• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iran executes champion wrestler

First, it's primarily Iran's fault, not trump's. What IS trump's fault is his horrible diplomatic skill, which has destroyed US influence with Iran which Obama had greatly increased, which pretty much eliminated the ability of the US to influence Iran on this. That includes trump's choosing to make the US an assassin of a top Iranian official on a peace mission, apparently to please Israel and Saudi Arabia, doing their bidding.

Obama greatly increased his influence with Iran by dumping several billion dollars in unmarked bills on one of their airstrips. I guess President Trump could do that.

Now President Trump did it because Israel and Saudi Arabia?

Obama greatly increased his influence with Iran by dumping several billion dollars in unmarked bills on one of their airstrips. I guess President Trump could do that.

Obama returned their money to them, as required by law, instead of making the US into a thief. He also skillfully managed to get things from them in return for doing so that they did not have to agree to. No, trump couldn't do that, because he doesn't have billions of their dollars we owe them. You, however, could quit lying about what Obama did.

Now President Trump did it because Israel and Saudi Arabia?

Yes, there are no good reasons for trump's murder. The bad ones that top the list are doing Israel and Saudi Arabia's bidding, making the US their 'muscle' as usual. Next on the list is for his own political benefit. What we know was NOT the reason was the lie he told about the official being on a mission to launch an imminent attack on the US.

Obama returned their money to them, as required by law, instead of making the US into a thief. He also skillfully managed to get things from them in return for doing so that they did not have to agree to. No, trump couldn't do that, because he doesn't have billions of their dollars we owe them. You, however, could quit lying about what Obama did.

Yes, there are no good reasons for trump's murder. The bad ones that top the list are doing Israel and Saudi Arabia's bidding, making the US their 'muscle' as usual. Next on the list is for his own political benefit. What we know was NOT the reason was the lie he told about the official being on a mission to launch an imminent attack on the US.

The alleged peace agreement which was supposedly part of the deal was never signed.

It's strange that this completely legal delivery occurred in an unmarked bills in an unmarked plane, and Congress, who needed to sign off on it heard about it only after the fact.

What murder are you talking about? If President Trump murdered someone, he should be tried and prosecuted.

The alleged peace agreement which was supposedly part of the deal was never signed.

Yet diplomatic relations improved hugely, the best since the revolution during the Carter presidency, the best unless you count Reagan's 'good relations' of trading missiles for hostages secretly and illegally, and selling missiles for funds for the illegal Nicaraguan war with the US sponsoring terrorists against the elected government.

It's strange that this completely legal delivery occurred in an unmarked bills in an unmarked plane, and Congress, who needed to sign off on it heard about it only after the fact.

Why don't you post a credible news source analyzing whether the method Obama used was wrong?

What murder are you talking about? If President Trump murdered someone, he should be tried and prosecuted.

There are too many murders to count, but the one I'm referring to that had the large crippling or our diplomatic influence was his assassination of General Soleimani, Iran's most beloved war hero from the US-backed illegal war on Iran by Saddam under Reagan.

There are many others, such as the innocent Iranians killed by brutal sanctions preventing things like medical supplies.

And trump has destroyed US diplomatic influence in other ways, not the least of which is his corrupt selling of US policy to Israel and Saudi Arabia.

I was amplifying your comment with an implicit point.

Iran doesn’t execute one of it's own heroes to make a point to foreign countries. It does so to make a point with it’s own dissident citizens.

Trump assassinated Solleimani for Israel. Don't get it twisted. The Iranians consider us evil, because we do evil things to the Mideast, and then pretend like we did those things to protect Americans.

:lol:

What a load of crap.

We “assassinated” Soleimani because he was responsible for the murder of numerous US soldiers over the years.

And no, overthrowing Saddam was not “evil”.

Sorry, I just don't give a flying **** about an Iranian wrestler.
I live here, in the USA, I don't live in Iran and I don't take an interest in wrestling.
And there isn't a damn thing we can do about Iran wanting to kill wrestlers.

Sorry, I just don't give a flying **** about an Iranian wrestler.
I live here, in the USA, I don't live in Iran and I don't take an interest in wrestling.
And there isn't a damn thing we can do about Iran wanting to kill wrestlers.

So, if Germany repeated the holocaust, would you say the same? We need to care about human beings, not only Americans. And there IS a damn thing we can do about human rights crimes internationally - if we didn't have a criminal president who was a disaster at diplomacy.

Iran executed a champion wrestler, reportedly after torturing a false confession. Critics say he was one of thousands of protesters, and he was targeted as someone famous to try to deter others from protesting. As far as I'm concerned, this is a tyrannical act - the sort trump wishes he could do. I wonder if trump made it worse, more likely for them to execute him.

For once, I am fine with his tweeting, asking Iran to not execute him, saying he'd appreciate it. But how much has trump's hostility to Iran made a plea from him likely to have the opposite effect? His constant attacks on Iran, his assassinating their popular leader, his brutal, deadly sanctions, pretty much made his asking them for something a joke.

There it is! TDS rant wrapped in Irans politics. Yeah its Trumps fault Iran is a terrorist nation. Prior to trump it was a vacation destination.

Yet diplomatic relations improved hugely, the best since the revolution during the Carter presidency, the best unless you count Reagan's 'good relations' of trading missiles for hostages secretly and illegally, and selling missiles for funds for the illegal Nicaraguan war with the US sponsoring terrorists against the elected government.

Why don't you post a credible news source analyzing whether the method Obama used was wrong?

There are too many murders to count, but the one I'm referring to that had the large crippling or our diplomatic influence was his assassination of General Soleimani, Iran's most beloved war hero from the US-backed illegal war on Iran by Saddam under Reagan.

There are many others, such as the innocent Iranians killed by brutal sanctions preventing things like medical supplies.

And trump has destroyed US diplomatic influence in other ways, not the least of which is his corrupt selling of US policy to Israel and Saudi Arabia.

You misspelled terrorist in reference to Soleimani.

So, if Germany repeated the holocaust, would you say the same? We need to care about human beings, not only Americans. And there IS a damn thing we can do about human rights crimes internationally - if we didn't have a criminal president who was a disaster at diplomacy.

One wrestler does not equal six million people.
But we DO have a criminal president, hence any ideas we may have about Iran and the Persian people will have to wait until we are able to excise the cancer in our own body politic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom