• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

IRAN war looms closer

So you are posting someone else's opinion? I can tear this one up, but what do you think?

“If Israel takes such crazy actions as attacking our nuclear facilities, we will give it an unforgettable lesson.” Iranian Parliament-Speaker, Haddad Adel

Qaddafi's line in the sand and Bagdad Bob come to mind.

We won't invade Iran. But Israel will bomb the Nuclear plant when it's almost done.

Maybe we'll lend them an F-117.

teacher said:
So you are posting someone else's opinion? I can tear this one up, but what do you think?

“If Israel takes such crazy actions as attacking our nuclear facilities, we will give it an unforgettable lesson.” Iranian Parliament-Speaker, Haddad Adel

Qaddafi's line in the sand and Bagdad Bob come to mind.

We won't invade Iran. But Israel will bomb the Nuclear plant when it's almost done.

Maybe we'll lend them an F-117.

your problem is that you think IRAN is IRAQ
IRAQ was AMERICAN's allie they were abandoned

Iran has Nukes on cruise missles from RUSSIA
RUSSIA didnt abandon IRAN

duped again

Last edited:
Canuck said:

duped again

You live in a most amazing reality of your own making.

RUSSIA armed Iraq at the same time we were, because they didn't like the government of Iran either. What does that say, when both the USA and the USSR were supporting the same gov't at the highth of the cold war?

You mean to tell me you DIDN'T the preponderance of Soviet equipment that the Iraqi army was armed with?

Iran has nukes. Really? ANY proof for this claim? At the moment, NO ONE in the world believes that Iran has nuclear capability. The includes Russia, who damn sure should know if they armed Iran with nuclear weapons. (And I don't buy for a second that they did.)

IRAN war looms closer

Sooner the better.

Canuck said:

duped again

If Iran had nukes there would be a few less Jews.

If Iran had nukes they wouldn't be building a nuclear reactor.

If Russia sold them nukes we would have put Russia in a world of hurt.

If Iran had two nukes NYC would be glass.

If Iran had nukes that they didn't give to fanatics they would brag about it.

Just curious. Where did you hear they sold them nukes?

This guy is the best.

DocAR said:
You live in a most amazing reality of your own making.

RUSSIA armed Iraq at the same time we were, because they didn't like the government of Iran either. What does that say, when both the USA and the USSR were supporting the same gov't at the highth of the cold war?

You mean to tell me you DIDN'T the preponderance of Soviet equipment that the Iraqi army was armed with?

Iran has nukes. Really? ANY proof for this claim? At the moment, NO ONE in the world believes that Iran has nuclear capability. The includes Russia, who damn sure should know if they armed Iran with nuclear weapons. (And I don't buy for a second that they did.)

dont think so
history is bunk !
stop listening to what you read .it is Bs propaganda

correction

RUSSIA is arming iran now and has been for a long time
russia is arming china now.Brand new top of the line cruise missles, 100 mega ton type.and anti aircraftcarrier missles its in the news

they see america as she really is
broke ,destitute ,and weary. They know that America's arrogance will make AMERICA lash out, to secure wealth the old fasion way.to not do so would mean very harsh hardships for america.

they are waiting for you to attack IRAN
IT is possible ,that the russians ,and the chinese, are more civilized then america. and they back away . I wouldn't bet on it though

Last edited:
Canuck said:

And you think what you are reading is NOT bs propaganda? Think again and reflect before you speak! :lol:

Canuck said:
dont think so
history is bunk !

correction

RUSSIA is arming iran now and has been for a long time
russia is arming china now.Brand new top of the line cruise missles, 100 mega ton type.and anti aircraftcarrier missles its in the news

And I'm to buy this on nothing more than your word?

Riiiight.....

You get better al the time, man.

AK_Conservative said:
And you think what you are reading is NOT bs propaganda? Think again and reflect before you speak! :lol:

Unlike you I have an ojective mind and read from many sources
your pov is to be indoctrinated

The Bourse; Iran’s death-warrant

Iran’s future oil and natural gas wealth foreshadow its growth into a regional competitor to Israel as well as an energy-independent powerhouse. Their stated intention to sell resources via their own, homegrown bourse, is a direct threat to the existing economic system. It would greatly increase trade in petro-euros and send the dollar into a downward spiral. The importance of this cannot be overstated. The heart-and-soul of the empire is the Greenback; that flaccid, debt-ridden hoax that props-up the entire rickety structure of state-terror. The $8 trillion dollars of accumulated debt that underwrites the greenback requires that the world continue to buy oil in dollars. The transition from dollars to petro-euros is a direct assault on a system that forces the lavish debt of the wealthiest nations onto the shoulders of the world’s poorest people. If the dollar falls from its place of prominence then the global power-structure would shift dramatically from the hands of western elites to the nations with the most resources. America’s corporate and financial giants will never allow that to happen, not as long as there’s one missile left in an American silo.

greenspan america's own guru of economics says you cant float the debt nor pay its escalating cost it is out of control

America's biggest fear that oil be sold in euro dollars woud turn the US an oil bungling nation , that has its debt underpinned by the green back based on oil.Into a has been superpower
I hope you understand these statements and their ramifications
Though, somehow , I doubt you could .
if by chance you do ,then you must also know ,America must stop Iran from doing just that.
pehaps that beaten down U.S.S.R., has been SUPERPOWER. knows all to well !and waits for you to attack IRAN.While China looks on and ponders how it can devide american soil as spoils of war!

