• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Investigation into Babbit shooting closed

Oh, no triggering involved. A blind man could have seen your desperate whataboutism coming a mile away.

I’m sure you do. After all, they are your fellow cultists
Not my 'cultists'. Still pretty pissed off at them for doing that. Just not draping it in hyperbole.

You are in your home with a mob outside that is saying they want to hang your wife and children. You have no idea what they are armed with, but their calls for violence have been loud and clear.

You're going to let them walk in and hope for the best?
well what is funny is that those who most wanted to police to shoot down those rioting/or violently protesting the election, are the same lefties who don't want honest people able to have firearms to resist a mob

Holy Smokes Laura Ingraham just brought up the the Ashli Babbitt killing and she showed a video of a black man that shot her and asked why hasn't his name been released and got off with no charges and then compared it to what was happening to Potter basically what I posted 40 minutes ago.

If someone used a tazer on you multiple times until you blacked out and suffered a heart attack, would you consider that deadly force?
Depends on how much I owed them and what for.

Holy Smokes Laura Ingraham just brought up the the Ashli Babbitt killing and she showed a video of a black man that shot her and asked why hasn't his name been released and got off with no charges and then compared it to what was happening to Potter basically what I posted 40 minutes ago.

Because Babbitt committed treason, and treason has consequences. And nobody wants to let Trump cultists go after this dude or his family.

Duh.

Because Babbitt committed treason, and treason has consequences. And nobody wants to let Trump cultists go after this dude or his family.

Duh.
I am tired of you and other TDS sufferers throwing around the term Treason. Show me one person that has been charged with Treason. Almost all charges have been misdemeanors.

And your concern over this dude or his family if his name was released. Where has your concern over white officers who shot black people when their names are immediately released and their addresses doxed putting their families in danger?

No surprise there because the lefties have always held double standards.

So now we know the one who shot Ashli Babbitt a white unarmed woman is a black man which Biden's DoJ, the Capitol police or the MSM refuse to release his name and refused to investigate his actions. The man in the video Ingraham played is definitely i Lieutenant Michael Leroy Byrd.

If Babbitt were black, Washington DC would have burned and we would have a lot more information about the case.

If she and the mob were black they would have been met with a wall of National Guard on the Capitol steps that would have opened fire before they got inside.

If we used your criteria then the use of deadly force against George Floyd protesters would be fully warranted. You understand that, right?
Ashli wasn’t a protester. She was a violent anarchist crossing a no-go line. Now she dead.

I am tired of you and other TDS sufferers throwing around the term Treason. Show me one person that has been charged with Treason. Almost all charges have been misdemeanors.

And your concern over this dude or his family if his name was released. Where has your concern over white officers who shot black people when their names are immediately released and their addresses doxed putting their families in danger?

So now we know the one who shot Ashli Babbitt a white unarmed woman is a black man which Biden's DoJ, the Capitol police or the MSM refuse to release his name and refused to investigate his actions. The man in the video Ingraham played I have not seen before. Just stills but it definitely is Lieutenant Michael Leroy Byrd.

Storming through the Capitol Building screaming about murdering the Vice President of the United States is textbook treasonous behavior, no matter how much you wail.

But hey, way to toss in a desperate false equivalence. There’s a big difference between killing someone in the act of committing treason and a loser who can’t tell the difference between their pistol and taser.

Treason has consequences bud. The Trump cultists are very lucky more of them weren’t killed.

So now we know the one who shot Ashli Babbitt a white unarmed woman is a black man which Biden's DoJ, the Capitol police or the MSM refuse to release his name and refused to investigate his actions. The man in the video Ingraham played is definitely i Lieutenant Michael Leroy Byrd.
Lol...file it with the white grievance committee

What would you do to a criminal member of a violent mob breaking through a window in your house and climbing inside where people you are sworn to protect are hiding?

Well, you could do what police do in Democratic Party jurisdictions: NOTHING

Pepper spray her. Taser her. Do both to all of them.

Why was a use of force investigation not conducted?

They were warned multiple times not to proceed with their antics, and they did. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Why was a murder investigation not conducted?

The same reason a guy who rams his vehicle into a military checkpoint doesn't warrant a murder investigation; its obvious why the guy was shot and there was no reason to question the intent of the shooter.

