• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

IRAN war looms closer

GySgt said:
Last year (Aug 2004), an Iranian security agent beat a female Canadian photojournalist to death in a Tehran prison. Apart from recalling its ambassador—a meaningless gesture given Ottawa’s weakness—the Canadian government was impotent to respond and merely 'publicly' demanded a trial. The Iranians agreed to hold a trial. After all, the killer’s identity was no secret, the circumstances were well known and there had never been serious charges against the victim, Zahra Kazemi, an Iranian-born Canadian citizen. The trial was a mockery. The acknowledged murderer was acquitted, of course. Months before the trial, Ms. Kazemi, whose skull had been crushed, was ruled to have died of natural causes. The regime hardliners had a grand, old laugh while thumbing their noses at Canada.

Canada’s response? The fact is that Canada is powerless to do anything. The hardliners of Iran took that into account as they methodically chose their victim. Ottawa was simply judged as unable and unwilling to respond to such a murder. Far more emigres active in Iranian affairs or journalism hold U.S. or British passports. They were safe enough, because killing a journalist protected by the great Anglo-American alliance would have been risky. What would Ottawa do?

This cynical murder should resound more powerfully than it has done. Canadians on the left may not like it, but the unmistakable lesson for Canada is that, when it defected from the great Anglolateral alliance that has defended freedom for almost a century, it lost its influence, its authority and the weight of collective power.

It’s all too easy to write off Canada as a parka-enshrouded land of strategic freeloaders, economic parasites who complain as they profit, kept safe by their proximity to the superpower they love to criticize. But the truth is that we only hear the noisy, down-with-America Canadians, like Canuck, who represent but a fraction of Canadas population (all that French influence at work). I like to think that there are far more goodwill, common sense and courage to the north than the Canadian media likes to admit.

Until Canada again stands shoulder to shoulder with her inevitable allies—those who share her core cultural heritage of the rule of law, democracy and the rights of the individual citizen—Ottawa will remain powerless, disdained by rogue states and manipulative Europeans alike.

In the last century, Canada fought heroically on the side of the brotherhood of English-speaking nations—the world’s only enduring alliance for freedom. I would that many within Canada’s military were ashamed that they were not allowed to do their share in the liberation of Iraq. Peacekeeping missions are well and good, but every soldier knows that what really counts is the willingness to give blood by your brother’s side.

They need to rejoin the fold and stand, once again, against tyranny, against murderous ideologies, against the world’s deadly bigots. Some may not care for President Bush, but he hasn’t smashed in the skull of any Canadian citizens lately.

How many Canadians would be dead if they would have went into Iraq with us? I bet more than one journalist and I doubt there are many Canadians at all that think that going into Iraq with America would have been a good idea. The majority of Americans don't even think that going into Iraq was a good idea.

That said, Canada might as well be another state. They are just like America, just with higher taxes and better retirement (oh and some damn good fishing).

tell lush er bush we dont do preemptive stks
on defenseless third world nations
you may have the mega ton toys ,but always remember canada has the real power the mega watt.and all the clean water in NA too
better do as we say ,or when your $ hits .0002 cents in value
we may decide to turn it all off and let you grope in the dark, cold and thirsty
in your deepest hour of need!

Last edited:
SouthernDemocrat said:
How many Canadians would be dead if they would have went into Iraq with us? I bet more than one journalist and I doubt there are many Canadians at all that think that going into Iraq with America would have been a good idea. The majority of Americans don't even think that going into Iraq was a good idea.

That said, Canada might as well be another state. They are just like America, just with higher taxes and better retirement (oh and some damn good fishing).

The people may be like america but not in the french part which is the most populated province. Canadians are highly different.

SouthernDemocrat said:

They didn't use to be like this. They have grown into a mentality of slothfullness. They have focused solely on themselves and their well being while depending on American influence and military. Like much of the world that has done nothing since the end of WWII (because we all know evil was vanquished) they take complete advantage of American presence.

GySgt said:
They didn't use to be like this. They have grown into a mentality of slothfullness. They have focused solely on themselves and their well being while depending on American influence and military. Like much of the world that has done nothing since the end of WWII (because we all know evil was vanquished) they take complete advantage of American presence.

Yep they miles well pair up with the ACLU they tend to love mental disorders. Especially french speaking ones. On the other hand, Vancouver was much like the US. The poeple there were awesome too.

Canuck said:
tell lush er bush we dont do preemptive stks
on defenseless third world nations
you may have the mega ton toys ,but always remember canada has the real power the mega watt.and all the clean water in NA too
better do as we say ,or when your $ hits .0002 cents in value
we may decide to turn it all off and let you grope in the dark, cold and thirsty
in your deepest hour of need!

At American expense. Tell you what....you talk to Ottawa and have them build up their military and protect North America and assume American duties abroad...and we will focus solely on ourselves at your expense for a change. Deal?

...and what your government really is saying is that no Canadian citizen is worth it. At least not a beaten to death female journalist named Zahra Kazemi.

Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat

well you guys cant shoot straight,your pilots kill canadians because they are dumb ,a product of a dumbed down education system

In canda we now are debating, if should go down ,and march on washinton.
to demand bush be drawn and qtred for high crimes agianst humanity
he makes all nervous, and we want our medicare reimbursed.

yeah fishing is top notch
we have waters here no white man has fished yet

you americans take politics to seriously you dont laugh at jokes you think they are insults silly boys.
I'm just average,common to. to talk to me is like talking to you
were all AMericans here you think only usa residents are americans because your arrogant is all.

when it comes to politics you gotta learn to play it like the big boys ,your leaders
seem like you do nothing ,and then boom preemptive strikes better get you act together or we will come down there with or rubber duckies and beat some sense into you
remeber it wont be long when we will all have the same currency
better be good partner tho we dont like indians givers

Last edited:
Canuck said:
Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat

well you guys cant shoot straight,your pilots kill canadians because they are dumb ,a product of a dumbed down education system

In canda we now are debating, if should go down ,and march on washinton.
to demand bush be drawn and qtred for high crimes agianst humanity
he makes all nervous, and we want our medicare reimbursed.

yeah fishing is top notch
we have waters here no white man has fished yet

you americans take politics to seriously you dont laugh at jokes you think they are insults silly boys.
I'm just average,common to. to talk to me is like talking to you
were all AMericans here you think only usa residents are americans because your arrogant is all.

when it comes to politics you gotta learn to play it like the big boys ,your leaders
seem like you do nothing ,and then boom preemptive strikes

And canada has better pilots? :lol: :rofl

SKILMATIC said:
And canada has better pilots? :lol: :rofl
pilots why you need pilots

if you only knew what US -America has up here on her secret bases .

Canuck said:
pilots why you need pilots

if you only knew what US -America has up here on her secret bases .

Please elaborate for me with your very complex grammatic and english skills. I would love to learn more about these secret bases. :lol:

If they are so secret then why do you know about them?

well didnt you hear clean your ears

S E C R E T
do understnad

msg we lev 7 clearance

when you look for absolute 100% substantated truth
you only get to see 60% of the truth
rember this lesson ,as you grow older ,you will indeed repeat that mantra.

Back
Top Bottom