America the arrogant is broke and ashamed of it
and its leaders tremble with the knowledge that their money wont be worth
a bubble gum and tooth pick ,should oil be sold in euros.
and thats exactly what IRAN has said it will do they are switching to euros
how long before the american greenback's deflation will it take the greedy carpet baggers (world bank rollers) to shift to euros when buying oil

the show down is not america against Iran it is America against herself

Last edited:
That is really, really dumb :bs :bs :bs :bs .

oldreliable67 said:
That is really, really dumb :bs :bs :bs :bs .

Let's be "politically correct" here. It's not dumb...it's Canadian.

TOP SECRET YOUR EYES ONLY
The Bourse; Iran’s death-warrant

Iran’s future oil and natural gas wealth foreshadow its growth into a regional competitor to Israel as well as an energy-independent powerhouse. Their stated intention to sell resources via their own, homegrown bourse, is a direct threat to the existing economic system. It would greatly increase trade in petro-euros and send the dollar into a downward spiral. The importance of this cannot be overstated. The heart-and-soul of the empire is the Greenback; that flaccid, debt-ridden hoax that props-up the entire rickety structure of state-terror. The $8 trillion dollars of accumulated debt that underwrites the greenback requires that the world continue to buy oil in dollars. The transition from dollars to petro-euros is a direct assault on a system that forces the lavish debt of the wealthiest nations onto the shoulders of the world’s poorest people. If the dollar falls from its place of prominence then the global power-structure would shift dramatically from the hands of western elites to the nations with the most resources. America’s corporate and financial giants will never allow that to happen, not as long as there’s one missile left in an American silo

no neocon would even dare to dispute or even try to expand on these lines they would only appear silly to the world !
their only response would be a sly wink ,and a quick "thats crazy"
the only thing thats really crazy is that America owe 8 trillion$ and it is underpinned on a hoax

IRAN is about to lower the boom
AMERICA flexes it's mighty power all around IRAN TO persuade IRAN TO change her course
but should she dare attack Iran russia and china would make sure IRAN would not be troubled any longer.they know america is broke weary and desperate

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to jump on the bandwagon and agree that Canuck is an idiot. He obviously knows nothing of international politics if he thinks there is even a small possibility of this happening in the near future.

The idea of a war with Iran is unfeasible on every possible level. The American government does not have the military or financial capability to easily destroy Iran, and the Bush Administration isn't about to commit political suicide by launching a long-term invasion or an air strike that wouldn't eliminate all the nuclear sites anyway.

Kandahar said:
I'm gonna have to jump on the bandwagon and agree that Canuck is an idiot. He obviously knows nothing of international politics if he thinks there is even a small possibility of this happening in the near future.

I never said that. Not directly anyway.

That's not to say I didn't think it.

I'm not saying going into Iran is completely out of the question, but I will say that is highly unlikely enough to make it practically out of the question.

We'll hint differently, to keep them honest, but this whole problem can be solved with one airstrike. That is EXACTLY what we'll do, if it becomes necessary.

DocAR said:
I never said that. Not directly anyway.

That's not to say I didn't think it.

I'm not saying going into Iran is completely out of the question, but I will say that is highly unlikely enough to make it practically out of the question.

We'll hint differently, to keep them honest, but this whole problem can be solved with one airstrike. That is EXACTLY what we'll do, if it becomes necessary.

this is the real news

Iran’s future oil and natural gas wealth foreshadow its growth into a regional competitor to Israel as well as an energy-independent powerhouse. Their stated intention to sell resources via their own, homegrown bourse, is a direct threat to the existing economic system. It would greatly increase trade in petro-euros and send the dollar into a downward spiral. The importance of this cannot be overstated. The heart-and-soul of the empire is the Greenback; that flaccid, debt-ridden hoax that props-up the entire rickety structure of state-terror. The $8 trillion dollars of accumulated debt that underwrites the greenback requires that the world continue to buy oil in dollars. The transition from dollars to petro-euros is a direct assault on a system that forces the lavish debt of the wealthiest nations onto the shoulders of the world’s poorest people. If the dollar falls from its place of prominence then the global power-structure would shift dramatically from the hands of western elites to the nations with the most resources. America’s corporate and financial giants will never allow that to happen, not as long as there’s one missile left in an American silo

the rest was my own interpretation

I am willing to debate anyone on the above assumptions though

you wont find a NEOcon up to the challenge,they know they would look silly to the world.best you will get from them is a sly remark!

Last edited:
Canuck said:
this is the real news

As you see it.
Iran’s future oil and natural gas wealth foreshadow its growth into a regional competitor to Israel as well as an energy-independent powerhouse.
The great energy producer Isreal?
Their stated intention to sell resources via their own, homegrown bourse, is a direct threat to the existing economic system.
Iran vs. the world?

