• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Iran willing to share nuclear technology w/other Islamic nations

scottyz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050915/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_nuclear_3;_ylt=ArLVTPEsvKpieNp4CH0aNapSw60A;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

TEHRAN, Iran -
Iran is willing to provide other Islamic nations with nuclear technology, Iran's hard-line president said Thursday.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad made the comments after meeting Turkey's prime minister on the sidelines of a gathering of world leaders at the
United Nations, according to the state-run Islamic Republic News Agency.

Ahmadinejad repeated promises that Iran will not pursue nuclear weapons, IRNA reported. Then he added: "Iran is ready to transfer nuclear know-how to the Islamic countries due to their need."

Iran has said it is determined to pursue its nuclear program to process uranium and produce energy, despite European attempts to limit it. The United States accuses Tehran of secretly seeking to develop nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
:shock:

scottyz if Iran wants to threaten us so be it but as u no they are just playing
hard to get. dont worry about these people.

regards mikeey

mikeey said:
scottyz if Iran wants to threaten us so be it but as u no they are just playing
hard to get. dont worry about these people.

regards mikeey

I see no reason to worry about a people that are more then willing to die to kill us. And those same people having easier access to nuclear materials. This can be nothing but bad as far as I can see...LOL

"Ahmadinejad repeated promises that Iran will not pursue nuclear weapons"

They said that their nuclear agenda is for energy , so why is U.S and europe countries against it as long as they are going to pursue the nuclear programme only and only for energy ?

mustafa said:

They said that their nuclear agenda is for energy , so why is U.S and europe countries against it as long as they are going to pursue the nuclear programme only and only for energy ?
Because I don't think anyone seriously believes that they wont try make nuclear weapons as well...

mustafa said:

O well they promised... that changes everything. They would never lie or break a promise

mustafa said:

Let's say you're right.

What about the "other" Islamic nations they want to share with?

Let's see.....they're buddies with Syria. Any other "buddy nations" out there? Hey I got one: Somalia

Let's not forget the National Islamic Front in Sudan.

Calm2Chaos said:
O well they promised... that changes everything. They would never lie or break a promise
Even if the Government honestly has no intentions of using the technology and materials to produce bombs the chances that it will happen anyways are just way too high. All it takes is couple workers in the plant that sympathize with radical Islam to get the ball rolling.

I sincerely wish we could trust them and that we could let them have nuclear power, but I don't believe their intentions for the technology are as innocent as they would have us believe.

scottyz **** these people m8, we can handle them any time and any place

no probs.what u have got to think of is u, and the American people

should do the same. y worry about other countrys please think of your selves

that would be good. GOD bless u m8 i hope u are okay and the rest of the on this site. I kid a lot beause i dont take life serious

MY kind Regards to U.

Mikeey.

ps It is now half past 11 at night in Scotland just now.

MiamiFlorida said:
Let's say you're right.

Let's see.....they're buddies with Syria. Any other "buddy nations" out there? Hey I got one: Somalia

Well I'm against them sharing their neclear technology with other Islamic countries ... but the west is against them having it in the first place ... I say why don't we let them have nuclear agenda as long as it's only for energy , at the same time we put them and their plants under heavy observation by the nuclear agency ... This way we would prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons , at the same time the west won't deny them the right of utilizing science to improve their life ...

MiamiFlorida said:
Let's say you're right.

Well I'm against them sharing their neclear technology with other Islamic countries ... but the west is against them having it in the first place ... I say why don't we let them have nuclear agenda as long as it's only for energy , at the same time we put them and their plants under heavy observation by the nuclear agency ... This way we would prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons , at the same time the west won't deny them the right of utilizing science to improve their life ...

mustafa said:

Sorry to phrase Billy Joel, but this is, indeed, a matter of trust...

If Iran has done something to gain that trust, I MIGHT be able to agree with it...but there is none...

What would you rather have...9 countries with nukes or 10 countries with nukes?...The more countries that have them, the greater the chance to have them fall into the wrong hands...

If you believe that Iran wants nuclear technology for peaceful purposes only, then may I suggest some oceanfront property in Iowa you would like to buy?;)

What other country on Earth with our military and economic power would not abuse it? IMHO we are the first to have the power to take over others with little resistance and consequence and not due so. Who could challenge us if we enslaved Mexico? Who would cross the ocean to fight for Canada? The sooner we force every country on this planet to grant every person a vote on how their country is run the sooner we can get rid of the nukes and have real good world wide sports rivalries and swell vacation destinations. Imagine the advances in all sciences if the whole world worked together. Then we could all team up and make France act right. Only that will end the nuclear threat. And we have taken the first step. Name two Democracies that have gone to war! The point being we can be trusted with nukes. They can't. If they had nukes instead of airplanes does anyone think they wouldn't use them? The only question in my mind is would the go for Israel of us first? One of the things I, teacher, of the massive brain, can't figure out.

teacher said:
What other country on Earth with our military and economic power would not abuse it? IMHO we are the first to have the power to take over others with little resistance and consequence and not due so. Who could challenge us if we enslaved Mexico? Who would cross the ocean to fight for Canada? The sooner we force every country on this planet to grant every person a vote on how their country is run the sooner we can get rid of the nukes and have real good world wide sports rivalries and swell vacation destinations. Imagine the advances in all sciences if the whole world worked together. Then we could all team up and make France act right. Only that will end the nuclear threat. And we have taken the first step. Name two Democracies that have gone to war! The point being we can be trusted with nukes. They can't. If they had nukes instead of airplanes does anyone think they wouldn't use them? The only question in my mind is would the go for Israel of us first? One of the things I, teacher, of the massive brain, can't figure out.

