• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iran Is Laughing at Trump and Placing Hope in Biden

I thought we were talking about Trump? Why do you Trumpsters always go into "whataboutism" mode?
You were talking about Trump. My answer was based on my opinion of the North Korean ”strategic patience“ policy of the previous POTUS.

Note: I reserve the right to answer questions based on choosing whatever mode I think is necessary.

I have no problem with Trump’s strategy concerning North Korea. I think it surpassed the previous President’s strategy.

We clearly have a difference of opinion on this matter.

Snippet from opinion piece article.

When Trump took office in January 2017, he inherited on the North Korean front a long-running intractable threat, which during President Obama's eight years in the White House had become an accelerating and largely unaddressed crisis. Obama pursued a passive policy of "strategic patience," substantially sidelining North Korea — apart from a last minute warning in late 2016 to then President-Elect Trump that North Korea was the top international security concern his administration would face. North Korea had availed itself of Obama's passivity to carry out four nuclear tests on his watch (in 2009, 2013 and two in 2016), a blitz of missile tests, and was cultivating a burgeoning capability for cyber warfare, while Kim Jong Un, via murderous purges, consolidated power inherited upon the death of his father in late 2011.

Roseann:)

Good for the Iranian Regime you mean. This does nothing to help the Iranian people.

Like the US Govts care about the Iranian people. Sanctions " do nothing for the Iranian people" like they did nothing for the Iraqi people who died in their hundreds of thousands as a result.

Let's at least be frank about this.

If Biden has any decency he will reinstate the treaty only Trump and other extremists are against and pulled out of, along with hiking up the very sanctions that hurt the people some US commentators foolishly believe the welfare of which is a genuine consideration of US elites.

The Iranian Regime will walk all over Biden and have him underfoot begging for mercy.

imho Roseann

How do you reckon Iran will be in a position have Biden " underfoot begging for mercy" ?

I understand you might not like Biden but the POTUS could be Little Jimmy Osmond and they would still never have the power for such a feat. I really don't understand where you think the power dynamic is here.

How do you expect the Iranians to have Biden "underfoot begging for mercy"

Iran knows Quid Pro will end sanctions against them, and perhaps provide pallets of cash to fund nuclear weapons for them.

Last edited:

On November 27, 38 months after Royal Dutch Shell announced its pursuit of a massive gas deal in southern Iraq, the oil giant had its contract signed for a $17bn flared gas deal.

Three days later, the US-based energy firm Emerson submitted a bid for a contract to operate at Iraq’s giant Zubair oil field, which reportedly holds some eight million barrels of oil.

Earlier this year, Emerson was awarded a contract to provide crude oil metering systems and other technology for a new oil terminal in Basra, currently under construction in the Persian Gulf, and the company is installing control systems in the power stations in Hilla and Kerbala.

Here in the real world contracts =/= owning

On November 27, 38 months after Royal Dutch Shell announced its pursuit of a massive gas deal in southern Iraq, the oil giant had its contract signed for a $17bn flared gas deal.

Three days later, the US-based energy firm Emerson submitted a bid for a contract to operate at Iraq’s giant Zubair oil field, which reportedly holds some eight million barrels of oil.

Earlier this year, Emerson was awarded a contract to provide crude oil metering systems and other technology for a new oil terminal in Basra, currently under construction in the Persian Gulf, and the company is installing control systems in the power stations in Hilla and Kerbala.

Here in the real world contracts =/= owning
ad it also means they do not need to buy their own oil

Back
Top Bottom