• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inversion of Key U.S. Yield Curve Slice Is a Recession Alarm

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Recession is coming -- thanks Joe

Inversion of Key U.S. Yield Curve Slice Is a Recession Alarm

NEW YORK, March 29 (Reuters) - A closely monitored section of the U.S. Treasury yield curve inverted on Tuesday for the first time since September 2019, a reflection of market concerns that the Federal Reserve could tip the economy into recession as it battles soaring inflation.

For a brief moment, the yield on the two-year Treasury note was higher than that of the benchmark 10-year note . That part of the curve is viewed by many as a reliable signal that a recession could come in the next year or two.

The 2-year, 10-year spread briefly fell as low as minus 0.03 of a basis point, before bouncing back above zero to 5 basis points, according to data by Refinitiv.

You aren't really saying that the 2020 economic collapse was related to the inversion of the yield curve are you?

Just where do you suppose our economy would be today if President Biden had not taken the actions he did to provide relief to the American economy?

Virtually every time the Fed has taken steps to tackle inflation, it triggers a recession.

Just the way it is and you want to talk about a sense of entitlement?

It is not possible to fix things without issues and what solutions do Republicans have?

Cutting taxes even further for wealthy individuals and corporations?

If that's your only answer, you cannot throw a stone.

You aren't really saying that the 2020 economic collapse was related to the inversion of the yield curve are you?

Just where do you suppose our economy would be today if President Biden had not taken the actions he did to provide relief to the American economy?

Look to the combined actions of congress/the president and the federal reserve, not in 2020 but in 2021. The hardship brought to millions of low income and fixed income citizens for the sake of political gain should be considered criminal.

The OP doesn't provide any evidence that the purported coming recession is because of Biden. Another unfounded claim from a con poster.

If this warning is true about an ensuing recession... (Praying it's not)
It's going to be a blood bath figuratively for the Democrats in November.

If this warning is true about an ensuing recession... (Praying it's not)
It's going to be a blood bath figuratively for the Democrats in November.

And what solutions do you and the Republican traitors you support offer?

I'm willing to bet absolutely none.

To tackle inflation means pain, unfortunately that's the way it is because if inflation isn't tackled you'll just bitch about that as well.

To tackle inflation means pain, unfortunately that's the way it is because if inflation isn't tackled you'll just bitch about that as well.

Fortunately the unemployment numbers are near rock-bottom, so this economy has some room to give to tackle inflation.

My worry is that the fed is going to overcompensate like they did in the late 70s.

Have a nice day...

Congress over spent (which is all they ever do) on COVID relief. This has caused inflation.
What is the now kept hidden scandal is that these COVID relief funds are going to COVID unrelated spending.
By all right and common sense, if these funds are not used for COVID related spending, they should be sent back to the feds.

Does anyone really believe that 'free money' from the government is actually 'free'?

Our inflation is primarily driven by oil prices right now. Once YoY oil price increases abate, inflation will go down.

Similarly, we've had massive increase in GDP. Once GDP growth mellows out inflation will go down.

do you think you actually add credibility to your posts by constantly throwing around the word "traitor" when it is clear to me-and many others-you really don't know what the term means, and you certainly cannot prove it under most legal parameters? Solutions? restrict the federal government to the powers it was properly given, rather than allow the pimps in office to continually pander to people who have little or no skin the the FIT game, with promises that they will get more stuff that others have to pay for

I hear the frustration of a man who not only doesn't understand economics, but who comes from an entire tribe who don't understand economics.

I sense your grudging jealousy of those who have that basic understanding, which looks like voodoo or witchcraft to you.

"Burn them at the stake! They're doing the Devil's work! Be sure to close your ears and not listen to their evil seductive words! Fear not - we shall prevail in the end! I'm definitely not afraid, myself" :rolleyes:

I hear the frustration of a man who not only doesn't understand economics, but who comes from an entire tribe who don't understand economics.

I sense your grudging jealousy of those who have that basic understanding, which looks like voodoo or witchcraft to you.

"Burn them at the stake! They're doing the Devil's work! Be sure to close your ears and not listen to their evil seductive words! Fear not - we shall prevail in the end! I'm definitely not afraid, myself" :rolleyes:

So any magical solutions to inflation with no drawbacks?

do you think you actually add credibility to your posts by constantly throwing around the word "traitor" when it is clear to me-and many others-you really don't know what the term means, and you certainly cannot prove it under most legal parameters? Solutions? restrict the federal government to the powers it was properly given, rather than allow the pimps in office to continually pander to people who have little or no skin the the FIT game, with promises that they will get more stuff that others have to pay for

Ah yes another TD “woe is the rich white man” routine.

Also One can be morally a traitor without meeting the strict legal definition.

But of course you already knew that.

Of course that would raise uncomfortable questions for people who have white nationalist sympathies, not that you would know ANYTHING about that.

Ah yes another TD “woe is the rich white man” routine.

Also One can be morally a traitor without meeting the strict legal definition.

But of course you already knew that.

Of course that would raise uncomfortable questions for people who have white nationalist sympathies, not that you would know ANYTHING about that.
ah the last refuge of a pathetic argument-throwing the race card. One can be a racist even if they throw the race card themselves.

How about reduced spending?

How about reduced spending?

Sorry, but that would be "immoral".

ah the last refuge of a pathetic argument-throwing the race card. One can be a racist even if they throw the race card themselves.

Remember, the old but sage saying... People who live in glass houses.

No seriously, what solutions will the GOP come up with?
How about reduced spending? Since Democrats run the House, Senate and WH, what's their solution?

No seriously, what solutions will the GOP come up with?

The GOP can cut the pork from the Biden administration with the caveat that they take the House this fall.
Encourage the federal reserve to increase interest rates... (long overdue)

Back
Top Bottom