• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Investigation into Babbit shooting closed

Oh we're back to caring about unnecessary use of force again?

Oh wait, white person shot.

Please answer my question before asking more of your own.

They can trash your 'yard,' but once they get in a window or door...what I wrote applies. She had JUST breeched that barricade (window in the door).
She was part of a group that had been inside the building for 20 minutes or more and had already encountered dozens of cops, none of whom felt the need to use deadly force.

That isn't what happened here. A better analogy would be: Someone breaks into your house so you lock yourself in your bedroom and let them wreck your house for 20 minutes, and then when they kick down your bedroom door you shoot.

Castle doctrine would most definitely apply in that case whether the criminal turned out to be armed after the fact or not. No question.
That isn't the way it worked. The group Babbit was with had encountered dozens of cops that DIDN'T use deadly force. The guy that shot wasn't cowering in his bedroom. he knew or should have known EXACTLY what he was going to be confronted with.

That completely avoided the question.

This is what you said... "If the police were not engaged by people using deadly force then they should not have responded with deadly force."

And here is my question... "You apply that elsewhere as universal, or only when Trump loyalists are trying to break into Congress to stop the certification of the vote Trump lost?"
The terms I spoke in assumed a universal rule.

Do you consider having your head smashed in a door jamb with 50 people pushing at you deadly force? I sure do, and I am sure that LEO did too. He sustained injuries from that and it has been widely shown.

Babbitt had been warned not to clime through the broken window which her cohorts broke. She was warned, she stepped through anyway and took a bullet to the head. IMHO, not enough bullets used that day on rioters.
The cop that was jammed in the door didn't use deadly force and neither did any of the other cops with him. Those cops, like the hundreds of others that didn't shoot, recognized that the threat wasn't a deadly one.

She was part of a group that had been inside the building for 20 minutes or more and had already encountered dozens of cops, none of whom felt the need to use deadly force.
The officer was in a barricaded room and was there to protect the govt employees, they smashed a window and tried to enter. The crowd gave up after the shooting, they should all be thankful there wasn't more shit as the attacked.

If the police were not engaged by people using deadly force then they should not have responded with deadly force.
So you agree that Zimmerman should have gone to prison for shooting trayvon martin?

I gladly would and it would be 100% fine

better yet if you want to be honest, which obviously your posts arent based on honesty at all but thats typical for your posts......

if a people storm my house, breach it, then proceed through my house, then come across a barricade and then breach that with me on the other side? yes the first imbecile through the breach is getting shot and it will be 100% justified

thats what happen to this moron terrorist, she got herself killled

i dont know anybody in real life that even trys to defend this terrorist its funny they are only on the internets LMAO
The scenario you describe IS NOT what happened at the Capitol.

4D1A2566-6DAE-4194-9ED4-A76342F94AAF.jpeg

i need investigationzz! Shoe’s on the other foot trumpists. How’s it feel?

Interpretations to such things vary legally in many cases.

Think of it like Castle Doctrine...once that invader breaks into your home, the legally accepted (and logical) assumption is that they mean to do you harm. They have already broken the law to reach you...why would a prudent, "reasonable" person believe they're there to shake your hand?
So? I dont know those other cops orders.

Please answer my question, why wont you?

No argument about treason being difficult to prove in court.
No argument that prosecutors file lesser charges they feel they have a strong case for.
Not even an argument that those rioters are charged to the full extent the law permits fro which there is sufficient evidence.

Just that it appears the evidence has left the prosecutors with evidence to only change "assault, conspiracy and obstruction of Congress or law enforcement.", and not treason or sedition.

So I'd guess you can't really call those rioters traitors, nor call their activities that day as treason. 🤷‍♂️

It's really amusing to watch so many Hillary apologists continue to repeat the same talking points they've been issued and continue to defend Hillary, beyond all rhyme or reason.

Her guilt of the aforementioned and cited laws is pretty much all but a foregone conclusion, as is the fact that the FBI does in fact investigate people suspected of crimes, on which grounds Hillary most certainly qualifies.

But far be it for this reality to be injected into those Hillary faithful's reality. It just bounces off.

Conservatives play this game all day long. When you want to just call someone a criminal, you do it. When someone calls one of yours the same, you want a guilty verdict or it’s suddenly out of bounds. “PROVE TO ME TRUMP EVER SAID RANSACK THE CAPITOL” said the conservative who has probably accused every Dem of being OPEN BOARDERZ.

PS: Spare me any of your BUH BUH HILLARY IS THE GUILTY. I was hilghting your hypocrisy, I’m not interested in any conservative HRCDS.

The scenario you describe IS NOT what happened at the Capitol.
🤣 😂 actually its EXACTLY what happened at the capitol
why do you post so many lies? I mean we come to expect it but who do you think they fool LMAO

people stormed the capitol, people breached the capitol, people stormed the inside of capitol, people came across a barricade, people breached the barricade
she was the first person through the breach and BLAM-O!!! the dummy got herself killed🤷‍♂️

If the police were not engaged by people using deadly force then they should not have responded with deadly force.
She didn't comply with a police order. That is good enough reason to shoot her right? Or does that only apply to minorities?

So? I dont know those other cops orders.

Please answer my question, why wont you?
More than 100 other cops were "reasonable" and "prudent" and didn't kill anyone. If you're the only one in your group that decides to go the extra mile and kill someone than maybe it's YOU that isn't being reasonable or prudent.

She didn't comply with a police order. That is good enough reason to shoot her right? Or does that only apply to minorities?
Simply not complying with a police command IS NOT justification for the use of deadly force. If you wish to review different situations where the use of deadly force WAS justified then we can do so but, as a rule, where the cops were found to be justified they were called to an "armed individual" incident. It should also be noted that NOT every case where a cops shoots someone is it determined to be justified.

Simply not complying with a police command IS NOT justification for the use of deadly force. If you wish to review different situations where the use of deadly force WAS justified then we can do so but, as a rule, where the cops were found to be justified they were called to an "armed individual" incident. It should also be noted that NOT every case where a cops shoots someone is it determined to be justified.
the video shows clear justification for the moron getting herself killed 🤷‍♂️

Why was a use of force investigation not conducted? Why was a murder investigation not conducted? We expect such an investigation every time a cop kills a black man but in this case it was a white chick that supported Trump and the DoJ just DGAF.
Have you noticed how the Capitol police, the media and the DoJ have refused to release the name of the officer that killed Babbitt? There are some who have taken the time to view the videos taken of the shooting of Babbitt. They captured the gun pointed at the broken windows in the doors at the time Babbitt was shot. The hands visible are of a black male. He was wearing a bracelet on his right wrist. He was also dressed in a dark suit and white dress shirt with nice cuff links. Then a picture appeared of a black male dressed in a dark suit white dress shirt with a bracelet on his right wrist like the one who had his gun drawn when Babbitt was shot. By the dress of this person it is clear the man was not an officer in uniform.

The person has been identified as Lieutenant Michael Leroy Byrd. He is the leader of the House Chambers section of the department.

https://redstatenation.com/photos-a...oses-the-investigation-with-no-charges-filed/

Whenever a white officer shoots and kills a person of color, their name is immediately released and within 24 hours the MSM has painted them as a racists and doxed their home address putting their family in danger. But if it is a black officer in charge of the House chambers who shot and killed an unarmed white female , in Biden's DoJ there is no use of force investigation nor a murder investigation.

Now compare that with what Potter is facing in Minneapolis. SMH.

Michael Leroy Byrd has made headlines in 2019 when he left his Glock in the public bathroom in the Welcome center at the Capitol. It was later found in a security sweep later on in the day. What idiot leaves their weapon in a public bathroom?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-capit...is-pistol-and-now-is-under-review-report-says

Last edited:
He had to deal with the possibility she had a bomb in her backpack. This was a attack on the seat of our government. She should have complied. She did not and it finally got to the point where she had to be stopped.

Good shoot

Have you noticed how the Capitol police, the media and the DoJ have refused to release the name of the officer that killed Babbitt? There are some who have taken the time to view the videos taken of the shooting of Babbitt. They captured the gun pointed at the broken windows in the doors at the time Babbitt was shot. The hands visible are of a black male. He was wearing a bracelet on his right wrist. He was also dressed in a dark suit and white dress shirt with nice cuff links. There is no doubt this was officer in uniform. Then a picture appeared of a black male dressed in a dark suit white dress shirt with a bracelet on his right wrist like the one who had his gun drawn when Babbitt was shot. By the dress of this person it is clear the man was not an officer in uniform.

The person has been identified as Lieutenant Michael Leroy Byrd. He is the leader of the House Chambers section of the department.

https://redstatenation.com/photos-a...oses-the-investigation-with-no-charges-filed/

Whenever a white officer shoots and kills a person of color, their name is immediately released and within 24 hours the MSM has painted them as a racists and doxed their home address putting their family in danger. But if it is a black officer in charge of the House chambers who shot and killed an unarmed white female , in Biden's DoJ there is no use of force investigation nor a murder investigation.

Now compare that with what Potter is facing in Minneapolis. SMH.

Michael Leroy Byrd has made headlines in 2019 when he left his Glock in the public bathroom in the Welcome center at the Capitol. It was later found in a security sweep later on in the day. What idiot leaves their weapon in a public bathroom?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-capit...is-pistol-and-now-is-under-review-report-says
LMAO
8ytbprI.gif

Unarmed...Entering a building that at least one DC policeman dropped barricades and waved them in, so I would say it's applicable.

The Trump cult being as laughably incompetent at treason as it is at everything else doesn’t excuse it.

Oops. Didn't mean to trigger you.
Still think that calling rioters traitors committing treason is an overreach / hyperventilating for what happened and how it happened. 🤷‍♂️

Oh, no triggering involved. A blind man could have seen your desperate whataboutism coming a mile away.

I’m sure you do. After all, they are your fellow cultists

The cop that was jammed in the door didn't use deadly force and neither did any of the other cops with him. Those cops, like the hundreds of others that didn't shoot, recognized that the threat wasn't a deadly one.

If someone used a tazer on you multiple times until you blacked out and suffered a heart attack, would you consider that deadly force?

Trigger happy cops shoot unarmed civilians and people cheer. 'Murica.

Back
Top Bottom