• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Iranian President: Bush Should Be Tried for War Crimes

akyron

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
source

"You, who have used nuclear weapons against innocent people, who have used uranium ordnance in Iraq, should be tried as war criminals in courts," Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in an apparent reference to the United States."

Did a nuclear bomb go off somewhere in the Middle East and I missed it?

What exactly is the president of Iran trying to do here? Did they not just call for an attack of Israel just a couple of weeks ago? Wipe them off the map or something. Perhaps Iran already has a nuke and are just begging for an attack so they can justify using it.....

For some reason, Ahmadinejad seems to be doing everything possible to inflame American/Iranian tensions. The comparisons to Hitler are apparently not lost on him, and the Hitler comparison seems much more justifiable with Ahmadinejad than it did with Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, or Kim Jong-il. It's almost like Ahmadinejad WANTS to be invaded...

You know, I've generally been against military action in Iran, but Ahmadinejad's comments certainly don't make that position more defensible. I'm beginning to wonder if tactical air strikes might be a good idea after all, assuming they are militarily feasible.

Last edited:
Kandahar said:
For some reason, Ahmadinejad seems to be doing everything possible to inflame American/Iranian tensions. The comparisons to Hitler are apparently not lost on him, and the Hitler comparison seems much more justifiable with Ahmadinejad than it did with Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, or Kim Jong-il. It's almost like Ahmadinejad WANTS to be invaded...

You know, I've generally been against military action in Iran, but Ahmadinejad's comments certainly don't make that position more defensible. I'm beginning to wonder if tactical air strikes might be a good idea after all, assuming they are militarily feasible.

All they have left to do is take some Americans hostages...oh wait a min thats already been done..... kept some of them for years too.

Im against military action in Iran as well at the moment but only because they wont be allowed to win given the current political climate..

A new political dancing jackass on the international scene. Will wonders never cease?

I can't wait to hear what outrageous statements he makes next. :lol:

The only reasons I can think of that he would make these kind of statements:

1) He still thinks he's the mayor of Tehran and doesn't realize how closely the world is watching him.
2) He's just trying to out-cowboy George Bush.
3) He enjoys his nation's pariah status, and wants to be invaded for some reason.

Kandahar said:
The only reasons I can think of that he would make these kind of statements:

1) He still thinks he's the mayor of Tehran and doesn't realize how closely the world is watching him.
2) He's just trying to out-cowboy George Bush.
3) He enjoys his nation's pariah status, and wants to be invaded for some reason.

4) He's 2 sandwiches short of a picnic.

DeeJayH said:
ummm, refering to japan

Is he blaming Bush or our entire country for that? Because most, if not all, of the people involved in making that decision are no longer alive.

DeeJayH said:
ummm, refering to japan

Irrelevant. Those guys are long dead for the most part.

I think he just has a bomb already and wants to use it on an invading force. Its not like our intel has been proven all that accurate up to this point anyway.....

Back
Top Bottom