• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iran to stone another Woman to death

Well ever heard of the Spanish Inquisition? were thousands were killed just because they werent Christian.

Well did you ever hear that a) the Spanish Inquisition ended more than 300 years ago and b) a grand total of 1080 documentable executions took place during the entire 160 years of the Spanish Inquisition which is less than people killed by Islamists annually?

O ok fine ill look at the way you guys do from now on .....*cough*

It is disgusting to see such a flippant and insensitive attitude, towards the rights of other human beings.

O ok fine ill look at the way you guys do from now on .....*cough* "ok its about time we sat these crazy muslums down and tell them there practices are crazy and if they dont listen we should invade or nuke them! Then we force western indoctrination down there throat until they convert! " ....Im i doing good so far?

Yes because we have both stated that we should invade and/or nuke Iran. :roll: And if you consider promoting not stoning innocent women to death to be "western indoctrination" then you have some serious issues with women.

Yes because we have both stated that we should invade and/or nuke Iran. :roll: And if you consider promoting not stoning innocent women to death to be "western indoctrination" then you have some serious issues with women.

No im am just tolerate of other cultures which you obvously are not.

I wonder how many lashes she'll receive.

I think, sometimes these governments issue these stonings etc threats and then pardon, as a way to get the attention of western governments and human rights groups. I am not sure why they try to get this attention. I think, it is either to demonstrate that they do have human rights standards, because they do mercy pardons, or to show that they can do exactly what they want and to demonstrate that what they see as western culture(human rights standards) will not be adopted by them. I think, it is an attempt to say to the west, that they dont give a toss about the sanctions and anything else that can be used against them. It is a display of petulance, at the expense of women.

Well did you ever hear that a) the Spanish Inquisition ended more than 300 years ago and b) a grand total of 1080 documentable executions took place during the entire 160 years of the Spanish Inquisition which is less than people killed by Islamists annually?

So what how is it different ? You said, "call me when every major Christian sect starts supporting murdering people for apostasy and homosexuality then you might have a relevant comparison between Islam and Christianity." well ring ring already happened (as far as the murdering part goes at least)

No im am just tolerate of other cultures which you obvously are not.

You are tolerant of stoning innocent women to death? That's pretty ****ed up if you ask me. Why aren't you tolerant of the long held cultural tradition of European pogroms against Jews? How about human sacrifice? Cannibalism? Burning witches? We're not talking about a cultural tradition where someone wear's a seemingly bizarre article clothing or prays to a different god, we're talking about the murder of an innocent woman. Seriously, there's a difference between tolerance and justifying the unjustifiable.

It is disgusting to see such a flippant and insensitive attitude, towards the rights of other human beings.

Ok then what are you doing to help this women then if you care so much besides debating about it on the internet?

You are tolerant of stoning innocent women to death? That's pretty ****ed up if you ask me. Why aren't you tolerant of the long held cultural tradition of European pogroms against Jews? How about human sacrifice? Cannibalism? Burning witches? We're not talking about a cultural tradition where someone wear's a seemingly bizarre article clothing or prays to a different god, we're talking about the murder of an innocent woman. Seriously, there's a difference between tolerance and justifying the unjustifiable.

No i dont personlally support any of those things all im saying is thats the law over there and thats been around for along time so maybe that dont know anything else and if you "care" so much what are you doing to help this woman besides debating about it on the internet?

So what how is it different ? You said, "call me when every major Christian sect starts supporting murdering people for apostasy and homosexuality then you might have a relevant comparison between Islam and Christianity." well ring ring already happened (as far as the murdering part goes at least)

Yes it "already happened" as in past tense, as in it doesn't happen anymore. I understand that Christianity is an inherently violent and oppressive ideology, however, unlike Islam they no longer hold apostasy and homosexuality to be crimes and certainly not capital offenses, when they start holding apostasy and homosexuality to be capital offenses again give me a ring and I will be just as vocal in my condemnation of Christianity as I am in my condemnation of Islam, but as of now it is Islam rather than Christianity which is of more serious concern.

Yes it "already happened" as in past tense, as in it doesn't happen anymore. I understand that Christianity is an inherently violent and oppressive ideology, however, unlike Islam they no longer hold apostasy and homosexuality to be crimes and certainly not capital offenses, when they start holding apostasy and homosexuality to be capital offenses again give me a ring and I will be just as vocal in my condemnation of Christianity as I am in my condemnation of Islam, but as of now it is Islam rather than Christianity which is of more serious concern.

Hm then were are in argrement on something but what about Westboro Baptist Church who would most likley do things like this if they had it there way.

No i dont personlally support any of those things all im saying is thats the law over there and thats been around for along time so maybe that dont know anything else

You said that we should be tolerant of these practices, meaning that you clearly support Muslims executing innocent women.

and if you "care" so much what are you doing to help this woman besides debating about it on the internet?

Jump on a plane and fly to Iran. :roll: I can tell you what I'm "not" going to do, I'm not going to preach tolerance of stoning innocent women to death as you have done.

Hm then were are in argrement on something but what about Westboro Baptist Church who would most likley do things like this if they had it there way.

They are not a major Christian sect, all five major Islamic sects promote the death penalty for apostasy and homosexuality.

...what are you doing to help this woman besides debating about it on the internet?

Talking about it is doing something, because it is it making others aware, so they also get more vocal, which is what organisations such as Amnesty do. It may be a drop in the ocean and not seem like much, but peaceful protest generally is not as dramatic looking as other forms, to witness.

You said that we should be tolerant of these practices, meaning that you clearly support Muslims executing innocent women.

