• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Iranian Involvement in Iraq: An Act of War?

Its almost given that Iran will declare war on the United states, but the real question is : Will the U.S be ready for another involvement with a Middle Eastern country. The answer is yes and no. Yes we have the cooperation from Europe and the rest world, and our economy wouldnt have a problem with it. The thing is that we cant Militarily handle another invasion, unless of course we draft, but thats the last thing we should do. Sure we could invade, but this time we couldnt spearhead the operation, we couldnt just up and leave Iraq. The Terrorists would just follow us to Iran. The only ironic thing is that Iran is a source of Terrorism, and they are openly admitting it. The Iranian President is a nut, and I think we wont try to negotiate with him. We will try to surgically remove him. In doing this the whole country of Iran will go into utter chaos. This is the part we should back out of. When a country goes into a riot, it fixes itself. This is rule that proves it : When Mommies and Daddy's can't feed their children, something happens. This something is called Revolution.

Insurgents fighting US forces in Iraq have included Iranians, Saudis, Egyptians, Syrians, Yemenis, Chechens, Jordanians, and Palestinians. They use weaponry from dozens of nations. How does one draw the line?

btw... there are increasing rumors in Washington that diplomats from the US and Iran will meet unofficially to discuss the Iraq situation.

Nephtis said:
Its almost given that Iran will declare war on the United states, but the real question is : Will the U.S be ready for another involvement with a Middle Eastern country. The answer is yes and no. Yes we have the cooperation from Europe and the rest world, and our economy wouldnt have a problem with it. The thing is that we cant Militarily handle another invasion, unless of course we draft, but thats the last thing we should do. Sure we could invade, but this time we couldnt spearhead the operation, we couldnt just up and leave Iraq. The Terrorists would just follow us to Iran. The only ironic thing is that Iran is a source of Terrorism, and they are openly admitting it. The Iranian President is a nut, and I think we wont try to negotiate with him. We will try to surgically remove him. In doing this the whole country of Iran will go into utter chaos. This is the part we should back out of. When a country goes into a riot, it fixes itself. This is rule that proves it : When Mommies and Daddy's can't feed their children, something happens. This something is called Revolution.

I agree. Let the Iranian people shape their own future.
Just keep nukes out of their hands.

The last thing the world needs is another country with nukes. Especially a nut-job regime like that.

Tashah said:
Insurgents fighting US forces in Iraq have included Iranians, Saudis, Egyptians, Syrians, Yemenis, Chechens, Jordanians, and Palestinians. They use weaponry from dozens of nations. How does one draw the line?

It's simple. Governments which cooperated with the U.S. in trying to stop the flow of terrorists and weapons into Iraq are okay. Governments which actively support the terrorists and provide them with supplies and ammunition are not okay.

btw... there are increasing rumors in Washington that diplomats from the US and Iran will meet unofficially to discuss the Iraq situation.

Talking is always a good thing. But at some point if talking gets you nowhere you have to consider other options as well.
It all depends on whether the Iranians really want to cooperate.

easyt65 said:
As far as the 'end of the war on terror', I am no psychic and have no crystal ball. I BELIEVE that Bin Laden declaring war on the U.S. in 1990 changed out world, not 9/11! Al Qaeda has been stalking us and killing our people for the past 15 years. 9/11 was just the 1st rael attack on our own soil! I beleive we will bring our soldiers home at some point, but thatwill not end the war! We have fanatical enemies that want this country destroyed and have already proven they will come here to keep the war going!

When will it end? I am not sure it will end until either we or the fanatical, rabid Islamic Extremists are dead! I cetainly hope it doesn't come down to that!

You see thats what I have a problem with. This is being touted as a 'war' against terror across the world. We want everyone to join up and take on these Islamic extremists but how can we declare it 'over' if terrorism still exists in i.e Chechnya, Israel/Palestine, Sudan, Zimbabwe, Spain etc etc.

Its 'your either with us our against us' so clearly we cannot rely on the support of other nations and then ignore their own terrorist problems.

As long as ANY terrorist attacks are occuring across the globe how can we say we have 'defeated' terrorism?

This I would argue is an impossible stage to reach and one which renders the war both illogical and un-winable.

Sure we can (and should) take action against Al-Q (as you rightly said they attacked us). But to think we will reach a stage where there will never be another terrorist attack is fool-hearty.

If you really want to see an 'end' to terrorism try tackling the social, economic, religious and political problems behind the attacks. Of course it will never 'end' but we can stop the majority of it.

Back
Top Bottom