• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

iPhone 4

1. battery life is easilly 40% better.
I hear its worse

2. reception is 75% better (which I think helps #1)
Ya it should help considering its a freakin PHONE!

3. the screen is crystal clear makes reading tons of emails easy on the eyes.
I have a phone that has a 2.5x3" screen and I have zero eyestrain. Quit looking at it so much ;)

4. multi-tasking, while available on the 3gs now, it is not as robust.
Who gives a ****. Its a PHONE.

5. hd camera and video camera, no comparison.
Only losers use that crap unless its for business.

6. overall feel.
you wasted your money on feel.

7. hd video
its a PHONE. is your life THAT borring where you much be on a tiny little computer? Are you that fragile?

Anyone who gets these and uses them for more than a phone needs to spend more time with family and friends or just get on a REAL computer. :roll:

I really didn't even look this thing up before I got it. My office manager simply jumped on the pre-order and I barely knew anything about it.

Your office manager should be fired for wasting money.

"consumerism" has nothing to do with it. my business requires me to have access to several applications and functions the Iphone does the best with. The fact this one improves battery life alone makes it worth it to me.
Applications??? Like a calculator? What company would put applications on a PHONE? Especially since they get lost often and easily!?!? Your company is run by fools.

Last edited:
Oh yeah... my carrier was going to give me one for free for extending my contract. Instead I got a ruggedized flip phone for $20. See.... that actually has functionality ;)

I hear its worse

Well, Mine must be magic.

I have a phone that has a 2.5x3" screen and I have zero eyestrain. Quit looking at it so much ;)

It is for business, and you couldn't RDP using a 2.5" screen. The fact that my business requires me to have more access to my information than you, well... Tells us not about the phone now, does it?

I did? Well then it's a good thing the Good Reverend is obscenely rich then, isn't it.

its a PHONE. is your life THAT borring where you much be on a tiny little computer? Are you that fragile?

Boring? Nah, money making fat stacks bank, sure is. :thumbs:

as for fragile. Well, Obviously not nearly as fragile as one such as yourself who seems all midolly about a phone he doesnt own.

Anyone who gets these and uses them for more than a phone needs to spend more time with family and friends or just get on a REAL computer. ll:

wait, I should either chill with the family of avoid them with a "Real computer"? sage adcive chuckles. :lamo

Seriously though, what you fail to grasp is the iphone affords me more time with my family as what I can do with it, saves time so that I don't have to do it later....

Granted you probably work at a McDonalds so this is all foreign to you. :2razz:

Right, and replace her with someone like you?

Applications??? Like a calculator? What company would put applications on a PHONE? Especially since they get lost often and easily!?!? Your company is run by fools.

Remote desktop for servers
Remote IT managment
Ticket support monitoring app
Systems monitoring app
Business ledger app
Systems inventory app
telnet app

Not only that, since I am enterprise I have the ability to wipe any and all phones that are lost/stolen and we run a strict security policy on all remote devices.

And I will bet you the fool that runs this company, (me), probably makes your yearly salary in about a month.... :pimpdaddy:

Oh yeah... my carrier was going to give me one for free for extending my contract. Instead I got a ruggedized flip phone for $20. See.... that actually has functionality ;)

Is it milspec? Or were you fooled that the rubber shroud on your glorified star-tac was going to protect your phone from your clumsy mitts? :lol:

I hear its worse

Anyone who gets these and uses them for more than a phone needs to spend more time with family and friends or just get on a REAL computer. :roll:

One MIGHT ask the question "if you arent going to buy one and dont care to, then what would cause you to get so worked up about someone ELSE deciding it had sufficient value TO buy one?

SOME people are just fine with a very basic phone that only makes calls. My granny for example. But SOME of us use phones for actual business applications. And sometimes you have to spend money to make money.

I hear its worse

Wow dude, jealous much? I mean, holy ****... ranting on and on about a piece of technology that is extremely popular and extraordinarily useful by calling its users "fragile", "losers", "boring"? :lol: Good show!

Wow dude, jealous much? I mean, holy ****... ranting on and on about a piece of technology that is extremely popular and extraordinarily useful by calling its users "fragile", "losers", "boring"? :lol: Good show!

