• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Invalid Ballots?

maquiscat

Maquis Admiral
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
invalid ballot.jpg

This could apply to any level of voting, but we'll put it here. Do you think that if a voter can't follow basic instructions, their ballot should be invalidated? I for one, would have no problem with such a ballot being invalid. I am willing to allow for a simple shading went slightly out the circle to be counted if the machine rejected. But cases like this are far from that.

And to head off the highly likely moron counter, I don't care what candidates the voter was trying to vote for. My ballot, which was filled out correctly BTW, had votes for Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, and even Greens and Independents. Parties can go to hell for all I care. So this isn't a party line issue.

View attachment 67244071

This could apply to any level of voting, but we'll put it here. Do you think that if a voter can't follow basic instructions, their ballot should be invalidated? I for one, would have no problem with such a ballot being invalid. I am willing to allow for a simple shading went slightly out the circle to be counted if the machine rejected. But cases like this are far from that.

And to head off the highly likely moron counter, I don't care what candidates the voter was trying to vote for. My ballot, which was filled out correctly BTW, had votes for Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, and even Greens and Independents. Parties can go to hell for all I care. So this isn't a party line issue.

Looks like a California ballot. It is very clear what is required. Where I voted the instructions are printed on the ballot. On the ballot cover. On the inside of the voting booth.

If they cannot or will not fill in the bubble per instructions they are invalid.

A correctly determined invalid ballot causes controversy when Dems are behind, they want it counted as a vote for them.
Go figure.

Is there no depths of hypocrisy that Dems won't sink to, to win? Apparently not.

But don't read this as any sort of endorsement that the Republicans are any better.

Looks like a California ballot. It is very clear what is required. Where I voted the instructions are printed on the ballot. On the ballot cover. On the inside of the voting booth.

If they cannot or will not fill in the bubble per instructions they are invalid.

Looks like it was filled out by a 3rd grader with Tourette syndrome. :confused:

We allow morons to vote in this country. I don't intend to express any opinion on that.

I think in general only voters who follow the rules should have their votes counted. If there is a problem with a form (e.g., it is overly confusing) that should be addressable before the election through appropriate proceedings.

The above vote might be relatively clear, but I don't think, as a general matter, we want officials making discretionary calls about what voters intended, based on scribbling on ballots.

It sucks for whoever screwed up their ballot, but they probably could have asked for a different one.

There are 2 reasons why people don't do something...they either don't know, or choose not to.

Let me ask...where the instructions printed in English only?

There are 2 reasons why people don't do something...they either don't know, or choose not to.

Let me ask...where the instructions printed in English only?

In California you can get any launguage but Klingon. I ordered a ballot booklet in Klingon. Im still waiting.

In California you can get any launguage but Klingon. I ordered a ballot booklet in Klingon. Im still waiting.
Which is ironic since they teach Klingon at several universities and it's included in at least a couple of the translation programs online.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

View attachment 67244071

If voting mattered, the people wouldnt be allowed to do it.

Back
Top Bottom