• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iran threatens UAE over Israel deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Iran hates peace. Big surprise there.

$1000 says Iranian proxies will be committing acts of terrorism against the UAE within 5 months.

What’s with the time frame?

$1000 says Iranian proxies will be committing acts of terrorism against the UAE within 5 months.

UAE is sunni so probably no proxies there but they are known for deploying them places like with afghan shias in syria

Regimes have found vile and cynical weapons against Democracy.
"The United States has imposed so many sanctions against Iran that Washington has almost no room for new restrictions," the US presidential aide said.
Before that, Russia did the same irresponsible thing...

Obviously the complete hypocrisy of an american trying to decry Iran for " hating peace " is lost on you, no" big surprise there either". When Iran has a rap sheet 1% the size of the USA's your comments might be treated with only comedic derision. The last time Iran was at war was when the US and others gave their boy in Baghdad SH the green light to attack them and even assited his military at a time they were gassing Iranians and their own

$1000 says both Israel , the US and their proxies in the region have been committing terrorist acts against Iran and Iranians for years prior to this latest development. People in glass houses etc etc

The last time Iran was at war was when the US and others gave their boy in Baghdad SH the green light to attack them and even assited his military at a time they were gassing Iranians and their own
Iran sends/supplies it's own proxies to do their dirty work.

See Gulf War II.
See multiple times against Israel.
Want a somewhat recent example? See Yemen.

Iran sends/supplies it's own proxies to do their dirty work.

See Gulf War II.
See multiple times against Israel.
Want a somewhat recent example? See Yemen.

Just remind me again ..............who initiated Gulf War 1 and 2 ?

Who assisted Saddam Hussein at the time when he was gassing Iranians and his own people?

Who bank rolls the Isreali state attacks on it's neighbours

Syria, Libya , Lebanon ,

Their rap sheet is nowhere near as bad as that of your own nation , a nation whose crimes are global and vast and have destroyed entire countries all around the world from Asia to Latin America and many places in between and yet you have the temerity to talk of other nations " hating peace ". Obviously you don't see the huge hypocrisy in your words. That's a TRumpesque level lack of awareness imo and indicates your willingness to swallow the propaganda of the high priests of your own state. Laughable.

Who assisted Saddam Hussein at the time when he was gassing Iranians and his own people?

Syria, Libya , Lebanon ,

Their rap sheet is nowhere near as bad as that of your own nation , a nation whose crimes are global and vast and have destroyed entire countries all around the world from Asia to Latin America and many places in between and yet you have the temerity to talk of other nations " hating peace ". Obviously you don't see the huge hypocrisy in your words. That's a TRumpesque level lack of awareness imo and indicates your willingness to swallow the propaganda of the high priests of your own state. Laughable.

Who initiated Gulf War 1 and 2 ? Saddam Hussein.

One for attacking Kuwait.

The other for refusing to live up to the surrender agreements made at the end of Gulf War 1.

Who initiated Gulf War 1 and 2 ? Saddam Hussein.

One for attacking Kuwait.

The other for refusing to live up to the surrender agreements made at the end of Gulf War 1.

You mean Kuwait that was profiting from Iraqi oil by slant drilling into it's reserves ?

Or the fact that the " surrender agreement" was designed to keep in in power after the first gulf war ?

Nothing to say about how the USA assisted his military at the very same time he was gassing his own and Iranians ?

Nothing to say about the illegality of the second attack on Iraq ?

You are as blinded by the state propaganda as the poster of the thread itself.

The rap sheet for Iran is local and tiny by comparison to that of the USA, which is global and vastly more damaging..............that's just a something you are going to have to swallow as an undeniable fact

You mean Kuwait that was profiting from Iraqi oil by slant drilling into it's reserves ?

Or the fact that the " surrender agreement" was designed to keep in in power after the first gulf war ?

Nothing to say about how the USA assisted his military at the very same time he was gassing his own and Iranians ?

