyway, which it was well on the way to doing on the Eastern front by the time the US/UK had a foothold on the continent in 1943, and would have ended up influencing the whole of Europe, so the intervention on the Western front was as much about curbing soviet influence as anything else..

They are all "special cases." The difference between WWII and the Middle East is that WWII was very much about saving Europe and the Middle East is very much about curbing this civilization's lust to blame and destroy America for their own failures. If this civilization was all about using Europe as their scapegoat instead of America, I'm sure America's intervention would be welcome.

Back
Top Bottom