• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iowa GOP official resigns his office, calls Republicans "too conservative"

Einzige

Elitist as Hell.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
This won't go over well with the self-victimizin self-martyrers on the Right, who read A Choice, Not An Echo and dream that the same Eastern Establishment that selected Dewey also selected Romney. After all, they alone are allowed to be put upon.

(I would support the total privatization of Social Security and the outright abolition of Medicare and still agree with Mr. Brown, fwiw.)

Iowa Polk County GOP Co-Chairman Resigns, Says Republicans Are 'Too Conservative'

Chad Brown, co-chairman of the Polk County Republican Party in Iowa, has resigned and switched his political affiliation to "independent," arguing in his resignation letter that the GOP has become too conservative.

Brown, who served in his position since March, submitted a letter of resignation on Aug. 5, the Des Moines Register reported Tuesday. In his letter, the former co-chair wrote that he was "severing all ties to the Republican Party," despite having identified as a Republican for his entire life.

Brown told the Register in an interview that his decision was spurred by the influence of the Christian right and National Rifle Association within the GOP, as well as Rep. Steve King's (R-Iowa) controversial comments last month comparing young, undocumented immigrants to drug mules. While House Republican leadership condemned King's comments, many of his colleagues remained silent on the subject. The congressman also continues to serve on the House Judiciary Committee.

Brown also took issue with the Republican Party's refusal to acknowledge climate change and global warming, telling the Register the GOP "has declared war on science and common sense."

This won't go over well with the self-victimizin self-martyrers on the Right, who read A Choice, Not An Echo and dream that the same Eastern Establishment that selected Dewey also selected Romney. After all, they alone are allowed to be put upon.

(I would support the total privatization of Social Security and the outright abolition of Medicare and still agree with Mr. Brown, fwiw.)

Iowa Polk County GOP Co-Chairman Resigns, Says Republicans Are 'Too Conservative'

Yeah….

People go crazy all the time… entertaining that the left is claiming this crazy this fast. Now being beyond feasible, perhaps it stands to reason, conceivably the logical conclusion

Yeah….

People go crazy all the time… entertaining that the left is claiming this crazy this fast. Now being beyond feasible, perhaps it stands to reason, conceivably the logical conclusion…

Entertaining that I said I SUPPORT ABOLISHING THE TWO MAINSTAYS OF DEMOCRATIC SOCIAL POLITICS, SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE, AND AM STILL IDENTIFIED WITH "THE LEFT" BECAUSE I DARE TO CALL THE REPUBLICAN HIVE MIND INTO QUESTION.

I apologize for the ALLCAPS, but the hive must be shook up on occasion.

The tea party and its extremism will surely destroy the GOP as a national force. The issue is how long it will take.

Rove realizes that, and spends most of his time criticizing the tea party knownothings like Palin. The irony is sweet since he was the one who brought the tea party constituency into the GOP to win an election or two. Now, he realizes it's a Golem.

Entertaining that I said I SUPPORT ABOLISHING THE TWO MAINSTAyS OF DEMOCRATIC SOCIAL POLITICS, SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE, AND AM STILL IDENTIFIED WITH "THE LEFT" BECAUSE I DARE TO CALL THE REPUBLICAN HIVE MIND INTO QUESTION.

I apologize for the ALLCAPS, but the hive must be shook up on occasion.

Calm down...chill

No real need for all the hysterical hyperbolic histrionics, I simply classified you as being from the left because, wonder of wonders, you self identify as being Libertarian-Left... do you not? Or rather maybe, do you knot, as it seems it might just get a bit tangled around there.

Calm down...chill

No real need for all the hysterical hyperbolic histrionics, I simply classified you as being from the left because, wonder of wonders, you self identify as being Libertarian-Left... do you not? Or rather maybe, do you knot, as it seems it might just get a bit tangled around there.

When I self-identify as being a "left-libertarian", what I really mean by it is that I identify as being a true libertarian, unlike the American tradition of selling out to the corporate welfare State (as exemplified by, say, Ayn Rand, who said that not to vote for Nixon in 1972 was "moral wrong").

I don't think I'll let you goad me through McCarthyisms into spasms, though. I am "left", yes, and proud that I am not a Republican.

The tea party and its extremism will surely destroy the GOP as a national force. The issue is how long it will take.

Rove realizes that, and spends most of his time criticizing the tea party knownothings like Palin. The irony is sweet since he was the one who brought the tea party constituency into the GOP to win an election or two. Now, he realizes it's a Golem.

Ha ha ha...Just wondering if you ever go off auto pilot mode. One can almost imagine a parody of the story, "The Boy who cried Wolf"... except with wolf being replaced with tea party. :2wave:

When I self-identify as being a "left-libertarian", what I really mean by it is that I identify as being a true libertarian, unlike the American tradition of selling out to the corporate welfare State (as exemplified by, say, Ayn Rand, who said that not to vote for Nixon in 1972 was "moral wrong").

I don't think I'll let you goad me through McCarthyisms into spasms, though. I am "left", yes, and proud that I am not a Republican.

Hmmmmm.....

You talking the McCarthyisms that were dead on, undeniably true, those McCarthyisms? And hey cool, we, too, are proud you are not a Republican, and raise you a, "proud you do not consider yourself a Conservative", either.

No offense intended, just valid contentment.

PS Who are those folks that identify as false Libertarians, by the way?

Ha ha ha...Just wondering if you ever go off auto pilot mode. One can almost imagine a parody of the story, "The Boy who cried Wolf"... except with wolf being replaced with tea party. :2dgfwave:

Ha ha ha . . . Just wondering why you can't address the merits of an argument. Actually, no, I'm not wondering. You're a conservative.

But I hope conservative keep their heads in the sand until it's too late. In an election cycle or two the national GOP will be gone.

Absolutely, I am not a conservative - primarily because conservative concern over the scope of the State is a smokescreen for a more base concern against the liberalizing effects of the 20th century welfare State. Where the government has been intrusive in favor of a "traditional" sort of collectivism - the Cold War draft, for instance - they have been entirely happy to offer up the rest of us on their altar to the government. Accordingly, I am proud not only not to be a conservative, but to actively want to abolish those values conservatives want to conserve.

Ha ha ha . . . Just wondering why you can't address the merits of an argument. Actually, no, I'm not wondering. You're a conservative.

But I hope conservative keep their heads in the sand until it's too late. In an election cycle or two the national GOP will be gone.

Yeah, right, like that is gonna happen.

Metaphorically, we are gonna stomp us some donkey all the way to the polls and back. Even the efficiency with which your side has dumbed-down the electorate, with the rapidly dwindling mainstream media companions still in the tank for your side, most of us out here have a gut sense of what your folks are up to, and even though we have approached the nanny state and yours have conditioned some folks not to flee to live in the face of the Katrinas, most of us want to survive and will wake up to discard the fluff and flubbers of the failed far left... all truly sensible folk knew that from the start.

Back
Top Bottom