It would greatly increase trade in petro-euros and send the dollar into a downward spiral. The importance of this cannot be overstated.
Speculation.

The heart-and-soul of the empire is the Greenback; that flaccid, debt-ridden hoax that props-up the entire rickety structure of state-terror.
So much bullshit in that sentance I don't know where to begin.
The $8 trillion dollars of accumulated debt that underwrites the greenback requires that the world continue to buy oil in dollars.
This nation can economically crush most any other country with a word. Most countries are beholden to us by their goods Americans purchase. That can change in the blink of the eye.

The transition from dollars to petro-euros is a direct assault on a system that forces the lavish debt of the wealthiest nations onto the shoulders of the world’s poorest people.
Let them try. Us Americans don't sweat the small stuff.
If the dollar falls from its place of prominence then the global power-structure would shift dramatically from the hands of western elites to the nations with the most resources.
Only if we choose to allow it.

America’s corporate and financial giants will never allow that to happen, not as long as there’s one missile left in an American silo

We don't need missles to prosper economically. America is the worlds greatest military AND economic powerhouse. We hold all the cards.
Obviously.
There you go sport.
you wont find a NEOcon up to the challenge,they know they would look silly to the world.best you will get from them is a sly remark!

Go rub some more syrup out of your trees, eh?

Class dismissed.

you see with eyes that tell you lies
you didnt read it correctly
your answers dont match

it say compete with isreal in the region for status and it is a super power house of gas and oil of the world

you are aproduct of the lazy generation every thing is wrong before you read it. you cant see truth because it is condemned before you read it
go back to nintendo games you at least good at it

Hey, Canuck.....What do you know of Zahra Kazemi and her symbolism used by Iran to the rest of the world about Canada?

this is the real news

like the one 2 posts up

GySgt said:
Hey, Canuck.....What do you know of Zahra Kazemi and her symbolism used by Iran to the rest of the world about Canada?

I think you have asked this cumquat enough to know he doesnt know a dam thing about this person. Thats why I put all canadians on ignore

Canuck said:
this is the real news

like the one 2 posts up

What a petulant little boy you are. You posted this swill before on this thread and on at least one other thread. Obviously your very proud of this bullshit post. Your bad. You ask for debate then don't bring it. You will not answer direct questions. I guess you're the type who thinks say it often and loud enough and some may come to believe.

The noecon you ask for is right here.

You got nothing boy.

I got my eye on you.

Uh oh teachers got an eye on someone. And you dont want teacher putting his eye on you. This is grave to your health

Last year (Aug 2004), an Iranian security agent beat a female Canadian photojournalist to death in a Tehran prison. Apart from recalling its ambassador—a meaningless gesture given Ottawa’s weakness—the Canadian government was impotent to respond and merely 'publicly' demanded a trial. The Iranians agreed to hold a trial. After all, the killer’s identity was no secret, the circumstances were well known and there had never been serious charges against the victim, Zahra Kazemi, an Iranian-born Canadian citizen. The trial was a mockery. The acknowledged murderer was acquitted, of course. Months before the trial, Ms. Kazemi, whose skull had been crushed, was ruled to have died of natural causes. The regime hardliners had a grand, old laugh while thumbing their noses at Canada.

Canada’s response? The fact is that Canada is powerless to do anything. The hardliners of Iran took that into account as they methodically chose their victim. Ottawa was simply judged as unable and unwilling to respond to such a murder. Far more emigres active in Iranian affairs or journalism hold U.S. or British passports. They were safe enough, because killing a journalist protected by the great Anglo-American alliance would have been risky. What would Ottawa do?

This cynical murder should resound more powerfully than it has done. Canadians on the left may not like it, but the unmistakable lesson for Canada is that, when it defected from the great Anglolateral alliance that has defended freedom for almost a century, it lost its influence, its authority and the weight of collective power.

It’s all too easy to write off Canada as a parka-enshrouded land of strategic freeloaders, economic parasites who complain as they profit, kept safe by their proximity to the superpower they love to criticize. But the truth is that we only hear the noisy, down-with-America Canadians, like Canuck, who represent but a fraction of Canadas population (all that French influence at work). I like to think that there are far more goodwill, common sense and courage to the north than the Canadian media likes to admit.

Until Canada again stands shoulder to shoulder with her inevitable allies—those who share her core cultural heritage of the rule of law, democracy and the rights of the individual citizen—Ottawa will remain powerless, disdained by rogue states and manipulative Europeans alike.

In the last century, Canada fought heroically on the side of the brotherhood of English-speaking nations—the world’s only enduring alliance for freedom. I would that many within Canada’s military were ashamed that they were not allowed to do their share in the liberation of Iraq. Peacekeeping missions are well and good, but every soldier knows that what really counts is the willingness to give blood by your brother’s side. They need to rejoin the fold and stand, once again, against tyranny, against murderous ideologies, against the world’s deadly bigots. Some may not care for President Bush, but he hasn’t smashed in the skull of any Canadian citizens lately.

Back
Top Bottom