Nothing to say about the illegality of the second attack on Iraq ?

You are as blinded by the state propaganda as the poster of the thread itself.

The rap sheet for Iran is local and tiny by comparison to that of the USA, which is global and vastly more damaging..............that's just a something you are going to have to swallow as an undeniable fact

The invasion of Kuwait was Saddam's fault and he paid.

The surrender agreement left him in power because the UN mandate was to force Saddam out of Kuwait. Not out of power.

And we assisted Saddam in spite of his use of gas in the waning days of the war. And please share the level of assistance.... And it was the US and others that helped Iraq prosecute Saddam and Chemical Ali for their roles in the Halabja attack and the related genocide of the Kurds.

Last edited:
The invasion of Kuwait was Saddam's fault and he paid.

The surrender agreement left him in power because the UN mandate was to force Saddam out of Kuwait. Not out of power.

And we assisted Saddam in spite of his use of gas in the waning days of the war. And please share the level of assistance.... And it was the US and others that helped Iraq prosecute Saddam and Chemical Ali for their roles in the Halabja attack and the related genocide of the Kurds.

The gulf wars are not the theme of this debate so I will only resopond to this once more seeing as it has been done to death in relevant threads only to see the likes of yourself ( and the author of the OP ) refuse to accept that the USA leaderships are a crucial factor and hands on players in regional disputes that span the globe due to its aim of full spectrum dominance / global hegemony.
The huge hypocrisy of the statement I highlighted in the commentary of the OPster remains intact and your positions will not allow you to be truthful about the vast difference between the war rap sheets of the USA and that of Iran so asking for such will be a waste of my time.

It is a matter of historical record that Bush senior openly addressed the Iraqi people to overthrow SH themselves whilst denying them the means to do so with the double whammy of the US military allowing SH the very means he would need to suppress any attempts at it. Subsequent history has confirmed, what those with any detachment from the state propaganda systems already knew, that the US leadership doesn't give a toss about the Iraqi people so your attempts to foster such a view are doomed to failure in the face of volumnous amounts of evidence to the contrary.

US assistance to SH at the time he was throwing gas around like confetti is not even a contentious claim. They were also giving assistance to Iran at the same time which makes KIssingers expressing the wish that they could " both lose " even more enlightening to the thinking at the time in Washington.

SH was not hung for his role in the gassing of the Kurds in Halabja so your commentary is not based on real knowledge. He was hung for killing around 150 people in a collective punishment act in Dujail in 1982 thus saving others the inconvenience of covering the gassing of the Kurds at Halabja which would have been when the US was actively engaged in providing him the means to know where and when to attack with gas.

There was no UN mandate for GW 2 and thus it remains a war crime of the highest magnitude. No doubt this will be a crime you will defend because of who has committed it.

So, if you wish to start a seperate thread on any one of the above themes feel free but the notion that citizens of the USA that are spouting about Irans " hatred of peace " are not engaging in major league hypocrisy wrt the actions of their own state around the globe remains solid. Maybe you could continue by at least addressing the rap sheets of the two countries being compared but not on the likes of the Gulf Wars etc

Syria, Libya , Lebanon ,

It's a shame how badly the British ****ed up the situation with Israel and Palestine.

Don't you agree?

It's a shame how badly the British ****ed up the situation with Israel and Palestine.

Don't you agree?

Absolutely I agree and would go further saying that I don't consider it to be a " **** up " but the inevitable result of policies/decisions based on the self interest of the British elites. The term " **** up" can denote a certain plausible deniability based on an innocent oversight etc

You see, you wrongly think that I am partisan to the decisions made when Britannia ruled the waves and that I am compelled to deny or defend them when the absolute opposite is true. Unfortunately for people like yourself and the other poster you are the ones that are actually still caught up the in super patriotism that condemns your views to be largely based on loyalty to a flag/nation and the accompanying suseptibility to its propaganda systems. Right ?

