• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iran calls for Russia to support Teheran

Kss

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has urged Russia, to support Teheran over its nuclear fuel exchange deal, saying Moscow should be "more careful" in the stances it adopts, Iranian Press TV said on Sunday.

"If I were in the Russian officials' shoes, I would be more careful in making remarks about this great neighbor of theirs [Iran]," Ahmadinejad said.

A trilateral agreement on uranium exchange was reached on Monday by Iran, Turkey and Brazil, setting out terms under which Iran will send 1.2 tons of its low-enriched uranium to get 120 kg of enriched to 20% uranium fuel. The swap will be carried out throughout the year on Turkey's territory.

However, the so-called Iran Six - the United States, Britain, France, Germany, China and Russia - discussed on Tuesday a draft Security Council resolution expanding sanctions against Iran over its nuclear program.

Iranian president said the agreement Iran signed with Turkey and Brazil left no place for "excuses."

Iran calls for Russia to support Teheran over its nuclear fuel exchange agreement | Top Russian news and analysis online

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has urged
"If I were in the Russian officials' shoes, I would be more careful in making remarks about this great neighbor of theirs [Iran]," Ahmadinejad said.

Or else, what? Ahmadinejad issues a lot of threats on behalf of Iran, most of which Iran does not have the means to carry out.

Back
Top Bottom