• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Invasion, USA.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. The US is being invaded from countries south of the border. They just found a different way of doing it besides with military force. I remember seeing a couple of different occasions where they were talking to people from south of the border. They said, basically, "Somebody is paying for all those people to make the trip." I agree. And that "somebody" is their governments. Also, for the most part, though I don't believe the invaders BS boo hoo stories about being threatened, let's say some of them were true. Who is most likely to be doing the threatening? (Secretly of course) Their governments. Trying to herd people they don't want around, for whatever reason, northward.

Right now, very nearly half of the population increase in the U.S. is due to illegal immigration. Not births, as it should be. And of those born here, I wonder what percentage of the parents are illegal immigrants. I myself say that the time has come to completely close the border. And anything made there that is shipped here should be being by Americans to begin with. But the problem is that democrats, republicans and businesses love the shit out of cheap labor. Or slavery as I would call it.
Invaded? Really? does it look like this?

1651367322380.png

or this:

1651367386775.png

No? Then I suggest you stop with the bullshit hyperbole.

But what has changed is the reason people are coming to America. And all of them are not honorable.

What reasons do you think they're coming for now that is different?

There is more than one way to skin a cat. The US is being invaded from countries south of the border. They just found a different way of doing it besides with military force. I remember seeing a couple of different occasions where they were talking to people from south of the border. They said, basically, "Somebody is paying for all those people to make the trip." I agree. And that "somebody" is their governments. Also, for the most part, though I don't believe the invaders BS boo hoo stories about being threatened, let's say some of them were true. Who is most likely to be doing the threatening? (Secretly of course) Their governments. Trying to herd people they don't want around, for whatever reason, northward.

Right now, very nearly half of the population increase in the U.S. is due to illegal immigration. Not births, as it should be. And of those born here, I wonder what percentage of the parents are illegal immigrants. I myself say that the time has come to completely close the border. And anything made there that is shipped here should be being by Americans to begin with. But the problem is that democrats, republicans and businesses love the shit out of cheap labor. Or slavery as I would call it.

“Invasion” my ass. The Trump cult’s fearmongering is out of control.

A blatant political rant. How is this even remotely "military"?

The hideously repetitive song, Pico and Sepulveda, couldn’t exist without Spanish names.

Hilariously by Freddy Figueroa and the Boulevard Stompers. The video and imagery by the Elfman Brothers and Oingo Boingo.

However, LA or even "Los Angeles" is a lot easier to say than "El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula".

Or in English, "The Town of Our Lady the Queen of the Angels of the Small Town”.

I even laugh as most will even pronounce the same Spanish word two different ways. After all, the word "Rodeo" as in "National Rodeo" and Rodeo as in "Rodeo Drive" are the same word. But they are pronounced two different ways.

And about 3 million Americans die per year. Our population is not growing. We have room.

Actually, it has been growing at from 7-14% for over a century. Our country is now at over three times the population of 1920. Twice the population when Kennedy took office, and over 100 million since President Reagan took office. Over 50 million more than when President Bush took office.

However, obviously you have never really lived in much of the US. We have plenty of room, what we lack is resources. Go to California, their permanent "Water Emergency" is primarily not because of drought, but gross overpopulation.

Most Americans have woken up and smelled the coffee.

They realize that we have passed the point of no return.

Economic conditions in our southern neighbors are so dire that there is no way to stop them from coming here.

The United States is a veritable paradise for them. And for us.

I remember that when people from the USSR started coming here back in the last century, they literally cried when they first entered an American supermarket! In their country, one lined up for hours at a state-run store and when one finally got in, there was almost nothing to buy.

Americans are very lucky people.
Many years ago, in the 1960s, I saw poverty in Mexico for the first time. Then I learned that the border area where I lived was more wealthy than the interior, that Mexico was more wealthy than Central America, that those countries were more wealthy than Africa and parts of Asia. I concluded that at some point in the future, those millions of people would start walking north. They have. For a variety of reasons. As one African migrant put it to Londoners “we are here because you were there.” Mexican friends used to joke to me that the southwest US was just “prestado,” loaned to the US, that the third largest city in Mexico was LA. Others joked that pretty soon they would start changing California place names to Spanish. Whether it is European imperialism or an unjust war waged by the US coming back to haunt us, whether migration is accelerated by climate change, oppression, or trade policies that have the Third World selling coffee to buy washing machines, the problem is both complex, and lending itself to demagoguery. Trump brilliantly seized on it as a way to the White House. It is an issue that requires grown ups to get involved in, but we have Trumps and DeSantis’s and Abbotts dealing with it idiotically. Biden tries to honor law and treaty regarding refugees and is accused of opening borders. Pathetic.

America needs the low skilled workers. Shut up already who's going to make our hotel beds and clean the toilets?

My wife who is a very intelligent woman work in hotels while she was completing her CNA training and certification. Most of the Hotel workers I've met were USC's and there are a plethora of low education/low skilled USC workers. Your point is without merit.

