• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iran take over for United States in Afghanistan?

The Mark

Sporadic insanity normal.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
As described in this youtube video:

Apparently somewhere in the Biden team/administration there's a proposal to set up a deal where Iran takes over for the United States in Afghanistan?
Which, depending how it's set up, could be a workable way to withdraw US forces from the region.

I'm not sure where this creator got his info, because either my search skills have failed me or there are no articles out there about this.

As described in this youtube video:

Apparently somewhere in the Biden team/administration there's a proposal to set up a deal where Iran takes over for the United States in Afghanistan?
Which, depending how it's set up, could be a workable way to withdraw US forces from the region.

I'm not sure where this creator got his info, because either my search skills have failed me or there are no articles out there about this.

Did any of the bright bulbs in this video explain how the Shia (Iran) versus Sunni (Taliban) differences would be settled?

Maybe the creator of that video was referring to this?

Edit: If I'm reading this right, the idea would involve Russia, China, Pakistan, Iran, and India working together, not just Iran.

Ambitious.

Last edited:
Did any of the bright bulbs in this video explain how the Shia (Iran) versus Sunni (Taliban) differences would be settled?

Actually, that's kinda genius.

They'll be punching each other in the face for 50 years.

In 79, we should have taken Iran, and let the russians have Afghanistan.

Presumably the idea is that Iran doesn't want the Talebans at their border, and thus it's in their interest to remove them. And Iran has regional allies within Afghanistan. I still think the idea is dumb.

Back
Top Bottom