• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iranian protests still going on

joluoto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
'Signs of cracks' within Iran's government as protests endure

The crackdown has certainly made the protests less frequent and nost as large as at their peak, they haven't stopped. And if these crackdowns haven't been able to completely stop them thus far, they probably won't. Now there are rumors of power struggles within the Iranian elite over how to handle the situation.

The crackdown has certainly made the protests less frequent and nost as large as at their peak, they haven't stopped. And if these crackdowns haven't been able to completely stop them thus far, they probably won't. Now there are rumors of power struggles within the Iranian elite over how to handle the situation.
There are always rumours in and about the brutal Iranian theocrats. Sadly they never amount to much in the way of change.

(I see you want all Karens arrested. Do you want them hung as well? Your concerns for freedom for women to express their views seems partial).

There are always rumours in and about the brutal Iranian theocrats. Sadly they never amount to much in the way of change.

(I see you want all Karens arrested. Do you want them hung as well? Your concerns for freedom for women to express their views seems partial).
Why the hell are you calling Iranian women who protest Karens? You do realize that's a derrogatory term used in the US for women that can't mind their own business right?

Where did the OP say he wants all Iranian protestors arrested? He didn't. You're doing this to distract from the actual topic of the thread.

Why the hell are you calling Iranian women who protest Karens? You do realize that's a derrogatory term used in the US for women that can't mind their own business right?

Where did the OP say he wants all Iranian protestors arrested? He didn't. You're doing this to distract from the actual topic of the thread.
Look carefully at Joluoto's posts. Each and every one says 'Arrest all Karens'. I await your apology.

Look carefully at Joluoto's posts. Each and every one says 'Arrest all Karens'. I await your apology.
So instead of talking about the actual topic of the thread, you derailed it talking about a signature that has nothing to do with the OP? Why? Do you sympathize with the Iranian regime and you don't want us talking about it?

So instead of talking about the actual topic of the thread, you derailed it talking about a signature that has nothing to do with the OP? Why? Do you sympathize with the Iranian regime and you don't want us talking about it?
As my posts make clear, even to those of limited understanding, I hate loathe despise and abhor, the Iranian regime in general and Shia Islam in particular.

The Theocrats are shitting themselves. They are losing control...something that's never happened before. Usually they would've had the citizens completely pacified by now.

The Theocrats are shitting themselves. They are losing control...something that's never happened before. Usually they would've had the citizens completely pacified by now.
I share your hopes but not, alas your expectations. The ruling theocrats have the support of the great mass of the Shia indoctrinated population and are opposed by only the thin powerless crust of the highly educated and 'Westernised'

I will be delighted if I turn out to be mistaken.

...And why should we care what happens in Iran? Even arch-rival Saudi Arabia doesn't want the Iranian regime to fall. Why then should we, sitting at our desks, typing on our computers many thousands of miles away, almost certainly unable to do a thing?

...And why should we care what happens in Iran? Even arch-rival Saudi Arabia doesn't want the Iranian regime to fall. Why then should we, sitting at our desks, typing on our computers many thousands of miles away, almost certainly unable to do a thing?
... And why should I care what happens in the USA? But I do.

I feel kinship with everyone in every country. It seems to go with being a humanist. (Another thing is I once lived in Iran and both our sons were born there).

Whoa, here’s some more fuel to the fire of regime instability in Iran. The currency value continues to drop against the dollar like a rock. It is now 600,000 to a dollar. And inflation is now over 50%, despite the government’s best efforts to control it.

Whoa, here’s some more fuel to the fire of regime instability in Iran. The currency value continues to drop against the dollar like a rock. It is now 600,000 to a dollar. And inflation is now over 50%, despite the government’s best efforts to control it.

Could be huge, could not be. Turkey is having 60% inflation right now, and it doesn't really look Erdogan's position is under serious threat despite dissatisfaction (and Turkish inflation was something like 70% in December). So whether it will spark new defiance in Iran or not is yet to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom