• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

iPhone login is a PITA

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I don't know if this is an iPhone thing or a DP thing but with this new requirement to log in and verify my id it's quite the process to get in to the site from my phone.

I tried to log in and got the email with the code but the site is telling me that 2 factor identification failed. I cleared my browser history on my phone and got the same message. Then it wouldn't give me an option to enter a password. I turned off the facial recognition function but still didn't get the option for a password as the minute I plugged in my username that option disappeared. Finally, after clearing the browser again, I figured out that I had to enter the password FIRST and could then enter my username.

I understand that getting tons of fake accounts set up sucks but so does spending half an hour trying to figure out how to log in after I've been force logged out just so that my identity (for damned near 10 years) is no longer recognized.

Sounds like an iPhone thing. No problem logging in from multiple Android phones, no forced sign outs or 2fa.

Sounds like an iPhone thing. No problem logging in from multiple Android phones, no forced sign outs or 2fa.
You don't get forced out and have to re-login every month? I've had that going on for several months now. That happens on all my devices.

You don't get forced out and have to re-login every month? I've had that going on for several months now.
I've never noticed being logged out automatically, if I am logged out it's merely a matter of clicking on the username field for my browser to autofill the login information and then clicking login, and that's all I have to do.

I've never noticed being logged out automatically, if I am logged out it's merely a matter of clicking on the username field for my browser to autofill the login information and then clicking login, and that's all I have to do.
Hmm....perhaps I'm "special". Mother always mentioned that kind of thing.

Why not just post here on a real computer? You will never be logged out or need the two-step password login with a desktop PC.

Why not just post here on a real computer? You will never be logged out or need the two-step password login with a desktop PC.
First, because sometimes I don't carry my PC with me and only have a phone available. Second, this same thing has been happening on my home PC and my office PC. I haven't bothered to check if it happens on my laptops but it stands to reason that it would,

It seems that there is some 2FA setting in your account settings. I have found that and turned it off. Now I will wait to see if that also stops the 30 day requirement to reverify my ID.

Must have good eyes and small thumbs to log in primarily with a phone…….I used to get booted in mid reply, but that was prior software and it was eventually corrected before the switch.

Must have good eyes and small thumbs to log in primarily with a phone…….I used to get booted in mid reply, but that was prior software and it was eventually corrected before the switch.
I got one of the 6" screens just so I could see and typing is still a pain. I also need to take my glasses off to read half the stuff.

On my iPhone I used 1Password as my - well - password manager. I go in through that and don't have any problems with it's internal browser.

WW

I don't know if this is an iPhone thing or a DP thing but with this new requirement to log in and verify my id it's quite the process to get in to the site from my phone.

I tried to log in and got the email with the code but the site is telling me that 2 factor identification failed. I cleared my browser history on my phone and got the same message. Then it wouldn't give me an option to enter a password. I turned off the facial recognition function but still didn't get the option for a password as the minute I plugged in my username that option disappeared. Finally, after clearing the browser again, I figured out that I had to enter the password FIRST and could then enter my username.

I understand that getting tons of fake accounts set up sucks but so does spending half an hour trying to figure out how to log in after I've been force logged out just so that my identity (for damned near 10 years) is no longer recognized.

I never had an issue with my iPhone. What browser are you using?

Safari. It was doing the same thing with Firefox.

I use Safari and have an iPhone. It autosaves my username and PW, and I've never had a problem signing on or being recognized.
I wish I could offer more help. 🤷‍♀️

I use Safari and have an iPhone. It autosaves my username and PW, and I've never had a problem signing on or being recognized.
I wish I could offer more help. 🤷‍♀️
I'm assuming that it's something I clicked on at some point. I have a habit of getting ahead of myself from time to time, especially if I'm focused on too many things at once.

Safari. It was doing the same thing with Firefox.

You may want to double check if two step verification is enabled in you DP settings, other than the you might try logging out, clearing the cache and then re logging in

Hmm....perhaps I'm "special". Mother always mentioned that kind of thing.
First, because sometimes I don't carry my PC with me and only have a phone available. Second, this same thing has been happening on my home PC and my office PC. I haven't bothered to check if it happens on my laptops but it stands to reason that it would,

It seems that there is some 2FA setting in your account settings. I have found that and turned it off. Now I will wait to see if that also stops the 30 day requirement to reverify my ID.

If it's not user caused, then it's possible your internet service provider might re-allocating your network IP addresses on a regular basis. If your phone is set to automatically log-on to your home network using 'wifi-calling', it to would appear to change IP's with your other devices. If so, when your network re-configs your devices might be seen as 'new' unknown devices. This also may occur if you clear-out your browser data on your divices.

I appreciate all the advice here but I have decided to blame it all on Biden and an FBI conspiracy to investigate my social media. If it doesn't clear up in a month then I'm calling in Lin Wood.

I never use two-step passwords. My only computer is a desktop PC, which makes that feature useless.

I just hate trying to do much at all with a phone except maybe check email or watch the occasional YouTube clips.
Oh and, of course, make and receive PHONE calls...amazing! People still talk on the phone, if they're over thirty! 😆
(I'm sixty-four)

I just hate fat-fingering the tiny keys on the glass, it's frustrating.
Same with texting...I don't much care to type more than a few lines, again it's the fingers....I need a bigger keyboard.
And if I wanted to stare at a four inch screen all day long I'd take up other eyesight-robbing occupations, where I could at least get paid to lose my vision...
like film editing, which is what I do...on a collection of screens with 30 inch minimum size instead.

I just hate trying to do much at all with a phone except maybe check email or watch the occasional YouTube clips. Oh and, of course, make and receive PHONE calls...amazing! People still talk on the phone, if they're over thirty! (I'm sixty-four.)

The longer people have cell phones, the more confusing it is that they do not want landline phones. Unless the person I am calling is in my address book (which would be almost nobody), it is just a waste of icon taps. And there have been times when people who leave their phones on all day accidentally call contacts, so to avoid that problem I would have to keep my phone OFF. except for when I absolutely NEED to call someone because they don't have real buttons. Why can't they all have REAL buttons to make sure this will never happen and blind people can use them?

Believe it or not, I no longer have a cell phone number as my mom switched to T-Mobile's individual plan. It is that useless to me.

The longer people have cell phones, the more confusing it is that they do not want landline phones. Unless the person I am calling is in my address book (which would be almost nobody), it is just a waste of icon taps. And there have been times when people who leave their phones on all day accidentally call contacts, so to avoid that problem I would have to keep my phone OFF. except for when I absolutely NEED to call someone because they don't have real buttons. Why can't they all have REAL buttons to make sure this will never happen and blind people can use them?

Believe it or not, I no longer have a cell phone number as my mom switched to T-Mobile's individual plan. It is that useless to me.

You know they make tactile phones with buttons still for seniors and the visually impaired? Right.

WW

You know they make tactile phones with buttons still for seniors and the visually impaired? Right.

I know they don't. Every cell phone is just a flat screen. There was never such a thing as a Braille cell phone.

I know they don't. Every cell phone is just a flat screen. There was never such a thing as a Braille cell phone.

6453853_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

6420882cv11d.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

6412356_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Would you like more?

BTW - I didn't say braille cell phone. I said tactile buttons.

WW

Generally speaking, a cell phone dial with tactile buttons has a couple of bumps on the "5" button, and that's all blind people need, because if they know where
the five button is, they know where all the other buttons are.

Back
Top Bottom