Jump on a plane and fly to Iran. :roll: I can tell you what I'm "not" going to do, I'm not going to preach tolerance of stoning innocent women to death as you have done.

I ment we should be understanding because they dont know anything else( this is why "reveiled religion" is so dangerous) because it has been practiced so long that in know way says i support Muslims executing women.

And its easy for someone to say what they wont do, but if im so horrible then what are doing to help the situation for this woman.

They are not a major Christian sect, all five major Islamic sects promote the death penalty for apostasy and homosexuality.

How are they not? Like what are the qualifications to be a major Christian sect? ( im not trying to argue this im actually just curous)

I never stated that we should intervene, though I have stated that Iran is an illegitimate regime thus their sovereignty is null and void, the only sovereignty I believe in anyways is individual sovereignty.

That's not the way international politics works and you know it. Iran is sovereign regardless of its internal affairs. I too favor the individual but it's unrealistic to say that they lose their sovereignty just because you don't like the regime.

Ya in your world where capital punishment for murder is the moral equivalent to stoning an innocent woman to death. Your country would find itself in quite a pickle as well as it utilizes life imprisonment in supermax facilities where innocent men and women can find themselves in 23 hour solitary lock down for the rest of their lives which is far less humanitarian than the death penalty.

That's true... innocent people also get life sentences, but there is always hope that new evidence will exonerate them. That can never happen if they are executed. However, it's worth noting that Canada's life sentencing protocols are not anywhere as severe as the U.S. "Life" in Canada largely means 25 years and often this comes with the ability to parole. Only the worst of the worst get true life sentences. Canada has a big rehabilitation apparatus attached to the incarceration system. There aren't that many criminals that get tossed away permanently.

If you are trying to say that my country is also immoral, I can agree with you in some respects, but your country supporting capital punishment and the three strikes rule for felonies trumps all that. Not to mention the obscene drug laws.

Stoning a woman to death is no different than electrocuting, gassing, or hanging a person to death. I do not support state endorsed murder. There is always a choice and you don't have to choose to end a life.

Say what?

I highly recommend you read The Killing Fields if you haven't already.

I ment we should be understanding because they dont know anything else( this is why "reveiled religion" is so dangerous) because it has been practiced so long that in know way says i support Muslims executing women.

Why the hell should we be understanding of executing innocent women? Again that is like saying we should have been understanding of the Nazi's executing innocent Jews. Tolerance of intolerance is not a virtue.

And its easy for someone to say what they wont do, but if im so horrible then what are doing to help the situation for this woman.

Spreading awareness not saying that we should be tolerant of it, or drawing moral equivalencies in an attempt to justify it which is what you are doing.

Why the hell should we be understanding of executing innocent women? Again that is like saying we should have been understanding of the Nazi's executing innocent Jews. Tolerance of intolerance is not a virtue.

Spreading awareness not saying that we should be tolerant of it, or drawing moral equivalencies in an attempt to justify it which is what you are doing.

No it is not this woman is not Jewish she is being punished under ther capital punishment system the Nazi comparison doesnt work.

Last edited:
That's not the way international politics works and you know it. Iran is sovereign regardless of its internal affairs. I too favor the individual but it's unrealistic to say that they lose their sovereignty just because you don't like the regime.

That's true... innocent people also get life sentences, but there is always hope that new evidence will exonerate them. That can never happen if they are executed. However, it's worth noting that Canada's life sentencing protocols are not anywhere as severe as the U.S. "Life" in Canada largely means 25 years and often this comes with the ability to parole. Only the worst of the worst get true life sentences. Canada has a big rehabilitation apparatus attached to the incarceration system. There aren't that many criminals that get tossed away permanently.

Canada has a minimum of 25 years and it uses supermax facilities. If an innocent person even spends 10 years in a supermax 23 hour lock down that is far less humanitarian than the death penalty.

If you are trying to say that my country is also immoral, I can agree with you in some respects, but your country supporting capital punishment and the three strikes rule for felonies trumps all that. Not to mention the obscene drug laws.

As long as Canada is still sentencing people to life imprisonment in supermax facilities, you have no business pointing the finger.

Stoning a woman to death is no different than electrocuting, gassing, or hanging a person to death. I do not support state endorsed murder. There is always a choice and you don't have to choose to end a life.

Intentionally stoning an innocent woman to death is no different than accidently sentencing a innocent person to life imprisonment.

I highly recommend you read The Killing Fields if you haven't already.

Yes I know by sponsoring the Khmer Rouge's principle opposition we are responsible for the Khmer Rouge coming to power. :roll:

No it is not this woman is not Jewish she is being punished under ther capital punishment system the Nazi comparison doesnt work.

So killing innocent people is only wrong if they are Jewish? It was a capital offense to be Jewish in Germany, who are you to judge?

Last edited:
So killing innocent people is only wrong if they are Jewish?

No im saying your trying to compare a capital punishment case to murdering out of racism so therefore the camparison makes no sense because this woman isnt being killed out of racism.

How are they not?

Um because they have like less than a hundred members consisting almost exclusively of the Phelps familiy.

Like what are the qualifications to be a major Christian sect? ( im not trying to argue this im actually just curous)

Making up more than .00000005% + of the Christian population would proabably be a good start. I would consider groups; such as, Catholics, Protestants, Eastern Orthodox etc to be major Christian sects.

No im saying your trying to compare a capital punishment case to murdering out of racism so therefore the camparison makes no sense because this woman isnt being killed out of racism.

How is intentionally killing an innocent Jew any different than intentionally killing an innocent woman?

Back
Top Bottom