My wife who is a very intelligent woman work in hotels while she was completing her CNA training and certification. Most of the Hotel workers I've met were USC's and there are a plethora of low education/low skilled USC workers. Your point is without merit.
Back in the day, I worked for Marriott as a banquet server for some extra cash. Most of the employees who cleaned the toilets and turned the beds spoke very little english and came from south of the border.

Your point is without merit.

I do not believe for a moment people would make the journey to the Untied States illegally if the living conditions in their home countries was not hopelessly immiserated if not outright deadly.
Even if true, it’s irrelevant because living in a poor dangerous country does not qualify for immigration under our laws.

Also if this is true what it means is America will just become deadly and immiserated if we allow too many people to come in, because people build institutions and countries and not the other way around.

When pro-immigration advocates claim we need “low skill workers” what they really mean is large companies and Burgeois leftists need low wage indentured servants who they don’t need to process social security and workmen’s comp taxes on. It being a hotel cleaner payed 75 grand a year there would be no shortage. There’s no shortage of workers, only shortage of willingness to pay them a market rate without cheating the system

Back in the day, I worked for Marriott as a banquet server for some extra cash. Most of the employees who cleaned the toilets and turned the beds spoke very little english and came from south of the border.

Your point is without merit.
Seems like you’re just saying Marriot was exploiting foreign citizens to avoid paying fair wages

Most Americans have woken up and smelled the coffee.

They realize that we have passed the point of no return.

Economic conditions in our southern neighbors are so dire that there is no way to stop them from coming here.
Yes there is. We can close a few overseas military bases and put the army on the border. We can put 30,000 troops and a double wall with automatic removal for anyone caught inside the double walled security zone. As part of said removal you will be fingerprinted and retinal scanned and those will databased in a list that makes one forever ineligible for visas.

Economic conditions in Mexico are quite good, as shown by the fact the share of Mexican citizens migrating to America has declined. By a lot. Less then a quarter of current immigrants are Mexican citizens, which is down from almost half decades ago.

I remember that when people from the USSR started coming here back in the last century, they literally cried when they first entered an American supermarket! In their country, one lined up for hours at a state-run store and when one finally got in, there was almost nothing to buy.

Americans are very lucky people.
We are not lucky, we had ancestors who built a powerful country from the ground up. Nothing about it was luck.

But what has changed is the reason people are coming to America. And all of them are not honorable.
This is just total garbage and it’s Misinformation directly tied to the GOP you can confirm it in two seconds with a Google search. How many posts did this guy have an ivermectin being suppressed because “Fauci didn’t want you to know that it cured Covid?” How can anyone take somebody like that seriously, really

Title 42- same as it was four years ago
Refugees - accepting none at the border
And anybody wants to come here has to wait in Mexico for a trial

Meanwhile 66% of Americans support a pathway to citizenship which the gang of eight including Lindsey Graham supported drafted and got to the house where the GOP shot it down and said they would come up with their own bill and never did. Do you know why they didn’t? It’s so that Ted Cruz could obstruct every single thing that Congress did for two years by saying that the Democrats supported open border policies right after they had signed a bill to address the problem. Absolutely shameless

Yes there is. We can close a few overseas military bases and put the army on the border. We can put 30,000 troops and a double wall with automatic removal for anyone caught inside the double walled security zone. As part of said removal you will be fingerprinted and retinal scanned and those will databased in a list that makes one forever ineligible for visas.
Many people of both parties would respectfully disagree that such measures would ever be politically feasible.

The current (and future) zeitgeist is clear: Immigration (documented and undocumented) is good and necessary.

Have a nice weekend!

Many years ago, in the 1960s, I saw poverty in Mexico for the first time. Then I learned that the border area where I lived was more wealthy than the interior, that Mexico was more wealthy than Central America, that those countries were more wealthy than Africa and parts of Asia. I concluded that at some point in the future, those millions of people would start walking north. They have. For a variety of reasons. As one African migrant put it to Londoners “we are here because you were there.” Mexican friends used to joke to me that the southwest US was just “prestado,” loaned to the US, that the third largest city in Mexico was LA. Others joked that pretty soon they would start changing California place names to Spanish. Whether it is European imperialism or an unjust war waged by the US coming back to haunt us, whether migration is accelerated by climate change, oppression, or trade policies that have the Third World selling coffee to buy washing machines, the problem is both complex, and lending itself to demagoguery. Trump brilliantly seized on it as a way to the White House. It is an issue that requires grown ups to get involved in, but we have Trumps and DeSantis’s and Abbotts dealing with it idiotically. Biden tries to honor law and treaty regarding refugees and is accused of opening borders. Pathetic.
I have lived in Los Angeles since the 1940s.

1. Yes, it is now a Hispanic city.

2. But they still do not exercise political control. The two leading contenders for mayor this year are a Caucasian businessman and an African American Congressperson.

3. The law enforcement agencies are now staffed by many Hispanics.

4, The enrollment in city public schools is actually dropping. This has greatly worried the teachers union. (I guess that many parents are moving, for apartment and house prices here are out of sight.)

5. Bottom line: Hispanic people are on track to become the most numerous ethnicity in this country.

Back
Top Bottom