Absolutely I agree and would go further saying that I don't consider it to be a " **** up " but the inevitable result of policies/decisions based on the self interest of the British elites. The term " **** up" can denote a certain plausible deniability based on an innocent oversight etc

You see, you wrongly think that I am partisan to the decisions made when Britannia ruled the waves and that I am compelled to deny or defend them when the absolute opposite is true. Unfortunately for people like yourself and the other poster you are the ones that are actually still caught up the in super patriotism that condemns your views to be largely based on loyalty to a flag/nation and the accompanying suseptibility to its propaganda systems. Right ?

I didn't accuse you of anything.

Trump's negotiations have created symbolic agreements between Israel and it's Arab neighbors that can go a long way to help solving the issue over time. Meanwhile these Arab countries are pressuring the Palestinians to come to terms with with Israeli for a long term solution. Iran's money and influence over the Palestinians must end and the Arab's know it.

American liberals could really care less about the Palestinian's. They are all rhetoric, and their ranks are full of anti-Semites.

Trump's negotiations have created symbolic agreements between Israel and it's Arab neighbors that can go a long way to help solving the issue over time. Meanwhile these Arab countries are pressuring the Palestinians to come to terms with with Israeli for a long term solution. Iran's money and influence over the Palestinians must end and the Arab's know it.

American liberals could really care less about the Palestinian's. They are all rhetoric, and their ranks are full of anti-Semites.

That’s a self canceling statement, imo...(the bolded.)

Isn’t one of the conservative’s battle cries that George Soros is behind every nook and cranny?

The gulf wars are not the theme of this debate so I will only resopond to this once more seeing as it has been done to death in relevant threads only to see the likes of yourself ( and the author of the OP ) refuse to accept that the USA leaderships are a crucial factor and hands on players in regional disputes that span the globe due to its aim of full spectrum dominance / global hegemony.
The huge hypocrisy of the statement I highlighted in the commentary of the OPster remains intact and your positions will not allow you to be truthful about the vast difference between the war rap sheets of the USA and that of Iran so asking for such will be a waste of my time.

It is a matter of historical record that Bush senior openly addressed the Iraqi people to overthrow SH themselves whilst denying them the means to do so with the double whammy of the US military allowing SH the very means he would need to suppress any attempts at it. Subsequent history has confirmed, what those with any detachment from the state propaganda systems already knew, that the US leadership doesn't give a toss about the Iraqi people so your attempts to foster such a view are doomed to failure in the face of volumnous amounts of evidence to the contrary.

US assistance to SH at the time he was throwing gas around like confetti is not even a contentious claim. They were also giving assistance to Iran at the same time which makes KIssingers expressing the wish that they could " both lose " even more enlightening to the thinking at the time in Washington.

SH was not hung for his role in the gassing of the Kurds in Halabren so your commentary is not based on real knowledge. He was hung for killing around 150 people in a collective punishment act in Dujail in 1982 thus saving others the inconvenience of covering the gassing of the Kurds at Halabja which would have been when the US was actively engaged in providing him the means to know where and when to attack with gas.

There was no UN mandate for GW 2 and thus it remains a war crime of the highest magnitude. No doubt this will be a crime you will defend because of who has committed it.

So, if you wish to start a seperate thread on any one of the above themes feel free but the notion that citizens of the USA that are spouting about Irans " hatred of peace " are not engaging in major league hypocrisy wrt the actions of their own state around the globe remains solid. Maybe you could continue by at least addressing the rap sheets of the two countries being compared but not on the likes of the Gulf Wars etc

Poor oneworld2...

So driven to try to tie the US into Saddam's bad acts......

When in reality is was Europe and China that facilitated the Chemical Weapons production and employment....

As to GWB encouraging overthrow of teh Saddam regime? Now the US is bad because it DIDN'T aid an armed uprising in Iraq? Make up your mind!

And what did I state was not true in regards to Saddam and Chemical Ali?

Your inferences about " Euros" and the Israel/Palestine situation can only be seen as the "how dare" Euros speak about the ME/Arab world or Israel that they evidently are. Like as though we have no right because of our colonial past without acknowledging that US global hegemony is largely responsible for shaping the current situation. That's a fact but I don't think it disqualifies any Americans from commenting.

To try to hang the hopes of peace on someone as unaware/ignorant as Trump is a dead letter imo. The leaderships of the neighbouring Arab states have been US Israel proxies/allies for quite some time already IE long before Trump and the current situation is just more of the same with everyone trying to stitch up the Palestinians for their own purposes. That will never be a just resolution to the conflict and thus will never offer a resolution worthy of the name.

I disagree with your comments about American liberals and think you are just broadbrushingand attempting to denigrate those of a different opinion

Your inferences about " Euros" and the Israel/Palestine situation can only be seen as the "how dare" Euros speak about the ME/Arab world or Israel that they evidently are. Like as though we have no right because of our colonial past without acknowledging that US global hegemony is largely responsible for shaping the current situation. That's a fact but I don't think it disqualifies any Americans from commenting.

To try to hang the hopes of peace on someone as unaware/ignorant as Trump is a dead letter imo. The leaderships of the neighbouring Arab states have been US Israel proxies/allies for quite some time already IE long before Trump and the current situation is just more of the same with everyone trying to stitch up the Palestinians for their own purposes. That will never be a just resolution to the conflict and thus will never offer a resolution worthy of the name.

I disagree with your comments about American liberals and think you are just broadbrushingand attempting to denigrate those of a different opinion

Well?

How dare the Euro's whine about the Middle East situations?

Europe created many of the screwed up borders. Europe installed many of the governments. France in North Africa and the Middle East. Ditto the British.

The current situation is firmly planted on the dumpster fire of Europe's making.

Poor oneworld2...

So driven to try to tie the US into Saddam's bad acts......

When in reality is was Europe and China that facilitated the Chemical Weapons production and employment....

As to GWB encouraging overthrow of teh Saddam regime? Now the US is bad because it DIDN'T aid an armed uprising in Iraq? Make up your mind!

And what did I state was not true in regards to Saddam and Chemical Ali?

The poverty is in the your own commentary that denies/minimizes the reality of US involvement in the Iran/Iraq war and its assistance in SH ability to target people for gas attacks by an obvious attempt at fudging what is under discussion. It's a dishonest tactic usually used by those that are struggling with their own narratives.

US support including mass credits to the Baghdad regime to fund the war. The overseeing of weapons supplies from third party so he could continue to prosecute the war. The supplying of dual use technology, the use of US military experts, satellite images to help target those about to be gassed. Nobody claimed the US supplied the chemicals, that's your ruse to detract from the list just cited.

Calling for a people to rise up and then denying them the means to do so while at the same time allowing their tormentor the means to suppress them because you prefer him to the possible alternative ( a leadership more friendly to Tehran ) is about as low as it gets imo and only confirms the contempt and disregard the US leaderships have for the Iraqi people.

It is noted you have completely side stepped the illegal war waged by the US and it's lackies in 2003 and the carbage that has left the state in , ongoing.

What you have wrong is that SH was not hung for his role in Halabja but for the killing of around 150 in Dujail in 1982 thus saving the world any chance of hearing who and what were involved in the circumstances around the gas attacks that occured later .

Well?

How dare the Euro's whine about the Middle East situations?

Europe created many of the screwed up borders. Europe installed many of the governments. France in North Africa and the Middle East. Ditto the British.

The current situation is firmly planted on the dumpster fire of Europe's making.