They were warned multiple times not to proceed with their antics, and they did. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The same reason a guy who rams his vehicle into a military checkpoint doesn't warrant a murder investigation; its obvious why the guy was shot and there was no reason to question the intent of the shooter.

She was unarmed. She did not partake in breaking windows or any other violent activity. There were police officers just a few feet away from her and they did not see her to be a threat. No one is saying entering the building wasn't wrong but the consequences she received hardly match the crime.
Why wasn't the name of the one who killed Babbitt not released? Recent video shows it was a black male who has been identified as Lieutenant Michael Leroy Byrd, the man in charge of the House chambers.

"I am tired of you and other TDS sufferers throwing around the term Treason."
I agree. It's all hyperbole and exaggeration.

A charge of sedition - meaning incitement of a rebellion - has not been brought against any of the more than 400 people arrested to date. The most serious charges have been assault, conspiracy and obstruction of Congress or law enforcement.

Amid setbacks, prosecutors abandon some claims in U.S. Capitol riot cases
By Sarah N. Lynch
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...laims-in-u-s-capitol-riot-cases-idUSKBN2BG30C

But the Justice Department has since acknowledged in court hearings that some of its evidence concerning the riot - carried out by a mob of supporters of former President Donald Trump to try to overturn his election loss - is less damning than it initially indicated.

The department suffered another blow this week when U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta threatened to impose a gag order on prosecutors after Michael Sherwin, its former head prosecutor on the Capitol cases, told CBS’s “60 Minutes” program that evidence pointed toward sedition charges against some defendants.

A charge of sedition - meaning incitement of a rebellion - has not been brought against any of the more than 400 people arrested to date. The most serious charges have been assault, conspiracy and obstruction of Congress or law enforcement.

Prosecutors are in the early stages of building criminal cases ahead of the trials stemming from an attack that left five people dead including a police officer, forced lawmakers to hide for their own safety and interrupted the formal congressional certification of President Joe Biden’s election victory.

But missteps by the government could harm its credibility as accused ringleaders begin asking courts to drop some of the most serious charges.

“They are trying to build the most horrendous cases they can because the public wants it - and this is politicizing criminal justice,” said Gerald B. Lefcourt, who for decades has represented high-profile defendants in political demonstrations, including Black Panther leaders and “Chicago Seven” trial figure Abbie Hoffman.

In fact tried to tell Tigerace117 the same thing in another thread earlier.
I guess you can see how far I got.

She was unarmed. She did not partake in breaking windows or any other violent activity.

She was in a crowd that was screaming "hand Mike Pence" and was attempting to break past a barricade into an area where government officials responsible for the transfer of power in an election were being held.

we're missing the hidden gem in all of this. we've identified (here and in real life) who supports the insurrection.

She was unarmed. She did not partake in breaking windows or any other violent activity. There were police officers just a few feet away from her and they did not see her to be a threat. No one is saying entering the building wasn't wrong but the consequences she received hardly match the crime.
Why wasn't the name of the one who killed Babbitt not released? Recent video shows it was a black male who has been identified as Lieutenant Michael Leroy Byrd, the man in charge of the House chambers.

yours assumptions and feelings dont matter here LMAO

She stormed the capitol and breached multiple times, that's enough on its own for deadly force to be justified
Her second breach is all on video and it shows it was justified. She's a moron terrorist that got herself killed

provide any facts that prove otherwise 🤷‍♂️🍿

If the police were not engaged by people using deadly force then they should not have responded with deadly force.

I am going to remember this post and quote it many times I expect

we're missing the hidden gem in all of this. we've identified (here and in real life) who supports the insurrection.

some will deny it but its obvious

but the other gem is

either way, they are supporting and defending a piece of shit terrorist who was justifiably got herself killed lol

Interpretations to such things vary legally in many cases.

Think of it like Castle Doctrine...once that invader breaks into your home, the legally accepted (and logical) assumption is that they mean to do you harm.
They have already broken the law to reach you...why would a prudent, "reasonable" person believe they're there to shake your hand?
More than 100 other cops were "reasonable" and "prudent" and didn't kill anyone. If you're the only one in your group that decides to go the extra mile and kill someone than maybe it's YOU that isn't being reasonable or prudent.
So? I dont know those other cops orders.

Please answer my question, why wont you?

Post 65 shows why...he was justified in shooting her:

Maybe you dont study self-defense training. Or police training. Maybe you are a mind reader but the cop wasnt...he didnt know she was unarmed.

He did however, see the armed mob that was set to follow behind her. How many should he have let thru before using lethal force to protect himself and Congress? 3? 5? 20?

She had a backpack, she could have had a bomb, who knows? No guns were necessary for an armed mob...they had bludgeons that were handily breaking windows and doors. They had spears (seen on video). Numbers alone with such bludgeons would nullify the cop with a handgun. Why would they have been using them to break thru that barricade if they didnt intend to breech it, like her?

They'd have overwhelmed that cop, possibly killed him, taken his gun...and used it on him or Congress. Certainly not a reasonable risk to allow that at all. He had a responsibility to protect.

An armed mob is a lethal threat. They would have overwhelmed the cop, taken his firearm, and could have used it on him and Congress.

She didnt obey a lawful order from a cop...it was ok for Chauvin to execute GF for that, right?

Guess she was wrong 🤷‍♂️

ab1.png

what a nut case. . definitely a QAnon nutter!

also its funny that now people are talking about the race of the Hero that shot her, I knew his race in Jan its not new news. The video has been out for months! Obviously, these people didn't watch the video until today or something and now its a conspiracy . . what loons! LOL

Post 65 shows why...he was justified in shooting her:

Maybe you dont study self-defense training. Or police training. Maybe you are a mind reader but the cop wasnt...he didnt know she was unarmed.

He did however, see the armed mob that was set to follow behind her. How many should he have let thru before using lethal force to protect himself and Congress? 3? 5? 20?

She had a backpack, she could have had a bomb, who knows? No guns were necessary for an armed mob...they had bludgeons that were handily breaking windows and doors. They had spears (seen on video). Numbers alone with such bludgeons would nullify the cop with a handgun. Why would they have been using them to break thru that barricade if they didnt intend to breech it, like her?

They'd have overwhelmed that cop, possibly killed him, taken his gun...and used it on him or Congress. Certainly not a reasonable risk to allow that at all. He had a responsibility to protect.

An armed mob is a lethal threat. They would have overwhelmed the cop, taken his firearm, and could have used it on him and Congress.

She didnt obey a lawful order from a cop...it was ok for Chauvin to execute GF for that, right?
Reposting your #65 post doesn't make it anymore compelling than when you posted it the first time.

She had a backpack with bottled water and some snacks along with her wallet and a few hygiene items made her a threat? Get real.

Anyone arrested for their actions on that day were not in possession of any firearm. All officers on duty were in possession of firearms. So it is time to stop pushing a false narrative.

Again there is no footage or evidence that showed Ashli Babbitt engaging in any violent activity. Her worst crime would be considered trespassing. And for that you justify shooting a person dead.

The officer that shot her was never investigated over the force used which was shooting a woman dead verses what she was guilty of doing. There were two uniformed Capitol police officers just a few feet away from her and they did not see her as any major threat or they would have responded. The OP points out that the investigation was a "civil rights" investigation only.

Also the Biden's DOJ, Capitol police, and the MSM have never revealed the name of the officer that fired the deadly shot that took Ashli Babbitts life. But others have and to this day they refuse to verify it. Tonight on the Ingraham angle she showed a video of the man shooting Babbitt. It was a black male and has been identified as Lieutenant Michael Leroy Byrd who is in charge of the House chambers. There is no hesitation to release the name of an officer that has been involved in a shooting. But for Michael Leroy Byrd got special treatment. Was it because he was black and he shot an unarmed white female? And would the optics be really bad when Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats were busy painting every person at the rally that day as a member of some white supremist group?

Right now to me what this is looking like if black officer shoots a white person that is questionable gets protections in the investigation and in refusing to release his name. If a white police officer shoots a black person it immediately becomes racism. Just look at the way Potter a white woman is being treated in an incident where discharging her weapon was not valid verses the black officer at the Capitol discharged his weapon was not valid. If he thought she was a threat he could have told her to drop the backpack at gunpoint and put her hands up on the wall in the hallway and patted her down and checked her backpack for anything he so called feared. This is bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom