• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

iPhone Cloud backup

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I am loathe to pay any extra to back up my phone to the cloud. I primarily use it as a phone, not a camera or a laptop. I don't have music or videos stored but I have a shitload of texts that often include pictures. If I back the phone up to iTunes then can I delete all the texts from the phone and clear up Cloud space for more current information?

Just delete the texts that have videos and pictures. If you dont want to save your texts, just swipe left on a text string and hit ‘delete conversation’.

The best thing to do is to save all your pictures to camera roll then backup your photos.

Just delete the texts that have videos and pictures. If you dont want to save your texts, just swipe left on a text string and hit ‘delete conversation’.
I would do that but most of the pictures are work related. I have clients sending me half their damned tax documents via text!

I would do that but most of the pictures are work related. I have clients sending me half their damned tax documents via text!
So you have data that you dont want to delete. So suck it up and pay 99 cents per month and write it off as a business expense.

I thing I figured it out. There was some "iMovies" thing that was taking up 1.3GB. I just turned that off, deleted the last backup and am backing up again.

Don't use iCloud 😁 if you can avoid it!

By far the worst cloud service out there, both experience wise, price and especially security wise.

On my iOS devices I disconnect everything but contacts from the start and use Google or other services for backups and photos as the experience and security is so much better. Not to mention access.

Back
Top Bottom