Mama-say-mama-sah-ma-ma-cu-sah! Right on the money!:2wave:

For the last few days I've been thinking of starting a thread and asking what other countries would do with our "superpower" and "military" status...

We know that France would sell it away and surrender to their own weapons, so they don't count...

cnredd said:
Mama-say-mama-sah-ma-ma-cu-sah! Right on the money!:2wave:

For the last few days I've been thinking of starting a thread and asking what other countries would do with our "superpower" and "military" status...

We know that France would sell it away and surrender to their own weapons, so they don't count...

You know how so many calls us imperialistic? The one simple question they can't answer is: If we were imperialistic why don't we rule Kuwait? Funny how almost any dabate can be narrowed down to one simple question. The trick is figuring out that question.

If Iran had defeated Iraq would they have liberated the people, given them the right to vote, then left?

The answer to that, logically, should lead you to the answer of the question of this thread.

Start the thread. I got ton on that subject. Like one story with an Hindu boss of mine........

Any one know how to delete a browser cache?

And yes I expect and encourage obscene answers.

:smash: That France remark was bigoted and uncalled for. No promotion for you.

teacher said:
The sooner we force every country on this planet to grant every person a vote on how their country is run the sooner we can get rid of the nukes and have real good world wide sports rivalries and swell vacation destinations. Imagine the advances in all sciences if the whole world worked together.
What if the people in some of those countries democratically vote for war and nukes so they can destroy western culture or expand their resources.

I think Reagan was right when he implied it would take an alien invasion of earth to get the entire population of earth to see eye to eye and work together.

mustafa said:

You honestly think Iran is developing Nuclear Energy and not weapons just because they say so?

The "Just for energy excuse" is the auspice almost every nuclear nation has used, India, Pakistan, South Africa (Until they dismantled them), Us, probably North Korea but uncofirmed. They have no use for Nuclear Energy it costs them more to keep the plant online then it does to supply their whole nation with oil. They want nukes and there is no doubt about it.

scottyz said:
Even if the Government honestly has no intentions of using the technology and materials to produce bombs the chances that it will happen anyways are just way too high. All it takes is couple workers in the plant that sympathize with radical Islam to get the ball rolling.

I sincerely wish we could trust them and that we could let them have nuclear power, but I don't believe their intentions for the technology are as innocent as they would have us believe.

Theres just no way to monitor this effectivly. Your just asking for something to be handed over to a suicide bomber to be detonated in the middle of time square

mustafa said:

We're against it because the government of Iran (mullahs and the Ayatollah) are known terrorist supporters and have been harboring wanted terrorists for the last quarter of a century. As such, Iran is no more then a ridiculous extremist theocracy, which cannot be trusted with any type of nuclear technology.

If Iran has nuclear technology Bin Laden, Hesbollah, Islamic Jihad, and numerous other terrorist groups will have nuclear technology. This is EXTREMELY bad.

Iran needs to remain nuclear-free.

:rantoff:

Maybe one day, when Iran is a free country that is not ruled by extremist Islamics, when the Ayatollah and his terrorist buddies the mullahs are removed from power and the people of Iran have a truly free government that is run by the people and not a religion; Iran will then be trustworthy.

Until then, I firmly believe that allowing Iran to have nuclear technology is a serious threat to the security of the free world... and anybody who disagrees with extremist Islam.

We cannot stand by and allow Iran to start WW-III or allow them to arm the terrorist group(s) that start WW-III.

I therefore ABSOLUTELY oppose Iran's wish to develop any type of nuclear technology.

-Vader

Maybe one

teacher said:
You know how so many calls us imperialistic? The one simple question they can't answer is: If we were imperialistic why don't we rule Kuwait? Funny how almost any dabate can be narrowed down to one simple question. The trick is figuring out that question.

If Iran had defeated Iraq would they have liberated the people, given them the right to vote, then left?

The answer to that, logically, should lead you to the answer of the question of this thread.

Start the thread. I got ton on that subject. Like one story with an Hindu boss of mine........

Any one know how to delete a browser cache?

And yes I expect and encourage obscene answers.

:smash: That France remark was bigoted and uncalled for. No promotion for you.

Bigoted or not, it is correct. Disneyland Paris failed because France surrendered during the grand opening fireworks display. As far as I am concerned, Mickey Mouse now has a legal claim to the rule of France.

-Vader

Back
Top Bottom