• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inventions you love from another country

Inventions you love from another country​

Single malt scotch
Espresso
Daiquiri
Tequila
Vodka
The Reinheitsgebot
Stirrups
Chess
The arch
Aqueducts
Paved roads
Cars
Indoor toilets (Invented by John Crapper, seriously.)
Daily baths

Single malt scotch
Espresso
Daiquiri
Tequila
Vodka
The Reinheitsgebot
Stirrups
Chess
The arch
Aqueducts
Paved roads
Cars
Indoor toilets (Invented by John Crapper, seriously.)
Daily baths
Seriously????? You're actually saying that there are americans who think these things were invented in america???

Here is a couple that might interest americans.

The splitting of the atom and paving the way for an atomic bomb. Ernest Rutherford New zealand

The first man made flight. 31 March 1902, more than 18 months before the Wright brothers. Later, witnesses reported that Pearse flew 400 metres and soft-landed on a hedge on his Timaru farm. Richard Pearse new aealand.

part of why I started this thread, fun and educated
If someone had said to me that they thought vodka was invented in america. My reply would have been to take a few steps away from them and very cautiously ask if they are still taking their medication.

Money, Kingdom of Lydia c. 7th Century BCE by King Crœsus. (Western Anatolia).

The Printing Press, Johannesburg Gutenberg, c. 1450 CE.

Semiconductors, c. 1947 by John Bardeen, Walter Brattain and William Shockley of Bell Labs.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Last edited:
Not slamming just actually surprised. These are things I would have never associated with america.
Of course I know none were invented in America. I was just answering...

Because otherwise it's just a let's bash Americans for thinking they invented everything thread. And homey don't play that.

Of course I know none were invented in America. I was just answering...

Because otherwise it's just a let's bash Americans for thinking they invented everything thread. And homey don't play that.
I have more than enough ways to bash americans . Really do not need one as simplistic as this.

No, nothing to do with bashing americans. Just truly surprised by the contents of the list.

The vodka one really made me laugh. I am even tempted to see if google can find even one american expressing the idea that vodka was invented in america.

I'm guessing you thought it would be harder to find things that weren't invented here?
guessing wrong Gate, as you may know I read a bunch and I figured out we are a new country therefore a lot was invented elsewhere.

Who invented air conditioning black man?​

Jones, Frederick Although Willis Carrier receives much of the credit for developing the modern air conditioner, it was really an African-American named Frederick Jones who created the first portable air conditioner.

Back
Top Bottom