• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iran to stone another Woman to death

Where were you when Mugabe was starving his citizens to death and murdering them by the thousands?
Tut tutting at those nasty Persians no doubt

So because I didn't denounce every human atrocity in my post that means I can't discuss Iran's death penalty? Please read my post and not deflect to another issue. I have nothing against Persians, and I commend the ones who were killed and arrested for protesting the government after Ahmedinejad "won" the elections. I do, have an issue with the crazy Islamic regime that runs the country.
And by the way, I was not even alive when Mugabe assumed power in Zimbabwe. I'm sorry I didn't denounce him from my mother's ovaries and father's testicles.

So then Iranians have the right to murder innocent women because their religion tells them its o.k.?

Good god not even capital letters help.
Iran is a sovereign country that makes its own laws.
Many people outside the US think that executing people is a barbaric and cruel practice but they do not have influence over the US and have no right to interfere.
What YOU think does not matter.

Yes but Syria is not humiliating the West and so is not in the Western papers as much.
If Syria thumbs its nose at the US the US newspapers will find something to make the American public tut tut and the rest of us will follow

Poor poor Iran getting picked on for stoning innocent women to death. Everybody stop picking on Iran!!! :roll:

Supporting the U.S. and E.U. sanctions imposed on his regime.

Sanctions are a joke...see Iran lol
Millions of people are starving in Zimbabwe because of Mugabe...Lets freeze a few of his accounts and refuse to trade with them....

Poor poor Iran getting picked on for stoning innocent women to death. Everybody stop picking on Iran!!! :roll:

What the hell are you on about how could you think that you are picking on Iran?
Is that the best you can do?
You are not capable of picking on Iran..that is the joke

Good god not even capital letters help.
Iran is a sovereign country that makes its own laws.

The Iranian regime is an afront to the right of individual and popular sovereignty and has no right to exist. State sovereignty is illegitimate.

Many people outside the US think that executing people is a barbaric and cruel practice but they do not have influence over the US and have no right to interfere.

They have every right in the world to interfere though I don't see how executing murderers is at all comparable to executing gays, women for having sex, and apostates.

What YOU think does not matter.

Cool beans, so I guess we should all shut up now and stop picking on poor Iran.

So because I didn't denounce every human atrocity in my post that means I can't discuss Iran's death penalty? Please read my post and not deflect to another issue. I have nothing against Persians, and I commend the ones who were killed and arrested for protesting the government after Ahmedinejad "won" the elections. I do, have an issue with the crazy Islamic regime that runs the country.
And by the way, I was not even alive when Mugabe assumed power in Zimbabwe. I'm sorry I didn't denounce him from my mother's ovaries and father's testicles.

You wasnt alive when the Shah of Iran was ousted then but you still are berating the regime that over threw him.

Why do you think it is relevant that you were not born when Mugabe was voted into power?

What the hell are you on about how could you think that you are picking on Iran?
Is that the best you can do?
You are not capable of picking on Iran..that is the joke

You think we're picking on Iran and have said we should stop. I feel for you, poor maligned Iran is the victim here not the innocent woman who is going to be stoned to death.

The Iranian regime is an afront to the right of individual and popular sovereignty and has no right to exist. State sovereignty is illegitimate.

They have every right in the world to interfere though I don't see how executing murderers is at all comparable to executing gays, women for having sex, and apostates.

Cool beans, so I guess we should all shut up now and stop picking on poor Iran.

You say they should not exist ..they exist whether you like it or not.

In Iran being gay or committing adultery is seen as a capital crime ..thats why they're stoning and hanging them.

Once again I will point out that you are not capable of picking on Iran ,so there is no call to stop.

The Shah was exponentially better than the current regime.

Just as Iraq was better off with Saddam than the present regime.
Incidentally the Shah of Iran was just as brutal as Saddam was...but hell he was one of our guys!

You wasnt alive when the Shah of Iran was ousted then but you still are berating the regime that over threw him.

Why do you think it is relevant that you were not born when Mugabe was voted into power?

I denounce Mugabe too even though I wasn't alive when he rose to power. Regardless, this has absolutely nothing to do with the debate. Please address my post and stop going on tangents trying to render my opinion invalid because of "x."

Yes but Syria is not humiliating the West and so is not in the Western papers as much.
If Syria thumbs its nose at the US the US newspapers will find something to make the American public tut tut and the rest of us will follow

Well you dont need to look far. Obviously, that should be a call for change within Syria.

I denounce Mugabe too even though I wasn't alive when he rose to power. Regardless, this has absolutely nothing to do with the debate. Please address my post and stop going on tangents trying to render my opinion invalid because of "x."

It is not me that has gone off at a tangent.
My point was why make such a fuss about one womans suffering when there are far more dreadful regimes doing far more dreadful things to its citizens.

You seemed to have got it into your head that you must have been born before a regime comes to power to comment on it.
I do not believe that your opinion is invalid. I believe it is selective

Well you dont need to look far. Obviously, that should be a call for change within Syria.

I agree Syria seems to feel empowered enough to threaten Israel.
A call for change in Syria is just that ..a call

I agree Syria seems to feel empowered enough to threaten Israel.
A call for change in Syria is just that ..a call

An actionable change? What difference does it make that's completely off topic. Your being an apologist to oppressive regimes, that's the problem here.

An actionable change? What difference does it make that's completely off topic. Your being an apologist to oppressive regimes, that's the problem here.

You are the one that suggested a call for change in Syria..dont you read your own posts.
When have I apologised for an oppressive regime?..youre not even reading my posts

Just as Iraq was better off with Saddam than the present regime.
Incidentally the Shah of Iran was just as brutal as Saddam was...but hell he was one of our guys!

No Saddam was far more brutal and oppressive than the current Iraqi government, the current Iranian government is far more brutal and oppressive than the Shah. Iran under the Shah was a Constitutional monarchy, albeit an authoritarian one it in no way compares to the totalitarian Baathist regime modeled after the Nazi police state. Quite frankly you have no clue what you're talking about.

You say they should not exist ..they exist whether you like it or not.

In Iran being gay or committing adultery is seen as a capital crime ..thats why they're stoning and hanging them.

So in your world an illegitimate state has the right to do whatever they want to whomever they want within their own borders. Absurd.

Once again I will point out that you are not capable of picking on Iran ,so there is no call to stop.

You said we were picking on Iran, those are your exact words.

When have I apologised for an oppressive regime?..

This entire ****ing thread. You have minimized the action, you have drawn moral equivalencies for the action, you have suggested that we should ignore the action, and most laughably of all you have portrayed the Iranian regime as the victim by stating that they are being picked on.

Last edited:

Can't you see, Iran is the unfair victim of unfair anti-Iranian propaganda produced by the great satan, stopping picking on the Iranian regime, they are the victim here after all the woman is guilty.

The Shah is the reason for the current regime.

Well if you want to take that tact then Mossadeq is responsible for the Shah. Upon being appointed by the Shah and ratified by the Majiles Mossadeq dissolved the parliament through a fraudulent referendum in which he gained a 99.9% yay vote, Mossadeq's attempted coup led directly to an increase in the Shah's authoritarianism.

But in actuality the only reason why the Shah was overthrown is not because he was to authoritarian it was because he was to liberal for the Islamist clerical cast who led the revolt after the Shah took the educational institutions out of their hands.

Islamist radicalism not the Shah's authoritarianism is reason for the current Iranian regime.

Last edited:
It is not me that has gone off at a tangent.
My point was why make such a fuss about one womans suffering when there are far more dreadful regimes doing far more dreadful things to its citizens.

You seemed to have got it into your head that you must have been born before a regime comes to power to comment on it.
I do not believe that your opinion is invalid. I believe it is selective

Where did I go off on a tangent? I disagree with lots of things going on around the world, but this topic is specifically about Iran and this woman who is sentenced to die by stoning even against their own laws. I can't denounce everything in one post, and I don't have to in order to justify my position. sure there may be worse things around the world, but that doesn't pardon what I ran is doing. How is my opinion selective? This thread is selective (and rightly so), the issue is about Iran and this woman.

She didn't understand the language, confessed under duress and did not get a fair hearing.
How barbaric but nothing I shouldn't expect I suppose considering the source.

Back
Top Bottom