• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iranian drinkers sentenced to death

From The article in the link, provided in the OP.
People who belong to non-Muslim minorities such as Christians and Armenians, which are recognised by the authorities, are allowed to produce and consume alcohol in the country

Read more: Iranian drinkers sentenced to death
So if you are not a Muslim citizen you are free to produce and drink alchohol in Iran. I doubt anyone who is not Iranian, really care's about this thread topic, as it does not impact their lives in any shape or form.

From The article in the link, provided in the OP.

So if you are not a Muslim citizen you are free to produce and drink alchohol in Iran. I doubt anyone who is not Iranian, really care's about this thread topic, as it does not impact their lives in any shape or form.

So executing a Muslim who wants to drink is ok?

I agree with you ido! I mean it's a sick law!

sharia law is Dark Ages and anybody who thinks otherwise has to go to Iran and live there not talk from the comfort of their Western homes!

Isn't is a crime to convert from Islam in Iran? What if someone is born into a Muslim family, are they forced to never be allowed to drink?

Taking someone's life over harmless alcohol consumption is far more heinous than drinking alcohol in the first place.

Last edited:
Where in the post did i specifically say it was ok? I just said if your not an Iranian Muslim it doesn't affect you. Especially coming from a poster, if you check their posting history doesn't care about Muslims.

I mean Iran, is far from the only country that has ****ed up punishments: i will give a couple examples.

[h=1]Got Oppression? Saudi Kingdom Keeps Women in the Stone Age[/h]Dear Saudi Arabia: Has anyone told you it’s the year 2010 and you can stop with the ludicrous rulings scaling back women’s rights and, specifically, their mobility?Last week, a court in Saudi Arabia sentenced four women and 11 men between the ages of 30-40 years to flogging and prison for “mingling at a party.”

[h=1]Orthodox Israelis Spit On Whorish 8-Year-Old Girl For Going To Schoolhttp://jezebel.com/5871293/orthodox-israelis-spit-on-whorish-8+year+old-girl-for-going-to-school[/h]

http://jezebel.com/5871293/orthodox-israelis-spit-on-whorish-8+year+old-girl-for-going-to-school

If something is an issue among Iranians in Iran, it's their business, If Something is an issue in Saudi among Saudi's it's their business; If something is an issue among Israel's in Israel it's their business. As long as they keep their issue's among themselves and don't try to offend other religion's, countries,ethnicities etc then we shouldn't care, shall we invade these countries because of their own social issue's amongst their people.

Isn't is a crime to convert from Islam in Iran? What if someone is born into a Muslim family, are they forced to never be allowed to drink?

Taking someone's life over harmless alcohol consumption is far more heinous than drinking alcohol in the first place.

Ofcourse taking their life over alchohol is heinous, that is known fact that is undebateable, it's common sense. My point is why start a thread that is not debateable. The bottom line is people from all three abrahamic faiths, have sects in their religion, that misinterepret/misrepresent what their texts say.

Me personally I believe Jews, Muslims and Christians believe in one God, the almighty and he is full of mercy. Yet people in authority on many different levels seem to forget his decree. We are all son's and daughter's of adam.

the Almighty has said: “O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its.”

Where in the post did i specifically say it was ok? I just said if your not an Iranian Muslim it doesn't affect you. Especially coming from a poster, if you check their posting history doesn't care about Muslims.

It affects every civilized person in the world when they are confronted with the absolute Dark Age primitive brutality that passes for Law in Iran or elsewhere in the region.

If you are a civilized person, you should care!

It affects every civilized person in the world when they are confronted with the absolute Dark Age primitive brutality that passes for Law in Iran or elsewhere in the region.

If you are a civilized person, you should care!

What do you want me to do? how about you and I take a trip to Iran, and go to the Mullah's and talk to them, im sure they will listen...or worst case scenerio they imprison and torcher us for being suspected spy's and agents of the west., what do you say? good idea?

Must you always log out between posts? and go into guest mode?:roll::2wave:

wow 4 a.m. wtf i am doing!?

I'm not sure why its relevant if its affecting only Muslims or not, its wrong.

If something is an issue among Iranians in Iran, it's their business, If Something is an issue in Saudi among Saudi's it's their business; If something is an issue among Israel's in Israel it's their business. As long as they keep their issue's among themselves and don't try to offend other religion's, countries,ethnicities etc then we shouldn't care, shall we invade these countries because of their own social issue's amongst their people.

Except in Saudi Arabia it is our business as this regime depends upon us for its continued existence and protection. As for Iran at least the positive side is that this regime certainly wont be around for ever (Bearing in mind the youth bulge, economic situation, influence of the Arab Spring etc.)

Last edited:
Always point out the negative aspects of other societies and point out the good in yours. Knowing well that your culture has negative points and theirs has positive points.
You end up always looking good and they end up always looking bad.

It is called cultural relativism and it's definitely dangerous, harmful and counterproductive....just my 2 cents.

Always point out the negative aspects of other societies and point out the good in yours. Knowing well that your culture has negative points and theirs has positive points.

It is called cultural relativism and it's definitely dangerous, harmful and counterproductive....just my 2 cents.

There is nothing I can think of in the current western laws that's nearly as bad as killing someone for drinking alcohol. Is there a western country that kills drug dealers and drug users? maybe that would be as bad.
Theres nothing wrong with pointing barbaric bs like this out. Even Muhammad didn't do it.

Omar Khayyam;
Drunkards are doomed to hell, so men declare,
Believe it not, 'tis but a foolish scare;
Heaven will be empty as this hand of mine,
If none who love good drink find entrance there

There is nothing I can think of in the current western laws that's nearly as bad as killing someone for drinking alcohol. Is there a western country that kills drug dealers and drug users? maybe that would be as bad.
Theres nothing wrong with pointing barbaric bs like this out. Even Muhammad didn't do it.

Omar Khayyam;
Drunkards are doomed to hell, so men declare,
Believe it not, 'tis but a foolish scare;
Heaven will be empty as this hand of mine,
If none who love good drink find entrance there

That is absolutely not what I'm saying. You don't need to compare an exact wrong with an equal and opposite right. Try to see in general. What I'm trying to say is that if one keeps pointing out only the negative aspects of a given society with only the positive aspects of the other, then we fall into the naive and primitive comparison of good vs bad.

Maybe I'm naive, I cannot help but see the positive aspects of each individual, even the most abhorrent and by the same token the positive in each society.

Pointing out only and exclusively the negative of a given society only serves to pull people even further apart and we as a humans should be able to get rid of that one day.

NO, I am not saying that killing someone for drinking is fine and dandy. I am simply tired of this mini war on a public forum between those who by all means want to paint the Arab/Muslim world with a dark brush and those who try hard to paint Israel and the Western world with an equally dark brush. Both societies have their good and their bad.

As a matter of fact I'm tired of these forums in general.

Both societies have their good and their bad.
As a matter of fact I'm tired of these forums in general.

The bad in one society can definitely be much better than the bad in an another. In France religious discrimination is when you ban a burqa, in the Muslim world people's perception of freedom of religion includes cutting off apostates' heads off.
With all their bads most western societies are leagues ahead than Muslim/Arab ones.

Denying this is "dangerous, harmful and counterproductive".

The bad in one society can definitely be much better than the bad in an another. In France religious discrimination is when you ban a burqa, in the Muslim world people's perception of freedom of religion includes cutting off apostates' heads off.
With all their bads most western societies are leagues ahead than Muslim/Arab ones.

Denying this is "dangerous, harmful and counterproductive".

I think you have taken a decision not to understand my point. So be it. Alla ma3aak :2wave:

See, this is where you are wrong. It affects us because if a government, a religious movement, is willing to do this to its own people, it is pretty clear what they are willing to do to the infidel.

That's not what cultural relaitivism is.

Cultural relativism is judging good and bad actions only within the culutral framework of the society in which the actions are undertaken. So who are we to judge, for example, that Islam treats women like chatttel? Sure it is wrong here, but that's the way it works over there.

THAT is cultural relativism.

That's not what cultural relaitivism is.

Cultural relativism is judging good and bad actions only within the culutral framework of the society in which the actions are undertaken. So who are we to judge, for example, that Islam treats women like chatttel? Sure it is wrong here, but that's the way it works over there.

THAT is cultural relativism.

First of all "Islam" does not treat women like cattle, some Muslim societies do. I wouldn't want to be a woman in some Orthodox Jewsih society or in a village in India either, where my chances of survival as a baby girl would have been slim anyway. Does that mean that Judaism or Hinduism treats women like cattle ? NO, and you know it.

And yes, what might seem right to one society seems wrong to another, but humilitaing and msitreating another human or animal or the planet in general (which is what the industrialised world has been doing) are recognised as universal wrongs.

On the other hand, respect and kindness toward all living things are universal rights, and all societies, Eastern and Western have that good in them, one just needs to recognise it.

I think both sides have much to learn from each other only if they decide to share what's positive in them instead of constantly and exclussively criticising the bad and the wrong.

Of course the universal wrong should be pointed out and criticised, but the right and the good should also be recognised by both sides toward one another, otherwise we will remain in perpetual conflict.

Back
Top Bottom