• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Invasions, Occupations and Brutality

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I want to be clear that I do not support the brutal methods used in Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

I really want you all to see the terrible cost of this brutal invasion. Cities are being bombarded in the kind of violence that hasn't been seen since WW2:

As Zelensky has rightly said, only demented criminal minds would bombard populated cities full of civilians:

It's the kind of tragedy that we could never in our wildest imagination visualized before 2022 - because we've just never seen this kind of horror before:

Listen to the chilling accounts of what the evil Russian armed forces have done. This is the kind of brutality that should never be inflicted on a civilian population:

When we see the kind of evil that only the Russian Army have are capable of, it's very clear who the bad guys were in the Cold War, and why they are so different from the civilized world:

The invasion of Ukraine has produced many searing images that will haunt us forever. Damn you, Putin - and your unmatched evil.

209c6a88-f246-476f-a329-512a01cadb66_750x422.jpg

You're really bad at posting videos that match your words. You whiffed on every last one of them in your OP. Have you considered hiring a proofreader? If you're being paid to push propaganda, would you at least ask your handlers to give you a bit more funding for proofreading?

The atrocities that we see in Ukraine are just as brutal and inhumane as seen in Syria, Africa, Myanmar, the ME, China, et al. It just so happens that Ukrainians are white and European which we identify with and their plight. We must respond to all in a more robust way.

Invasions, Occupations and Brutality​

Oh STOP BORIS. You have come here day after day as Putin's lap dog and apologist offering Putinesk horse crap and revisionist history. Now you want us to believe what????? Forget it. Just stop. Get another hob. You suck at this one.

Some people are demanding that we confront nuclear-armed Russia, even if it means WW3 -- because the unique kind of horror we are now seeing demands a uniquely strong response -- even WW3.

The Russian military has shown a complete disregard and unprecedented lack of care in avoiding harm to vulnerable civilians.
The level of civilian casualties produced by this war hasn't been seen in decades, let alone mere years or mere months ago:

It's because of the unparalleled evil carried out by Russia, that Ukraine must be brought NATO, which is widely known to be a purely defensive organization which has never committed any acts of aggression:

One only has to look at the standard Russian sources of disinformation to see how they deliberately under-report their civilian casualties:

Some people are demanding that we confront nuclear-armed Russia, even if it means WW3 -- because the unique kind of horror we are now seeing demands a uniquely strong response -- even WW3.

The Russian military has shown a complete disregard and unprecedented lack of care in avoiding harm to vulnerable civilians.
The level of civilian casualties produced by this war hasn't been seen in decades, let alone mere years or mere months ago:

It's because of the unparalleled evil carried out by Russia, that Ukraine must be brought NATO, which is widely known to be a purely defensive organization which has never committed any acts of aggression:

One only has to look at the standard Russian sources of disinformation to see how they deliberately under-report their civilian casualties:

Another do not look here but over there as over there is much worse. I call it an attempt to deflect away from what Russia is doing.

Another do not look here but over there as over there is much worse. I call it an attempt to deflect away from what Russia is doing.

I'm looking at the risk of WW3 -- because we really don't need that. You need to look at that too. Because if that happens, you won't have to look here or there, because tragedy will be everywhere.

All I see you doing here is attempting to justify Putin's invasion of Ukraine. None of these wars were good. Two wrongs don't make a right.

All I see you doing here is attempting to justify Putin's invasion of Ukraine. None of these wars were good. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Another massive failure for BORIS. BORIS fails to point out that we get to see our failures played out before our very eyes and judge whether the perpetrators should be returned to power or not. Go ahead BORIS publish your little video excursion through Putin's excesses and see what it gets you Russia. What a joke this guy is.

The selective double standards in how each invasion is treated is a further wrong

The selective double standards in how each invasion is treated is a further wrong
Incorrect. There were a great many of us who were upset and horrified by what happened in Iraq and denounced it. I remember writing senators at the time expressing disgust, marching in protests while most Americans (presumably yourself included?) sat indoors and cheered on the Bush/Cheney/Powell war machine, and all to no avail because we went ahead and wrecked Iraq.

No, what’s happening here is that you are really uncomfortable denouncing the Putin war machine and therefore on a mission to deflect as much as possible. The problem is that you’re doing such a terrible job of it.

Back
Top Bottom