• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iran thumbs nose at US even as Obama rallies support for nuke deal

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Iran thumbs nose at US even as Obama rallies support for nuke deal | Fox News

Even as President Obama was securing the Senate support necessary to assure passage of the nuclear deal with Iran, Tehran's top defense officials were scoffing at U.S. claims the pact will restrict the Islamic Republic's military ambitions.

The president has been twisting arms and Secretary of State John Kerry reassuring lawmakers that the deal between Iran and the P5 +1 - members of the UN Security Council plus Germany - will ensure international inspections and bar Iran from ever developing nuclear weapons. This week, Sen. Barbara Mikulski, D-Md., became the 34th member of the Senate to back the controversial and unpopular deal, meaning that if it is defeated in a vote as expected, Obama will have enough support to sustain his certain veto. But Iran's military brass has answered the U.S. nose-counting by thumbing their nose at America.

Iran does not plan to issue permission for the [International Atomic Energy Agency] to inspect every site," Iranian Defense Minister Brig. Gen. Hossein Dehqan told Al Mayadeen News Wednesday.

More evidence the deal is a joke.

I just can't understand how anyone can support this "deal" with a straight face? US politics aside, this is a threat to the west, the US specifically, the Middle East, Israel specifically, and the world as a whole.

If we don't at least try this deal, the only alternative is war. The sanctions will not stand because China, Russia and the EU are dropping theirs.

Couldn't they just be playing tough, you know, for their masses?

I swear, this deal seems to be all over the place and Iran is as insufferable and bratty as ever.

More evidence that you dont understand the deal....
Irans military has:
1.)the capability to build a bomb?
2.)the will to build a bomb?
3.)The capability of doing so in secret?
4.)Also what countries allows complete openness to military inspections?
5.)Many of the answers to those questions can be found here:
aaapee.png

Frequently Asked Questions About the Iran Deal - Part One | Arms Control Association
34tbnet.png

2lj1hty.png

2ns3klj.png

ny718k.png

Frequently Asked Questions About The Iran Deal - Part Two | Arms Control Association

More evidence that you dont understand the deal....
Irans military has:
1.)the capability to build a bomb?
2.)the will to build a bomb?
3.)The capability of doing so in secret?
4.)Also what countries allows complete openness to military inspections?
5.)Many of the answers to those questions can be found here:
aaapee.png

Frequently Asked Questions About the Iran Deal - Part One | Arms Control Association
34tbnet.png

2lj1hty.png

2ns3klj.png

ny718k.png

Frequently Asked Questions About The Iran Deal - Part Two | Arms Control Association

You think Iran is going to keep it's little promise. z:

So your beef isnt about the contents of the deal?

The majority of Americans and security experts don't believe in this deal. I also think this deal is about winning Peace Prizes.

The majority of Americans and security experts don't believe in this deal.
Got a source for "majority of security experts dont believe in this deal"?

I also think this deal is about winning Peace Prizes.
So about those contents of the deal? Was that a yes or no?

If we don't at least try this deal, the only alternative is war. The sanctions will not stand because China, Russia and the EU are dropping theirs.

Not accurate. The sanctions were working. We could have walked away from the table when the Iranians threw the fit they did, instead of giving in. The sanctions were working. Russia and China wanted to end the sanctions for their own financial benefit. No one else cared. We gave in to Iran, Russia and China. Three countries that ARE NOT our friends or allies.

What you say is what the White House is saying in an attempt to use the "Our way or death" defense. If war was all that was left, we would have bombed them months, if not years, ago. Plus, war is not the only result of using military power. There were lots of other options between a staggered capitulation to Iran (which is what this deal is) and all out War.

I do have an additional point though regarding war. If Iran will get "the bomb" within the next ten years as this deal ensures, then all we have done for sure is delay any potential war to a point down the road when Iran will have the economic strength and military strength to kill us. That is what Obama and Kerry have done to us. To my children and by then, maybe even my grandchildren.

You have literally hundreds of retired military brass supporting it but you all and Faux News know better. LOL!

Damn that foreign born Muslim President! The right, where the marginalized have become mainstream.

Four years? I haven't been on here more than four months.

What is with this line of thought? Have we been at war with iran for the last 10 years or something?

You have literally hundreds of retired military brass supporting it but you all and Faux News know better. LOL!
It's not striking to you that the very people that support the deal have an interest to wage war, while the media sells the deal as the "only" means to prevent?

Also, if the president is so "saintly" that he will prevent war at any cost, why don't we make him go back to the negotiation table to get a better deal for us?

It really does not matter the subject material Obama The Traitor is full of racially motivated hate for our largely white history and he will do his best to bring our country down to ghetto level in the eyes of the world. Wait and see what that pig does in his final months in office.

Wow. Lunatic fringe.

Four years? I haven't been on here more than four months.

Your profile says you joined July of 2011, how strange if you've only in fact been registered for a few months.

Back
Top Bottom