I've already acknowledged the role European colonialism has played in the carnage that is the ME , I am just waiting for the likes of Retired RN and yourself to acknowledge the role of the US for the last 60 years or so. I won't be holding my breath for it that's for sure. To do so requires a step away from the state propaganda system that has indoctrinated you and that doesn't look like it's on the horizon for either of you any time soon

The poverty is in the your own commentary that denies/minimizes the reality of US involvement in the Iran/Iraq war and its assistance in SH ability to target people for gas attacks by an obvious attempt at fudging what is under discussion. It's a dishonest tactic usually used by those that are struggling with their own narratives.

US support including mass credits to the Baghdad regime to fund the war. The overseeing of weapons supplies from third party so he could continue to prosecute the war. The supplying of dual use technology, the use of US military experts, satellite images to help target those about to be gassed. Nobody claimed the US supplied the chemicals, that's your ruse to detract from the list just cited.

Calling for a people to rise up and then denying them the means to do so while at the same time allowing their tormentor the means to suppress them because you prefer him to the possible alternative ( a leadership more friendly to Tehran ) is about as low as it gets imo and only confirms the contempt and disregard the US leaderships have for the Iraqi people.

It is noted you have completely side stepped the illegal war waged by the US and it's lackies in 2003 and the carbage that has left the state in , ongoing.

What you have wrong is that SH was not hung for his role in Halabja but for the killing of around 150 in Dujail in 1982 thus saving the world any chance of hearing who and what were involved in the circumstances around the gas attacks that occured later .

We gave targeting information for Iranian troop movement....

Saddam could choose artillery, airstrikes, tank or infantry to stop the attack.

He chose gas.

Him.

Saddam.

And what dual-use technology aided that use of chemical weapons?

I've already acknowledged the role European colonialism has played in the carnage that is the ME , I am just waiting for the likes of Retired RN and yourself to acknowledge the role of the US for the last 60 years or so. I won't be holding my breath for it that's for sure. To do so requires a step away from the state propaganda system that has indoctrinated you and that doesn't look like it's on the horizon for either of you any time soon

The evil Americans have done is supporting countries that are friendly to the US or are strategic allies.....

Just like every other nation in the world.

The evil Americans have done is supporting countries that are friendly to the US or are strategic allies.....

Just like every other nation in the world.

Defending the crimes of imperialists because you are of that empire is exactly where I expect people like you to be. That's why I said I wouldn't be holding my breath for you to catch up with those that are more independent from the state propaganda system than the likes of yourself.

Thx for proving my point yet again

We gave targeting information for Iranian troop movement....

Saddam could choose artillery, airstrikes, tank or infantry to stop the attack.

He chose gas.

Him.

Saddam.

And what dual-use technology aided that use of chemical weapons?

The last sentence is just more of your propensity to invent in order to fudge and thus will be ignored. It's noted you ignored everything else on the list accept for the US assistance in targeting those about to be gassed. They knew he would use gas because that what they knew from early on he was using.

FP said:
It has been previously reported that the United States provided tactical intelligence to Iraq at the same time that officials suspected Hussein would use chemical weapons. But the CIA documents, which sat almost entirely unnoticed in a trove of declassified material at the National Archives in College Park, Md., combined with exclusive interviews with former intelligence officials, reveal new details about the depth of the United States’ knowledge of how and when Iraq employed the deadly agents. They show that senior U.S. officials were being regularly informed about the scale of the nerve gas attacks. They are tantamount to an official American admission of complicity in some of the most gruesome chemical weapons attacks ever launched.

Defending the crimes of imperialists because you are of that empire is exactly where I expect people like you to be. That's why I said I wouldn't be holding my breath for you to catch up with those that are more independent from the state propaganda system than the likes of yourself.

Thx for proving my point yet again

Imperialists....

What a laugh.

Post WWII the US stood on the majority of Western Europe and most of the Pacific....

And how did our "Empire" expand during that time?

It didn't.

The Philippines was already on its way to liberty before the Japanese invaded. Every Western European nation restored same for Germany which remained occupied for some time. Japan restored.

Worst "Empire" building ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom