• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iran nuclear scientist assassination timing raises questions over US involvement

you don't know what the **** you are talking about

Hamas is not the government of Iran. Iran is a nation state. Like Pakistan.

You post as part of the uneducated right nuts, all Muslims are terrorists nonsense.
Actually "All Islam is terrorist".
some muslims chose to follow the religion as is written, some don't.
How do you tell them apart.

Actually "All Islam is terrorist".
some muslims chose to follow the religion as is written, some don't.
How do you tell them apart.

Great ignorance and hatred in this scribed rebuttal.

Deplorable really.

Great ignorance and hatred in this scribed rebuttal.

Deplorable really.
If you don't know anything about the religion, why do you even comment.

Obviously condemnation of the killing of civilians doen't extend to Iranians.

One can only imagine the outrage had Iran assassinated an Israeli or US scientist involved in their nuclear programmes.

I think there's a level of expectation that this is the sort of thing that goes on over there. While the Iranians will certainly cry foul, it's not quite the same as knocking of scientists in the broad and longstanding programs that the current nuclear powers have. This is a potential weapons developer looking to join the club.

Iran is unlikely to use a nuclear weapon, despite the rhetoric, but nobody wants more countries to have nukes at all. Israel and the gulf states certainly don't want Iran to have the leverage or regional clout that a nuclear arsenal may bring. The US doesn't want a local arms race with perhaps Turkey or the Saudis pursuing WMD. Israel doesn't want any country that can challenge or threaten them, especially not after some of the bellicose talk from Iran.

So it's almost impossible that the US was unaware of this, and most likely that Mossad (or, longshot, maybe the Saudis) initiated it. But hey that's the way folks carry on over there, so just another Tuesday.

I assume the ones you cast your tears for are quite wealthy from stealing the money of the people they were supposed to protect and help prosper and using it to murder civilians.
You continue to try to frame it like I'm shedding tears for "terrorists," because you're trying to distract from my point. Everyone is aware that "terrorists" do some bad things. Shall we have another 20 years of the "war on terrorism"? You want to make several careers of it? It's way past time to retire from it and the barbaric notions that militarism, in all of its brutal and ugly ways, is some kind of noble solution.

You do not do well assimilating ideas and concepts.

You would be wise to read and listen, learn.

peace
Your vague claims in this comment are completely unsupported. My commentary is clear, strong, and well-principled. You're not fooling anyone, not even yourself. You have no special knowledge to "school us" with, as I explained.

Do you have any good principles that direct your commentary?

Iran was swift to blame Israel for the assassination of its top nuclear scientist, Mohsen Fakhrizadeh.
Indeed, eliminating targets in their cars is believed to be the hallmark of Israel’s intelligence agency, Mossad, which deployed the tactic on several Iranian nuclear scientists between 2010 and 2012.
But the timing of the attack also raises questions about US involvement, coming just weeks after Donald Trump is said to have sought options to strike Iran over its nuclear programme.

Iran nuclear scientist assassination timing raises questions over US involvement (yahoo.com)

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.....
Iran is the enemy. They will always be the enemy. Biden will coddle them just as Obama did. Iran is the largest sponsor of terrorism. Nothing good is coming out of Iran.

Iran was swift to blame Israel for the assassination of its top nuclear scientist, Mohsen Fakhrizadeh.
Indeed, eliminating targets in their cars is believed to be the hallmark of Israel’s intelligence agency, Mossad, which deployed the tactic on several Iranian nuclear scientists between 2010 and 2012.
But the timing of the attack also raises questions about US involvement, coming just weeks after Donald Trump is said to have sought options to strike Iran over its nuclear programme.

Iran nuclear scientist assassination timing raises questions over US involvement (yahoo.com)

It seems like Israel wants a war with Iran. Netanyahu seems very crazy about the entire issue of Iran and wanting a war.

What is going on with that?

Reactions: Bum
I think there's a level of expectation that this is the sort of thing that goes on over there. While the Iranians will certainly cry foul, it's not quite the same as knocking of scientists in the broad and longstanding programs that the current nuclear powers have. This is a potential weapons developer looking to join the club.

Iran is unlikely to use a nuclear weapon, despite the rhetoric, but nobody wants more countries to have nukes at all. Israel and the gulf states certainly don't want Iran to have the leverage or regional clout that a nuclear arsenal may bring. The US doesn't want a local arms race with perhaps Turkey or the Saudis pursuing WMD. Israel doesn't want any country that can challenge or threaten them, especially not after some of the bellicose talk from Iran.

So it's almost impossible that the US was unaware of this, and most likely that Mossad (or, longshot, maybe the Saudis) initiated it. But hey that's the way folks carry on over there, so just another Tuesday.
Your dismissive commentary stinks.

I highlighed your one good point. The US (and other Western powers) have been meddling with the Middle East for a long time, mainly to keep it destabilized so they can maintain access to the vast oil reserves there. "What are our resources doing in your land?"

Last edited:
Iran is the enemy. They will always be the enemy. Biden will coddle them just as Obama did. Iran is the largest sponsor of terrorism. Nothing good is coming out of Iran.
Your "integrity" screen name is a farce.

I doubt any of our boys pulled the trigger. Eric Prince? Maybe.

I doubt any of our boys pulled the trigger. Eric Prince? Maybe.

No, I dont think any US operators were involved either; but I do not rule out Intel from a US alphabet agency being provided to the ones that did pull the trigger.

It seems like Israel wants a war with Iran. Netanyahu seems very crazy about the entire issue of Iran and wanting a war.

What is going on with that?

I think he wants to see Iran hit before a change in administration, and most of the GCC governments wouldn't raise much of a fuss as they tend to be at odds with Iran anyway.

Of course you will say that. Crimes and terrorism are what other people do in the minds of people hopelessly lost to their own propaganda system. The crimes and terrorism carried out by your own, like in this case, are to be applauded not because they differ from the crimes and terrorism of others but because they are carried out by others. It's pure hypocrisy and owes its existence to a good dose of propaganda indoctrination.

Not 'hypocrisy' because the target is not an innocent civilian. A legitimate target, one that is working with terrorists and as such is a terrorist himself by definition. Whoever is behind the hit has been removing a huge threat.

Your dismissive commentary stinks.

I highlighed your one good point. The US (and other Western powers) have been meddling with the Middle East for a long time, mainly to keep it destabilized so they can maintain access to the vast oil reserves there. "What are our resources doing in your land?"

Yeah I get it's dismissive, but it is what it is.

I'm not happy they're all so confrontational with one another. Not happy that Trump pulled out of the agreement that at the very least was stalling Iran. Not happy that Israel gets to pull its dirty tricks and extra judicial killings with impunity. Not happy that a basically innocent man with no blood on his hands and a family was murdered for doing what he imagined was his patriotic duty.

But no more countries need nukes. The fewer the better. And this is the assessment his killers most likely made when the operation was planned, for their benefit or for the world's.

Yeah I get it's dismissive, but it is what it is.

I'm not happy they're all so confrontational with one another. Not happy that Trump pulled out of the agreement that at the very least was stalling Iran. Not happy that Israel gets to pull its dirty tricks and extra judicial killings with impunity. Not happy that a basically innocent man with no blood on his hands and a family was murdered for doing what he imagined was his patriotic duty.

But no more countries need nukes. The fewer the better. And this is the assessment his killers most likely made when the operation was planned, for their benefit or for the world's.
The US has to de-nuclearize militarily along with the relatively few nuclear-armed countries.

It seems likely that whatever nation(s) was/were behind this attack used lethal physical violence to effect a political end in the Greater Middle East. The assassination had little effect on the Iranian nuclear industry because the institutional knowledge had already been preserved as Benjamin Netanyahu claimed several years ago. Thus the killing was far more likely an attempt to poison the political waters in order to make it much harder for the incoming US administration to restart or renegotiate a non-nuclear proliferation deal with Iran after President Trump unilaterally withdrew the USA. Using violence to achieve political ends is the textbook definition of terrorism. Therefore Iran should investigate the assassination and publicly release the results in cooperation with neutral and credible observers from trusted non-Western states and then bring the findings to the ICC for prosecution. If and when nations refuse to cooperate with the ICC investigation, then they should be boycotted, targetted for disinvestment and sanctioned until they cooperate.

Simultaneously Iran should begin negotiations, using the availability of its many rich natural resources to leverage a pan-Eurasian military defensive treaty organisation for collective defense from western attacks.

Finally Iran should use its paramilitary and terrorist proxies throughout the Greater Middle East, Southwest Asia and North Africa to make western occupations and military operations (covert and overt) of Middle Eastern, Southwest Asian and North African countries untenable by any and all means necessary, until western powers withdraw from the Middle Eastern, Southwestern Asian and North African regions. Iran should also work to undermine the legitimacy and viability of the Saudi Royal family in order to collapse that wicked kingdom from within.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Finally Iran should use its paramilitary and terrorist proxies throughout the Greater Middle East, Southwest Asia and North Africa to make western occupations and military operations (covert and overt) of Middle Eastern, Southwest Asian and North African countries untenable by any and all means necessary, until western powers withdraw from the Middle Eastern, Southwestern Asian and North African regions. Iran should also work to undermine the legitimacy and viability of the Saudi Royal family in order to collapse that wicked kingdom from within.

It seems to be working great for them so far.

The US has to de-nuclearize militarily along with the relatively few nuclear-armed countries.

And the world has to stop having war. And humans should treat each other better.
Oh don't forget the animals.

It seems to be working great for them so far.

Apocalypse:

That programme was set in the context of a pan-Eurasian defensive treaty organisation. Not the present status quo.

Be well.
Evilroddy.

And the world has to stop having war. And humans should treat each other better.
Oh don't forget the animals.
Correct.

Just because you're a miserable MFR, that doesn't mean everybody else needs to be miserable, too.

Back
Top Bottom