• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Iran's Hard-Line President Bans Western Music

akyron

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
"Ahmadinejad has demanded enforcement of an October ruling by the Supreme Cultural Revolutionary Council. The council's Web site says "indecent and Western music" must be kept off air in Iran."

I wonder how he feels about Christmas music....
:rofl

I heard a rumor he was one of the old school hostage takers back in
The Hostage Crisis in Iran

Anyone else hear anything like that?

From the article:
Until now, songs such as George Michael's "Careless Whisper," the Eagles' "Hotel California" and songs by Eric Clapton and Kenny G have regularly accompanied Iranian broadcasts.
If these are the songs they're banning, I wanna move to Iran. lol.

Also, nitpick, "Careless Whisper" was by Wham! and yes, I hate myself for knowing that.

I think this is the best event to happen in Iran re it's liberalization. Nothing makes Rock'n'Roll thrive like being able to stick it to The Man. It flourishes under opression.

akyron said:
I heard a rumor he was one of the old school hostage takers back in The Hostage Crisis in Iran
Anyone else hear anything like that?
Last I heard, that was pretty well debunked - or at least there was a momumental dearth of evidence. That's what I heard.

Back
Top Bottom