• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

iPhone 4

LOL no, I haven't really seen anything about it. But then again... I'm at WORK. You know, that thing some of us do. ;) (Or pretend to do, at least... )

:lol: people camping for two days, lines out the malls, it's insane.

I simply ordered mine via att days ago. There is an apple store right here where my office is, I'm tempted to go sell it for a massive profit. :thumbs:

:lol: people camping for two days, lines out the malls, it's insane.
That is just retarded. I can't think of any damn thing that I could possibly want bad enough to stand in lines that long or camp out for in order to have it the day it was released. Not a damn thing. I won't even go see "big" movies close to their release date because I just can't abide standing in long lines like that. Peons. :lol:

I went to a game stop once to pick up my pre-ordered expansion on the day it was released. I expected a line and all of some kind, but if it had been too long, I would have turned around and come back another day. As it was, though, I was the only chick in the place and guys all oggled me and let me to the front of the line. Men are so easy. :lol: Smiles, laughs, and a wink and I was out of there in less than 5 minutes.

I simply ordered mine via att days ago. There is an apple store right here where my office is, I'm tempted to go sell it for a massive profit. :thumbs:
That is genius. LOL

I may have to at least stroll by talking on it about how I got it two days ago....

Massive thunderstorms in the area,. those poor fools.... :lamo

I have been paying for a cellphone for my wife for years. i went away on business for 2 weeks, and she refused to let me borrow her phone, citing safety issues if she became stranded somewhere. Well, several months ago I got me an LG by Verizon. It's just a tiny prepaid phone. I just use it when i have a need for it, or when I'm out of town. One of my coworkers has an Iphone. It's cute, but I only need a phone to make calls with and somewhere to store business contacts. To each his own, I suppose.

I have been paying for a cellphone for my wife for years. i went away on business for 2 weeks, and she refused to let me borrow her phone, citing safety issues if she became stranded somewhere. Well, several months ago I got me an LG by Verizon. It's just a tiny prepaid phone. I just use it when i have a need for it, or when I'm out of town. One of my coworkers has an Iphone. It's cute, but I only need a phone to make calls with and somewhere to store business contacts. To each his own, I suppose.

True,

I use mine as a contact managment, e-mail, and online presence solution. I use it as a remote admin appliance for several hundered customers, Use it to direct my employees via e-mail, sms, etc. Use it to take pictures of serial numbers and voice notes......

Use it to look up support case tickets my company generates.

I could go on.

Some of us have a greater need than others I suppose. :shrug:

I just got my iphone 3G in March. I'm not spending another $400 on another one. LOL

I got a 3GS in May...Im kinda upset because the store said they wouldnt be coming out with a newer version til NEXT year. I do understand the 3GS is fully software upgradeable tho...so...should be fine.

LOL no, I haven't really seen anything about it. But then again... I'm at WORK. You know, that thing some of us do. ;) (Or pretend to do, at least... )

While we toil away on Internet bulletin boards... :)

I got a 3GS in May...Im kinda upset because the store said they wouldnt be coming out with a newer version til NEXT year. I do understand the 3GS is fully software upgradeable tho...so...should be fine.

I upgraded mine to the new os to play with it. def worth it.... the new iphone 4 is a real improvement on the 3gs however. I didn't think it would be, but it truly is.

I upgraded mine to the new os to play with it. def worth it.... the new iphone 4 is a real improvement on the 3gs however. I didn't think it would be, but it truly is.

Do you get the upgrade through the Apple site?

Okay, I avoided getting a cellpone for awhile. A couple of hours walking and siting in the hot sun after my truck broke down encouraged me to get one. I hated texting, still pretty much do, only used it ... well... as a phone.

I got the iphone and initially wasn't quite sure it was going to be worth the money. Now... I'm not sure how I lived without it. LOL

I use mine for work email and messaging. If I'm running late, I can send the office an email to let them know. And, I can still answer my emails while I'm at the docs office, or whatever. I can also web conference on my phone.

I've used it as a GPS that saved the day on a few occasions already.

I used it as a time waster when sitting in a doc's office or long line. I can read The Divine Comedy while standing in a grocery line. I essentially have dozens of books at my fingertips. Hell, I have the internet at my fingertips no matter where I am. (for the most part)

I use an Ambiance sound app to go to sleep by. And then I use the alarm clock on the phone to wake me up.

When I'm camping, I use the stargazing app to find constellations.

When I'm grocery shopping, I can reference hundreds of recipes to get ingredient lists. There's also a wine/food pairing app that I reference occasionally.

I use the "notes" app all the fricken time. Instead of writing down **** on slips of paper that I forget and leave at home anyway, I use the notes app to make lists of things I need from the store, or gift lists for other people, clothing sizes for them, etc. And those lists are always with me.

Pandora. I need say nothing more about it. It's awesome.

I could go on and on about other apps that I use daily or frequently... SoundHound, Weather, calculator, etc. Hell, I even use it as a flashlight. LOL

BTW, Rev... does the Iphone 4 have video?

Okay, I avoided getting a cellpone for awhile. A couple of hours walking and siting in the hot sun after my truck broke down encouraged me to get one. I hated texting, still pretty much do, only used it ... well... as a phone.

I got the iphone and initially wasn't quite sure it was going to be worth the money. Now... I'm not sure how I lived without it. LOL

I use mine for work email and messaging. If I'm running late, I can send the office an email to let them know. And, I can still answer my emails while I'm at the docs office, or whatever. I can also web conference on my phone.

I've used it as a GPS that saved the day on a few occasions already.

I used it as a time waster when sitting in a doc's office or long line. I can read The Divine Comedy while standing in a grocery line. I essentially have dozens of books at my fingertips. Hell, I have the internet at my fingertips no matter where I am. (for the most part)

I use an Ambiance sound app to go to sleep by. And then I use the alarm clock on the phone to wake me up.

When I'm camping, I use the stargazing app to find constellations.

When I'm grocery shopping, I can reference hundreds of recipes to get ingredient lists. There's also a wine/food pairing app that I reference occasionally.

I use the "notes" app all the fricken time. Instead of writing down **** on slips of paper that I forget and leave at home anyway, I use the notes app to make lists of things I need from the store, or gift lists for other people, clothing sizes for them, etc. And those lists are always with me.

Pandora. I need say nothing more about it. It's awesome.

I could go on and on about other apps that I use daily or frequently... SoundHound, Weather, calculator, etc. Hell, I even use it as a flashlight. LOL

have you got the Everytrail app?

EveryTrail - GPS Travel Community, Share your GPS Tracks, Geotag your photos

Right up your ally...

BTW, Rev... does the Iphone 4 have video?

no, it has HD video! :thumbs:

LOL Indeed

Im right there with ya sister...believe me! it makes the day go by faster sometimes!

I dont know how to live without a cellphone. Im very mobile and have to travel to different sites...work with a wide variety of patients and need varying types of data at a moments notice. I need reliable internet connectivity (the IPhone is twice as reliable in buildingas my Blackberry Bold was)...I can see how to some people its a toy...not to me...Its a business lifeline.

excactly....

Though it's still the worst phone in the world. save for all the other ones.

One thing I don't like about it thus far is it slides off of everything....

Since we are talking IPhones...just as a gee whiz...

I bought the Mophie Battery case...that with a screen protector...I only have to charge my phone about every 3 days..and that is with frequent use.

Back
Top Bottom