• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

IQ vs. Religiosity

Viking11

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
619.jpg

https://philebersole.wordpress.com/2013/08/13/religion-and-iq-country-comparisons/

I think that for most Christians religion does not plat as heavy a part in daily life as muslims so just because they don't say it plays a very important role in daily life does not mean that they are not religious or atheist. Islamic religions tend to play huge parts in people's daily lives because it is so oppressive and they have a lot of religious rules they have to abide by..

Please. Just. Stop.

Very interesting graphic by the way, thank you for posting it..

I don't understand. What's so unsettling about my posts???

You are threatening the status quo, they don't like facts that disagree with their perceptions of reality..

You are threatening the status quo, they don't like facts that disagree with their perceptions of reality..

No, it is the graphs. SO MANY GRAPHS. Viking is that guy in every office briefing who just drowns everyone in power point slides. Sorry.

No, it is the graphs. SO MANY GRAPHS. Viking is that guy in every office briefing who just drowns everyone in power point slides. Sorry.

I like graphs.. No way you could get data like that across with the written word, post limits would not allow it and no one would read it all, much less be able to comprehend the big picture.

Was this written on a cocktail napkin? What is the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like graphs.. No way you could get data like that across with the written word, post limits would not allow it and no one would read it all, much less be able to comprehend the big picture.

You want a big picture: if you believe that religion impacts IQ...you didn't have much IQ to begin with. You also probably think IQ measures something important, rather than how one functions and relates to the world.

You want a big picture: if you believe that religion impacts IQ...you didn't have much IQ to begin with. You also probably think IQ measures something important, rather than how one functions and relates to the world.

No I don't think that religion impacts IQ. I do think that IQ impacts a persons capability to understand and dismiss bad religion though, ie islam.

I DO believe that genetics play the absolute biggest role in IQ and than education plays much less of a part in IQ than genetics. I do accept that childhood nutrition can pay a part in IQ by brain development but still less of an impact than genetics.

There are lots of ways to interpret these data and this graph.

You can say that religion and superstition are more confused among the lower I/Q-test performing nations. That's on the far right where I/Q-results seem to falter.

You can also say religiousity is unrelated to I/Q-results because as you see the graph appears to be very flat on the left and in the middle.

What is your own interpretation ??

Or are you waiting for US to interpret for you ??

I think that for most Christians religion does not plat as heavy a part in daily life as muslims so just because they don't say it plays a very important role in daily life does not mean that they are not religious or atheist. Islamic religions tend to play huge parts in people's daily lives because it is so oppressive and they have a lot of religious rules they have to abide by..

Possibly so and maybe not.

But you certainly cannot tell any of that from strictly looking at the graph.

The graph only tells you there is a very long plot on the left and in the middle where I/Q-results are flat compared with national percentages of religiousity.

This alone would suggest that I/Q-results and religion are unrelated.

And on the far right where I/Q-results plummet as religiousity skyrockets, that end begs other questions.

Just my interpretation.

No I don't think that religion impacts IQ. I do think that IQ impacts a persons capability to understand and dismiss bad religion though, ie islam.

I DO believe that genetics play the absolute biggest role in IQ and than education plays much less of a part in IQ than genetics. I do accept that childhood nutrition can pay a part in IQ by brain development but still less of an impact than genetics.

I tend to agree.

I/Q performance is largely genetic but also partially related to education and training as well. There might be some really smart poor uneducated kids who simply cannot relate to the test.

Religion involves decades of brainwashing though, and even intelligent people may be unable to combat bad religion, like Islam.

It would take an extremely high I/Q person to be able to discard all brainwashing, including patriotism and nationalism and also religion as well.

Very few people have I/Q's high enough to pull that off.

1. Possibly so and maybe not.

But you certainly cannot tell any of that from strictly looking at the graph.

2. The graph only tells you there is a very long plot on the left and in the middle where I/Q-results are flat compared with national percentages of religiousity.

This alone would suggest that I/Q-results and religion are unrelated.

And on the far right where I/Q-results plummet as religiousity skyrockets, that end begs other questions.

Just my interpretation.

1. Absolutely not, I come to this conclusion after much research on this subject that has nothing to wo with this particular graphic.
2. The lower right section of this chart may very well represent that it is easier to get lower IQ people to submit to the oppression of islam, which is obviously a huge aspect of daily life, hens the oppression..

1. Absolutely not, I come to this conclusion after much research on this subject that has nothing to wo with this particular graphic.
2. The lower right section of this chart may very well represent that it is easier to get lower IQ people to submit to the oppression of islam, which is obviously a huge aspect of daily life, hens the oppression..

That is also a possible hypothesis.

The trick in any research project is to list all the possible hypotheses for any given set of observations.

Then research more.

That's why Empirical science is never ending.

I/Q performance is largely genetic but also partially related to education and training as well. There might be some really smart poor uneducated kids who simply cannot relate to the test.

My view is that IQ is the measure of ones ability to figure things out for themselves as compared to education in which one knows/learns what others before them have been able to figure out.

My view is that IQ is the measure of ones ability to figure things out for themselves as compared to education in which one knows/learns what others before them have been able to figure out.

My own definition of I/Q is that it is the quotient of your intellectual age over your actual age in terms of insights compared with the norm of 100% or 1.00 as a quotient.

Everyone views this differently.

I believe the actual quotient represents analytical problem solving ability compared with a norm. I don't know where they get the norm from.

That's why I just use age. With age comes experience. With experience comes wisdom.

Although my brother in law is one of the stupidest farm animals on this planet, and my sister only married him to be her boy toy, even he has gotten smarter with age.

The point is that IQ does not measure one's intelligence. Especially given that there are multiple kinds of intelligences. It also doesn't determine who can function well. In short...IQ is a joke measurement.

I think that if you offered your own substantive opinion when opening a thread, there might not be criticism. So what's your point in opening this thread?

You’re just throwing out raw information, with no commentary or opinion of your own and so nothing to guide or inspire constructive discussion. There’s actually a forum rule about this so maybe you should consider reviewing them.

You don’t even seem to be making any significant constructive replies on your own threads (or many others for that matter). As a whole, that behaviour can lead people to suspect that you have no interest in any real debate, just stirring up arguments and resentment. Even if that isn’t your intention, it’s how it comes across.

you sound like you might be a little put off with TRUMP voters.

run don run

You’re just throwing out raw information, with no commentary or opinion of your own and so nothing to guide or inspire constructive discussion. There’s actually a forum rule about this so maybe you should consider reviewing them.

You don’t even seem to be making any significant constructive replies on your own threads (or many others for that matter). As a whole, that behaviour can lead people to suspect that you have no interest in any real debate, just stirring up arguments and resentment. Even if that isn’t your intention, it’s how it comes across.

i bet this forum does have a rule for that,it is ok to imply that someone is a racist on this forum or an idiot ,but don't you dare call someone a racist or an idiot or you will get hammered by one of this forum's bias admins.
you must be pc on this forum ,just like the liberal left,debate politics forum is bias as hell.

i am sure there is a rule for everything here,so go whine to the adms.and while you are at it get you some cheese to go with that whine.

Back
Top Bottom