In his case, it's not the phone that's a "tool". ;)

One MIGHT ask the question "if you arent going to buy one and dont care to, then what would cause you to get so worked up about someone ELSE deciding it had sufficient value TO buy one?

SOME people are just fine with a very basic phone that only makes calls. My granny for example. But SOME of us use phones for actual business applications. And sometimes you have to spend money to make money.

OK... I did get overly worked up. :lol: I must have forgotten to take my anti-anxiety meds. :roll:

BUT! That doesnt change the fact that iPhones are a HUGE waste of money! There are other phones out there not only BETTER... but also LESS expensive annnnnnnnnnnnd..... they dont have to use AT&T.
Look, if you want to be the equivilant of the guy that wore a polyester suit in the 70's then so be it. But iPhones are not hip... they arent cool or rad or groovy. Apples edge is their marketing and frankly I dont fall for that stuff.

OK... I did get overly worked up. :lol: I must have forgotten to take my anti-anxiety meds. :roll:

BUT! That doesnt change the fact that iPhones are a HUGE waste of money! There are other phones out there not only BETTER... but also LESS expensive annnnnnnnnnnnd..... they dont have to use AT&T.
Look, if you want to be the equivilant of the guy that wore a polyester suit in the 70's then so be it. But iPhones are not hip... they arent cool or rad or groovy. Apples edge is their marketing and frankly I dont fall for that stuff.
Who gives a **** if it's "cool" or "hip"? I know I sure as **** don't. The iphone does everything I want it to do, everything I need it to do, and then some. And it uses a carrier that I happen to like, have had good service from for years both nationally and internationally, and who services the area I live in as well as the area my parents live in.

And then you continue. :lamo

AT&T works just fine and as good as the other providers here in the NYC metro area. FAIL

Pray tell, what does the guy who uses the rubberized star-tac, think is a better phone for the listed applications I use it for? FAIL

Sure you do, you fall for the "anti-" hype... being against something for the sake of being against it. Such a rebel. :lamo btw... Where did I suggest to you that this was a fashion purchase?

We can agree to disagree...but...just a point...

I dont know what you do for a living. Yesterday...in the first four hours of my business day and while this conversation was occuring I did consults on 5 patients complete with pharm research, coordinate patient transfers, downloaded and responded to syllabus concerns, and ordered lunch...all on my iPhone, all without being tethered to an office. I made the equivalent of a house payment worth of income in that time span, facilitated by my iPhone. So..for you I can certainly accept that it would be a huge waste of money. For me...it free's me up to live a pretty comfortable lifestyle. And BTW...Ive done that same kind of work from the golf course. Could I do it with a Blackberry? Yep. The problem is the Blackberry isnt as responsive re internet needs and my experience is the reception isnt great in many places and i cant afford to have missed or dropped calls.

What is a toy to some is a tool to others.

And then you continue. :lamo

AT&T works just fine and as good as the other providers here in the NYC metro area. FAIL

Pray tell, what does the guy who uses the rubberized star-tac, think is a better phone for the listed applications I use it for? FAIL

Sure you do, you fall for the "anti-" hype... being against something for the sake of being against it. Such a rebel. :lamo btw... Where did I suggest to you that this was a fashion purchase?

My cat could come up with more intelligent rebuttals. Please be more like Vancemack in the future.
He overcame objections. You just blabbed like kid on a playground.

The iPhone four is finally making me consider making the jump.

I've been using Windows CE / Pocket PC / Windows Mobile since 1999 on various PDA's up to Smart Phones and enjoyed the power and features it provided. However it became such a dated, hacked together piece of OS that it was not worth sticking with. HTC did some amazing things with the UI with TouchFlo and later Sense, but ultimately it was putting lipstick on a pig. There was far to much work that needed to be done hacking, tweaking, and baking windows mobile to make it worth while to stick wit hit.

I then moved on to, and am currently using, the Pre. The WebOS is by far the greatest mobile OS I've ever used. It destroyed the iPhone OS, it obliterates Windows Mobile, and it made Android look like the essentially Beta software it was. At a singularly OS level WebOS is beyond a doubt the best I've seen in regards to its effortless multitasking, slick interface, amazing notification system, the genius that is the gesture area, and synergy amongst it all. Unfortunately, the same can not be said for its hardware, for the programs that have been coming out for it, and for the support from its parent company that's been in a lurch for some time now. I do like the portrait slider feel of the Pre, and the size of the phone (and of the pixi) is GREAT, but ultimately the poor quality of apps (though that's getting bigger) and more importantly the dated nature of the hardware is killing it.

I've been reluctant to go to the iPhone. Sure, a 3.5" screen was nice but it was so much useless unused space, and just thicker and taller than what I wanted in a phone. The lack of multitasking was a killer for me coming from years upon years of windows mobile. The inability to customize the OS in any real way bugged the crap out of me, without even allowing something as basic as wallpaper. The generic page after page of apps annoyed me to no end. Lack of bluetooth for music, closed developer environment, bad reception, on and on and on.

However the iOS4 and the iPhone4 have changed a lot of it. Size is one of the biggest things for me with a smart phone. If its too big that I ever have to stop and think "do I really want to carry this or should I leave it at home/in the car" then its going to be no good for me, which is why I'm unlikely to ever go for an Evo, Streak, or X. Its screen is beautiful in size and pixel and mixed with the decreased thickness makes it the perfect middle ground for me. There's still yet to be a phone that I've seen or touched that has a more responsive touch screen than the iPhone's making the virtual keyboard less of an issue for me. They finally have something that at least fakes multitasking well enough for me to be okay with it. They've added their searching ability, wall papers, and folders to give at least a tiny bit more to the OS. And perhaps one of the bigger things...I'm no longer in high school or college, I no longer have the time to fiddle endlessly on message boards downloading haks or tweaks to continually massage my phone to do everything I want. I'd rather have something very polished, but not perfect, out of the box then something that's rather iffy out of the box but I can tweak and tune over weeks and months into a near perfect machine.

Unless Palm finishes this buyout with HP quickly and surprises us all with a new WebOS phone that actually has MODERN specs I'm likely going to be joining the dark side and jumping ship to the iPhone very shortly.

I feel dirty

I'll never own an Iphone. I can't stand Apple, and I can't stand AT&T.

uEZ1b.jpg

As a Quality Assurance Manager, I'm absolutely astounded that something that glaring and that important wasn't detected prior to release.

Body language says everything...and NOTHING could more adequate scream "**** YOU YOU ASSHOLE!!!" then the way both of these guys are sitting and talking to each other.

I missed the whole "holding it wrong" deal. Can someone please explain it?

I missed the whole "holding it wrong" deal. Can someone please explain it?

One of the complaints with the new IPhone is that apparently for some people the phone drops calls. Apples response is...

Apple made the new iphone with the actual siding of it acting AS the antenna. As such you'll notice little divets in the outer case of the iPhone, this is where the various atenna's end and the next starts up.

Numerous reports are coming out of not just bad reception, but complete and utter signal loss when one holds their hand on the bottom left side of the iPhone....a location where one of those particular divets is located. The theory is that because of the water within the human body which allows it to conduct and transfer electricity it essentiall acts as a bridge between the two antenna's causing severe and significant signal loss.

When someoen emailed Steve Jobs about it (he routinely allows people to email him questions) his response was, I **** you not, "Just avoid holding it that way."

Mind you, the way people are holding it is the way its held in every single solitary iphone advertisement.

Apple made the new iphone with the actual siding of it acting AS the antenna. As such you'll notice little divets in the outer case of the iPhone, this is where the various atenna's end and the next starts up.

Numerous reports are coming out of not just bad reception, but complete and utter signal loss when one holds their hand on the bottom left side of the iPhone....a location where one of those particular divets is located. The theory is that because of the water within the human body which allows it to conduct and transfer electricity it essentiall acts as a bridge between the two antenna's causing severe and significant signal loss.

When someoen emailed Steve Jobs about it (he routinely allows people to email him questions) his response was, I **** you not, "Just avoid holding it that way."

Mind you, the way people are holding it is the way its held in every single solitary iphone advertisement.

Epic Fail...... :rofl

Back
Top Bottom