• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Invitro Fertilization

There are millions upon millions of embryos currently in storage in the US.
And that's only a fraction of the embryos created by IVF and fertility treatments; most are never stored.
Even if human hosts could be found to gestate these millions- possibly billions- of embryos, what purpose would it serve? The world can't sustain that many more people, especially when no individual wants to take responsibility for them.

Besides, they go bad in less than 20 years.
Currently, the longest an embryo has ever been cryogenically stored and then gestated and born is sixteen years.
So it would have to be, you know, all at once.
The entire fertile female contingent of the US would have to be forced to gestate one embryo after another nonstop for the next twenty years, possibly in multiples: twins, triplets, more.
And then nobody would want all these kids, anyway.

I think storing them is dumb, and donating them for "adoption" to places like Snowflakes is dumber.
It's a meaningless gesture and a costly salve for the consciences of prolifers who nevertheless want to have IVF treatments.
There are millions of embryos in storage awaiting "adoption", and none ever get adopted.
Might as well just pour them down the sink and have done with it.

Last edited:
That's all true but extremely sad. ^^^

INTOT? chi9ldren? INCLISIVE?

Sure,.. why not.
What happened chuz? Shown to be mistaken again and instead of showing a modicum of integrity you comment about typos? How intellectual of you not to mention hypocritical, or in other words the norm.

What happened chuz? Shown to be mistaken again and instead of showing a modicum of integrity you comment about typos? How intellectual of you not to mention hypocritical, or in other words the norm.

Do I need to get a restraining order on you or something?

:::sigh:::

Do I need to get a restraining order on you or something?

:::sigh:::
How about, just as you suggested, address the points, the one that you were shown to be wrong about and instead of even a weak attempt to rebut, you cowardly chose to pick on typos? Show some character for once...

How about, just as you suggested, address the points, the one that you were shown to be wrong about and instead of even a weak attempt to rebut, you cowardly chose to pick on typos? Show some character for once...

Maybe if you present or re-present a point you are trying to make in a more respectful manner I would have an idea of what point it is that you are wanting me to respond to.

Maybe if you present or re-present a point you are trying to make in a more respectful manner I would have an idea of what point it is that you are wanting me to respond to.
Yea, I am sure you would, after all you always did. I will just not hold my breath, but you go ahead and respond away, the posts are there for all to read. The last point was the all inclusive attitude of the founding fathers.

Yea, I am sure you would, after all you always did. I will just not hold my breath, but you go ahead and respond away, the posts are there for all to read. The last point was the all inclusive attitude of the founding fathers.

I agree with their inclusiveness (especially with regard to the 14th).

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom